NT scan at 14w1d

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2013, 11:15 AM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
Yesterday morning my Dr's office called & said they checked with the local imaging center & there was an appt. available if I wanted to do my NT scan. I had to wait for my new insurance card before this place would see me & I got it last week, otherwise I would've had the scan sooner.

I went in for the scan & it took forever, about 45 minutes, did anyone else's take that long? That was the length of time I was on the table. She kept having me roll to one side, then back to my back, then roll to the other side, it was really uncomfortable & strange..I think baby was in a weird position but she wouldn't say much. Once she finally got the measurements she turned the screen & I got to see baby..it was neat because baby was swallowing fluid & sticking out its tongue. I asked if she could see the gender & she said it's pretty early too tell but she thought she saw "something" between the legs. She showed me but I didn't think it looked like boy or girl parts. She guessed boy but said most babies still have a nub at 14 weeks so don't buy blue just yet. Now I'm confused because I was totally thinking I was having a girl! so we'll see at the anatomy scan!
January 23rd, 2013, 11:43 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
My NT scan wasn't more than 10-15 mins and to get the baby to move to the right position the tech just jiggled my belly with the wand thingy. Weird that yours took so long! They also have a tv screen on the wall at my dr office so I can see the u/s the whole time. I can't imagine laying there that long and not seeing anything. That sucks

I've heard of it before, and my tech at the elective u/s place was telling me yesterday, they all have the nub, but boy/girl depends on the "angle of the dangle".. so if you remember which way it went? I compared my pics to this site and my baby's "angle" looks like the boy pic - Embryo Development external genital sex organs - angle of the dangle boy or girl ultrasound gender scan - Baby2see

January 23rd, 2013, 11:49 AM
Emvious's Avatar Mom to 2+2+1 in the oven
Mine was at least 30 minutes and I had to do the rolling thing too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -erin- View Post
I've heard of it before, and my tech at the elective u/s place was telling me yesterday, they all have the nub, but boy/girl depends on the "angle of the dangle"..
I heard the same from a friend who had her nt scan predict a boy...its only like a 30degree difference or something?

Waiting to meet my angels in heaven

Emmett Parker, 2-4-12, missed miscarriage @ 11 weeks
Wyatt Leland, 7-30-12, miscarried at 6.5 weeks

Emerson Benton, heartbeat stopped 2-4-13, born 2-5-13 @ 17w3d, 5.6oz, 9" long
January 23rd, 2013, 11:51 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
mine was a good 30 min. the nurse had me cough every time she needed the baby to move (baby was sleeping and not in a good position for the NT measurements). she did a bunch of measurements and then had me empty my bladder since she could tell i was bursting, then she did more measurements. luckily, they project the screen on a tv so i watch the whole thing. and my nurse was so nice and explained everything. i didn't ask about gender b/c i was only 12 weeks! that's cool that you got a maybe boy answer! someone in my last DDC was told boy around that time and ended up having a girl, so it can def change!
January 23rd, 2013, 11:52 AM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
I wish I could've seen it from the side but she showed me from the butt looking upwards..so I didn't feel like that told me anything at all. We are probably doing an elective u/s at 16 weeks so hopefully we'll find out for sure!

Last edited by doodoosmom; January 23rd, 2013 at 03:37 PM.
January 23rd, 2013, 02:17 PM
Veteran
mine was a over 30 min. the baby was moving a ton when we got there to the point where the tech thought she got the measurements but the baby already moved the baby was so made my bladder being full the baby was punching at it it was kinda funny. she had be empty my bladder so maybe the baby would calm down. when I can back from the bathroom baby was sleeping and not in a good position for the NT measurements put his hand be hind it head and was all stretched out now that he had more room (so Cute). they project the screen on a tv so my HB and I were able to watch the whole thing. and my nurse was so nice and explained everything. we finally got the baby to wake up and give good measurements or she was talking about having to change to a internal U/S
January 23rd, 2013, 07:48 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I have not been able to find out that early but its amazing how they can tell sometimes and the angle of the dangle is something I have heard about alot too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search