I just scooped the cat littler.

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By sethsgirl
  • 1 Post By chessalove
  • 2 Post By babieseverywhere
  • 1 Post By .:fearless:.
  • 1 Post By mjbaby
  • 1 Post By jersey_gray

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2013, 05:57 PM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
And I am NOT happy about it but I had no choice. I bug DH daily to do it and he never does. I am going to give him an ultimatium tonight that if he doesn't start taking care of it then I will have to pay someone to come and do it (that he won't like).

But it just irritates me that I had to do something no pregnant woman should have to do, especially if they have a spouse that is suppose to help out.
January 23rd, 2013, 06:39 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do it all the time and did with my other pregnancies too. I did a research paper on toxoplasmosis when I was in vet tech school and if you've had cats a while and wash your hands it really isn't a big deal. Even if you haven't had cats as long as you wash your hands well right after and don't touch your mouth, nose or eyes you should be fine. With my other 2 pregnancies DH was out to sea so I had to. This time he works rotating shift work so most of the time I still have to. People generally (unless you have a lot of cats I guess) have more of a chance of getting it from eating undercooked meat or contaminated food then cat poop.
.:fearless:. and LuvRBx5 like this.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

January 23rd, 2013, 06:48 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Fortunately my cat is house trained, so we dont have a kitty litter. Which is good because I assume my husband would be just like yours.

January 23rd, 2013, 07:37 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
We have 3 cats and 3 ferrets, I clean the litter still. I just get medical gloves from the store and use those when I clean the litter and dispose of them when I'm done. I still make sure to wash my hands though too...
January 23rd, 2013, 07:37 PM
Super Mommy

Last edited by Gini_3boys; November 29th, 2014 at 03:28 PM.
January 23rd, 2013, 08:23 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
aah well im sure once he hears his ultimatum , he'll come around
January 23rd, 2013, 08:26 PM
Super Mommy
I hear ya! I was having the same problem with my husband too. He is so used to me doing it all the time that he doesn't notice when it's full. I mean, can't he smell it??? I told him the cat gets desperate and pees on the couch or elsewhere because his litter is too dirty, I am going to blame HIM for it, not the poor cat!
January 24th, 2013, 06:42 AM
chessalove's Avatar Love my little family
Ugh, hubby has never scooped the cat box a single day of his life. I've just gotten used to it. Being pregnant has zero effect on this. But I'm going to make **** sure that man changes a zillion diapers....
ninja_mommy likes this.
January 24th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Veteran
I am married to the most awesome man on earth, he does so much for me, but cat litter is the one place he draws the line... never once in 4 pregnancies has he done it. I wash my hands after, but that's about it.
OnesOnTheWay and lhug_nar like this.
January 24th, 2013, 09:55 AM
You guys made me feel better!!!!!!!!
Maybe I will just do it from now on? I am just so use to the OB and everyone else drilling it into my head that I am not suppose to do it.
January 24th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Emvious's Avatar Mom to 2+2+1 in the oven
Ummm, I made my kids learn to do it last January when I was pregnant and they've continued to do it since! Dh was deployed, Jax was 6 and needed to start learning responsibility somewhere!

Waiting to meet my angels in heaven

Emmett Parker, 2-4-12, missed miscarriage @ 11 weeks
Wyatt Leland, 7-30-12, miscarried at 6.5 weeks

Emerson Benton, heartbeat stopped 2-4-13, born 2-5-13 @ 17w3d, 5.6oz, 9" long
January 24th, 2013, 11:59 AM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As much as your husband STILL should, just BECAUSE...just what the other ladies said, be cautious
sethsgirl likes this.
January 24th, 2013, 12:05 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
I agree with you that he should do it, it's not hard & only takes a few minutes. I'm sure you'll be fine doing it if you wash your hands well but if he's home & capable of doing it, he should.
January 24th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Yeah if I don't do it it won't get done and then we'd just be living in cat feces throughout our whole house. I think me scooping the box is better than that. But when we got our cats we had a deal that he would NEVER have to scoop the box b/c he didn't really want the cats. I think in the 5 years we've had them he's scooped it maybe twice?? and that was because I was out of town for a few days.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
January 24th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Veteran
While I totally agree that if you just wash your hands you'll be fine I think the much larger issue here is that he won't help out even when your doctor is telling you it's not something you should do. I'd be pissed about this.
OnesOnTheWay likes this.
January 24th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbaby View Post
While I totally agree that if you just wash your hands you'll be fine I think the much larger issue here is that he won't help out even when your doctor is telling you it's not something you should do. I'd be pissed about this.
Yes, exactly! I feel SO bad even asking him because he works two jobs and does an amazing job providing for our little family. I am blessed in so many ways! It's just frustrating because I'd just feel better not doing it.
January 24th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
First (sticky) pregnancy I had my husband scoop the litter. That was the last pregnancy he scooped the litter! Just not worth having him clean the boxes. I make sure to wash my hands very very well after cleaning the boxes. Toxoplasmosis is very rare and primarily a concern with young kittens. I have cleaned literally hundreds of litterboxes probably as I have worked in two different vet offices and still tested negative for toxoplasmosis (I have also raised many orphaned kittens). You should still be cautious and be sure to thoroughly scrub your hands of course.
OnesOnTheWay likes this.

Last edited by jersey_gray; January 25th, 2013 at 12:03 AM.
January 25th, 2013, 08:25 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just don't get why the guys don't do it (if they are physically there). I mean it takes less than a minute, that just seems so lazy and selfish to me!

Oct '11 June '12
January 25th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_mommy View Post
I just don't get why the guys don't do it (if they are physically there). I mean it takes less than a minute, that just seems so lazy and selfish to me!
I agree.

I am starting to feel very lucky that I have a husband who, if he see's housework that needs to be done, will just go and do it. I am sure that if we used a kitty litter for our cat he would do that too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search