Anyone have LESS energy and patience?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2013, 05:37 AM
chessalove's Avatar Love my little family
I'm 17 weeks tomorrow and I swear I am so exhausted with life in general. I changed the cat box yesterday and almost cried afterwards because it was so exhausting. Also I have not a single ounce of patience for anything. Like I'm always at my boiling point. I never felt like this during the first trimester, although since I was so sick all the time I definitely had different reasons for laying low. What's everyone else going through right now? I'll say its been a good week or two that I've been super frustrated all the time, and probably about a week now that I'm so exhausted it brings me to tears.
January 24th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Super Mommy
That sounds tough. I wonder if you should ask a doctor about being more tired; could be a vitamin issue or the onset of depression?

I'm at 16 weeks and feeling much better. I was pretty irritable during the first trimester, and moody/broody. I hope you can get some relief too.
January 24th, 2013, 06:40 AM
#5 = the "Newbie"
I am definitely more tired lately, but I always chalk it up to the fact that my youngest just turned 9 months old yesterday.

Barbara 38
Bill 40
Lexi 17
Jeremy 12
Dylan 9
Nathan born April 23, 2012
January 24th, 2013, 06:44 AM
HappilyTogether's Avatar Super Mommy
I've also been feeling very frustrated and exhausted, though I am also still suffering with morning sickness on top of it. I just want to stay in bed all day every day, but I got to work this week and next. It is too much for me and I end up crying.
January 24th, 2013, 06:54 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel like I could sleep all day. I was like this with my last pregnancy too. My first pregnancy I had so much more energy in the 2nd trimester but last time and this time I don't have very much. Unfortunately not all women get te energy boost during the 2nd. As for emotions they will fluctuate the entire pregnancy and some after too due to hormone changes.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

January 24th, 2013, 06:54 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i feel MUCH better than i did in 1st tri, but i have found myself to be overly emotional lately. i cried myself to sleep last night after another little boy was mean to my son at his class (i didn't let my son see how upset i was, but man i was crushed). i've been ok with 7 hours sleep (all i have time for), but some mornings i feel like i could sleep all day!
January 24th, 2013, 07:00 AM
marriedtoamountie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been tired and a bit emotional/hormonal lately, but my kids have been so naughty the last couple days. I was trying to stay in and hide from the bitter cold, instead we're off right now to the pool for the morning, and then this afternoon we're bundling up and going to the zoo. My kids are too busy to laze around the house or like the last two days they get into too much mischief which results in wayyyyy to much clean up for me.

January 24th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Veteran
Um yes, totally. My poor beautiful 3 yo DD gets the worst of me on the days I am not at work. I have to constantly remind myself to be patient with her, I get so snippy. I feel horrible about it! I NEED my naptime on the days that I am home. DD and 1 yo DS share a room now. yesterday, I put them down for nap, and headed up to my room. I fell asleep and intermittently woke up to hear them playing, but I was so tired, I just rolled over and went back to sleep several times. After an hour I went and collected the kiddo's, they were cranky for the rest of the day due to lack of nap, but I was simply too tired to interrupt my own nap to make them take theirs!
January 24th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Twin Mama
Yep, I am tired all the time and it seems every weekend I get sad/depressed and don't feel well. I feel guilty for just wanting to relax and sleep on the weekend instead of doing stuff that I know I should do like clean, grocery shop, ect. DH thinks maybe its because I have to hold myself together M-F and go to work and by the end of the week I'm just over it. IDK but it blows. Maybe once we find out sex and start really buying and preparing for these little ones I'll pep up, god I hope so.

January 24th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My kids have taken the brunt of my crankiness since i was about 4 wks but I try to spend a few minutes of quality cuddle time with each of them each day. I think they understand. DH has been a saint!

January 24th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm always exhausted throughout my pregnancies, so this is nothing new to me but yes, I'm super tired most of the time. I'm pretty much useless right now, so it's great that I have such an awesome hubby who doesn't mind taking on all the cleaning (on top of what he usually does).

January 24th, 2013, 08:57 AM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
My 1st trimester I was perfect, almost normal. I had tons of energy and felt great all the time. Now in my 2nd trimester I have NO energy. I dread even going to the store for groceries and when I get home I feel like I've run a marathon! I keep telling my poor daughter "Mommy has to rest!" and I put my feet up in the recliner. It's been like this everyday since I hit my 2nd trimester!
January 24th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Krisnina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been more exhausted as well. I have trouble staying up past 8pm.

January 24th, 2013, 10:34 AM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been super tired. I've got a lot of stuff I have to get done before January ends and it's been soooo hard to get motivated and get like...anything done.

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.
January 24th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Emvious's Avatar Mom to 2+2+1 in the oven
Not tired so much as cranky, but the insomnia is setting in right now and making that worse too! Homeschooling dd has been quite the merrygoround with my moods lately!

Plus I think I'm feeling worse now than I did in the firsttri sickness wise!

Waiting to meet my angels in heaven

Emmett Parker, 2-4-12, missed miscarriage @ 11 weeks
Wyatt Leland, 7-30-12, miscarried at 6.5 weeks

Emerson Benton, heartbeat stopped 2-4-13, born 2-5-13 @ 17w3d, 5.6oz, 9" long
January 24th, 2013, 10:43 AM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
I'm more tired lately but I think it's because during the first trimester my boys had so much time off of school for Thanksgiving break then Winter break so I wasn't getting up at 6:15 every morning, I was getting a lot more sleep.

I haven't been that patient these days either but I'm still sick & getting bigger & more uncomfortable plus my husband is home less because his classes started back too so he's working full time & going to school so everything is on my shoulders which can be tough.
January 24th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Super Mommy
I don't think my mood has been affected at all since I got pregnant (DH actually confirms this). What I've really noticed though are my energy levels. The week starts out okay but by Thursday and Friday, I am totally burnt out and fed up! The afternoons are always worse, of course. By 2pm, I'm ready to get the hell out of there, go home, and take a nap!

My friend who recently had a baby said that she was very tired in the first trimester, but I'm in my 2nd trimester now (17 weeks yesterday) and I feel like it's WORSE than it was in my 1st.

Tomorrow is definitely going to be a looooong day.
January 24th, 2013, 04:32 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I've been a lot more short with Megan recently. I'm sure she isn't being worse but I do feel more tired these days. I'll get random spurts of energy but then crash soon after.

January 24th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm definitely much more tired and cranky this pregnancy.
January 24th, 2013, 11:39 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Most definitely, I have no tolerance for anyone or anything.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search