update ultrasound re blood clot or remnant of old placenta

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Veteran
So I had my 2nd ultrasound this week (quick recap last ultrasound they found white mass, md was uncertain what it was. Thought it could either be a remnant of an old placenta or blood clot...)

My OBGYN did the followup ultrasound and ended up calling in 2 other sonographers and another OB to take a look because no one can figure out what the mass is...

My OB doesn't think its a remnant of an old placenta simply because i had no hemorrhaging post c-section and over the past year, and since i had a c-section she explained that surgeon manually wipes down uterus so its almost impossible that they didn't catch this.... So we were going with blood clot.... but over 2 weeks the size of the mass hasn't changed so she doesn't think its that either! The only thing that they caught is that whatever it is, there is blood flow to the area?!?!

OB said not to be worried, it doesn't seem to be affecting the pregnancy that they will continue to monitor the size of it closely. next ultrasound in 3 weeks...

Not really worried surprisingly... maybe cause im still too nauseous

oh and then leave it to my mother to say, well is it cancer! she can be sooo comforting

Last edited by Kiwikisses79; January 26th, 2013 at 02:04 PM.
January 26th, 2013, 03:11 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Thats good to hear that your worried about it and the doc is monitoring it. maybe within the next few they will get a better understanding of what it is.
January 26th, 2013, 06:26 PM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm glad to hear you are not stressing, sad to hear they can't figure it out yet! Hang in there, your baby is still doing well

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search