I am scared and nobody understands

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2013, 10:08 AM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
I am scared for the heart echo in 2 weeks.

Everyone says, you have heard the heart, how can that heart be poorly... it was a fluke NT thats all.

But I have been crying so much about it.. I should be now organising the house and stuff and stuff like I did with Serenity but I feel until this scan is done I can't do anything.

Nobody understands my fears and it makes it all the worse.

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

February 12th, 2013, 10:15 AM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
Clare, im sorry you are having to go through this. But you are strong and i have faith that everything Will be fine. I understand the nerves and the emotion, we are here for you !
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

February 12th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Thanks sweetie x

February 12th, 2013, 11:07 AM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
I've never been in your position but I know I'd be worried too, it's natural to worry & be emotional when you've had bad news. Hopefully it WAS a fluke & baby will look perfect, but you have every right to feel the way you do.
February 12th, 2013, 11:35 AM
momto3brazils's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Its frustrating when people try to brush off your feelings, its what your feeling and who can blame you, and yes positive thinking is nice but you also have to be realistic and right now thats where your at, you need support not people discounting your feelings. I would feel no differently than you do, once you get the results of the echo then you can process everything from there. sending warm hugs.

February 12th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Veteran
Your reaction to this sounds spot on to me.

It was a really, really crappy NT scan result. Just think about how happy you would have been that day to know that you'd be in a position several weeks later having heard regular heartbeats and at low risk for genetic defects! But it's scary to think about possible problems, especially when there's nothing you can do about them. And for the next couple of weeks you have to live with that uncertainty. It totally sucks. Don't feel guilty about worrying about it and being upset... you will know more soon and you will move forward from there. If ttc and pregnancy have taught you nothing else it's that you can wait two weeks for news

But, please, enough bad news for you. Only positive things from here out, okay? Even if you have to wait for them.
February 12th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Veteran
{{Hugs}}

I hate uncertainty so I know this must be hard on you. I'll keep you in my prayers.
February 12th, 2013, 02:08 PM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't been in this position, but I can somewhat sympathize. Now after seeing the baby on u/s 3 times I finally feel a little more like, "Hey, this might just work out." The worrying never goes away. If it's not one thing it's another.
I'm with the others, hopefully it was a fluke NT scan and if it wasn't you've already been told that most any heart problem is fixable. Not that it makes the situation "ok" but at least you can deal with it. Keep your chin up

Oct '11 June '12
February 12th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Thanks guys.. I have been crying so much over it. xxx

February 12th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Super Mommy
Your situation is a lot different than mine, but know what hearing bad NT results is like and I know what it's like to be scared every time you go in for an ultrasound or appointment.

I was really upset before our last ultrasound, but DH told me "What ever happens, happens. We can't change anything. It might not be what we want, but we'll deal with it. Don't worry until we have to worry."

It's good advice, and someone should take it since I sure didn't! It was hard that things didn't seem to affect him like they did me.

Remember, we always imagine the worst case scenario. You've been through a lot already, and you've gotten through it! It's okay to be upset. It's okay to cry...there's nothing like a good cry in the shower. No one knows what you are going through, and they most certainly can't telling how to feel.

Even if the echo has good results, you'll probably still worry until baby is safe in your arms...which isn't too far away!
captivate likes this.
February 12th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Veteran
I am so sorry....I believe that people say things like that thinking it will make you feel better when in fact just listening...really listening would be more helpful.....I wish you only the best!!!
captivate likes this.

Kaylee

Tommy
February 13th, 2013, 10:17 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
It is so frustrating how people do that - they don't want to think about the negative possibilities and will do anything they can to keep you from talking about it. You are entitled to all of your feelings, whatever they may be. These days people just don't realize that it's not healthy to keep those things inside. You need to express your fears, not have them written off. They have no right and I'm angry at them for you.

I'm really glad you came here to talk about it. I think it's perfectly reasonable that you're concerned! What mother wouldn't be????
captivate likes this.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
February 18th, 2013, 01:17 AM
Veteran
I will be sending thoughts you way
captivate likes this.
February 18th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Thanks girls.

The closer it gets ( 7 days now ) the more scared I am...

With Serenity do you know I had EVERYTHING I needed by now.. I was very premature but again it took 4 losses to get her but that pregnancy was so different.. my losses has a reason and they did not do NT back then

I hate technology.. but then I love it at the same time. If I had not had a NT I would be buying bits and sorting the houses out..

urrgh when will this all end? When baby is in my arms.. no way I am a paranoid mother to a new born lol. I poke babies to make them stir to make sure they are ok. LMAO! xxxxx

February 18th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Veteran
Huggs and Prayers and Positive thoughts your way!

Kaylee

Tommy
February 18th, 2013, 12:28 PM
marriedtoamountie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sending prayers your way!!!

February 18th, 2013, 03:33 PM
xxx

February 18th, 2013, 04:08 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
I'm sorry people aren't understanding!! I hope all goes well and that the next few days are less anxious for you.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
February 18th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Super Mommy
*Lurking from the March ddc

Just wanted to let you know Im still keeping you in my thoughts and sending tonnes of positive energy your way. I would say its perfectly normal to be scared, I would be terrified. Hoping so much for you to have a positive outcome!
February 18th, 2013, 10:14 PM
getnthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search