bras

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2013, 08:16 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
with DS, my boobs never grew. not during pregnancy or BFing. so this is new to me! i am clearly spilling out of the only 34B bra that i can actually squeeze into these days. i don't want to spend $ on new bras if i'm just going to keep growing! so in your experience, how much bigger will they get? would you recommend getting one from a maternity store? do they have some stretch if i do get bigger?
February 14th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Super Mommy
I'm a FTM, so no advice on how big to go, but I'm right there with you on the not fitting into anything anymore. I'm about to break down and buy some nice moisture-wicking sports bras.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
February 14th, 2013, 10:20 AM
momto3brazils's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wore nursing bras while pregnant with all my kids they were a little roomy at first.. lol. but once my milk came in they were perfect. Mother hood has decent priced bras.

February 14th, 2013, 11:21 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I still have the same "problem" you had with DS. I was hoping with at least one pregnancy that my chest would gain a little oomph. No such luck

Oct '11 June '12
February 14th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
My boobs are growing this time too but I don't want to buy new bras so I'm just squeezing into the ones I have. I'm not sure what to do either??

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
February 14th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I squeeze into them until they start hurting me, then I have to give in and buy new ones.

Not impressed, I must say. That said, I do find I get more 'stretch' out of maternity bras, so I am buying those just because I can have them for that little bit longer.

I've ballooned out, not too happy about that. DH on the other hand, thinks it's wonderful.

February 14th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, you probably will keep growing. Last time, my boobs grew the most in the second trimester (1 cup size in the first trimester and 2 in the second). Most people get even bigger after giving birth when their milk comes in too (mine stayed the same preggo size). Then, after breastfeeding, you never know what will happen. My small boobs actually became permanently smaller but some people stay larger after pregnancy or go back to their old size.
I was personally never really a huge fan of nursing bras. I bought a few but realized I could nurse just fine in regular bras. I think the most important thing is just finding bras with great support straps as your breasts will become very heavy (especially with milk).
February 16th, 2013, 08:23 AM
getnthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didnt buy bras while I was pregnant my first time and sorta put up with the changes. But I need to say that was not ideal. I tried sports bras... I am buying the few sizes I need and I bought a bra extender. Im talking I spent 35 dollars on 2 bras and an extender. I think that will get me through pregnancy and thats not too bad. I realize its temporary but I did plan to try and use after pregnancy depending on my size with nursing. I think its important to not have clogged ducts and to have the support and look nice. It messes with my psyche when i dont feel pretty or feel bad about my changing body. I need little perks and Im so glad I forked up the few dollars.

February 16th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Veteran
My mom and sister each bought me a new nursing/maternity bra to wear now and after I have baby. My boobs have grown so much, I went from a C to a DD - I certainly hope that they don't grow any more than they already did.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search