Interesting blog article i ran across :(

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree27Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2013, 05:46 PM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
I'm posting this because i must have been to be naive enough to think people didn't actually think this way, or at least this extreme. ( this not to start a debate or an argument, it's just for a read)

After I read it a second time( the forst time it had me crying... darn hormones) i had to laugh at it....

http://onesleepymom.com/2012/01/13/f...to-breastfeed/

February 14th, 2013, 05:52 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WHAAAATTTTTTT ive really NEVER EVER heard the second argument EVER!!! and that was the main one she used as her argument for not doing it!! does that mean se never let her babies suck on her arm for a few seconds .. or kisses???? I mean COME ON

February 14th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Super Mommy
Oh wow....I'm sorry but that woman is a joke. I wish I hadn't even clicked her link to give her page even more traffic lol
GranolaMamaOf3 and jkgreen like this.
February 14th, 2013, 06:04 PM
yeh.. do you think she wrote it to just cause controversy? or does she really mean it?

February 14th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Super Mommy
Ugh and I just have to add this. Her opinion is that basically anyone who breastfeeds is subjecting their child to some disgusting thing that they will surely be ashamed of later in life. I'm not sure how she was surprised at all the hate she got after offending basically anyone who breastfeeds or has breastfed.
February 14th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by keekopeeko View Post
yeh.. do you think she wrote it to just cause controversy? or does she really mean it?
She says she wrote it just for herself on her own blog and was very surprised about the responses she got....yeah right, I call bs on that one. I think she sadly does believe it and knew it would also piss people off. Now she is getting tons of traffic to her blog which I'm sure she was hoping for.

I just feel bad for maybe some first time moms who were already nervous about breastfeeding now being scared that by breastfeeding they will be considered disgusting and horrible by exposing their child to their germ ridden breasts. Ugh
February 14th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am all for women making an educated choice not to breastfeed, but that article is just so full of nonsense, it makes me want to smack my head on the table.

February 14th, 2013, 06:31 PM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gini_3boys View Post
She says she wrote it just for herself on her own blog and was very surprised about the responses she got....yeah right, I call bs on that one. I think she sadly does believe it and knew it would also piss people off. Now she is getting tons of traffic to her blog which I'm sure she was hoping for.

I just feel bad for maybe some first time moms who were already nervous about breastfeeding now being scared that by breastfeeding they will be considered disgusting and horrible by exposing their child to their germ ridden breasts. Ugh
I hope this article doesn't keep any of our moms from bfing, I hope they make an educated choice, on whether to or not, her reasons were of one that IMO is closed minded and set in her ways. Please urge any of our ftms who plan on bfing to talk to btdt mom who has bf, it may make them more comfortable.
OnesOnTheWay and Gini_3boys like this.

February 14th, 2013, 06:50 PM
That germs one is just killing me... It just laughable!
GranolaMamaOf3 likes this.

February 14th, 2013, 06:52 PM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
The ignorance!!! Tell me lady.. how has the human race survived up until formula was invented if it wasn't for them shoving their "unsanitary" breasts into their infant mouths? Yeah that's right.. cave men & women didn't have "breast pumps!"

It really upsets me how feeding formula is considered completely normal but breastfeeding is not. I hope by the time my daughter is a mum the mentality of society has changed.
February 14th, 2013, 07:08 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She is allowed her opinion. I am tired of the "if you don't breastfeed you are scum and suck at life and motherhood" aspect. I have had 3 failed (hard core fail too, I tried my darn hardest) attempts and according to so many "lactivists" I suck at life. Well...suck... never mind I am not saying I agree with her, but she is voicing her thoughts, just as the other side voices theirs. In general, that stupid mommy war, that I am SO over. Feed your kid, it doesn't matter how and it doesn't make you less of a mother either way.
Kiam likes this.
February 14th, 2013, 07:09 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
Wow. Just wow..her ignorance is astounding. She literally sounds just plain stupid. I don't care if people do or do not breastfeed, but to post something like this & say your child will be disgusted by it later & that it's unsanitary is crazy.
February 14th, 2013, 07:54 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by keekopeeko View Post
She might have somewhat felt those things were true but I bet it was more for shock value.

February 14th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:fearless:. View Post
She is allowed her opinion. I am tired of the "if you don't breastfeed you are scum and suck at life and motherhood" aspect. I have had 3 failed (hard core fail too, I tried my darn hardest) attempts and according to so many "lactivists" I suck at life. Well...suck... never mind I am not saying I agree with her, but she is voicing her thoughts, just as the other side voices theirs. In general, that stupid mommy war, that I am SO over. Feed your kid, it doesn't matter how and it doesn't make you less of a mother either way.
(Note: all 'you's in this post are general, I'm just responding to your train of thought, not you personally.)

Meh, I disagree. I think both bfing moms and formula moms get equal amount of slack for whatever they do. I think moms put too much importance on what people think, which is infuriating. People judge you every single day of your life, whether they think you are too fat/skinny, pretty/ugly, wearing too short of a skirt or ugly shoes. People just place added emphasis to the baby-feeding thing because of the "shame" aspect. Either you are a horrible mother for "molesting" your kid or a horrible mother for not putting your child's health first.

To be frank, no one besides your family really cares about your kid as long as you aren't actively hurting it. All the judgement tied to bfing/ffing is tied up in our own choices.

I failed breastfeeding my oldest son and don't regret feeding him formula. I was in a bad place in my life and absolutely everything was acting against my attempts to breastfeed. I have accepted that it just wasn't in the cards for him to be breastfed. But because I realized that my situation was taking my choice out of my hands, I was more determined to breastfeed my future children. And despite having a buttload of problems in the beginning, I successfully breastfed my daughter for a year.

Basically, the bfing/ffing thing is so overblown and it drives me crazy. As someone who has been on both sides of the fence, I'm pretty sick of the whole debate. It's pointless. And dumb.

"I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy... " -Mean Girls.

February 14th, 2013, 10:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I breastfeed and give formula in a bottle so obviously not against either. The lady who wrote that blog is a nutjob or simply an attention-seeker though.
February 15th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Super Mommy
I'm tired of all these women who are trying to do nothing more than instill mommy guilt into already stressed out women. Maybe they were the mean girls in junior high, or maybe they were the girls that got picked on by the mean girls. It still doesn't give them an excuse to act like vile, horrible, human beings and belittle the personal choices of others. These are probably the same women who only post pictures on Facebook where they look good and/or their "friends" are caught with a mouthful of food and then complain about how thier friends are the ones who are catty and witchy. I pretty much quit caring what these people thought in the sixth grade and encourage all other women to do the same.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
February 15th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Super Mommy
She seems disgusted by the human body, which is a shame.
February 15th, 2013, 06:51 AM
jkgreen's Avatar Awaiting Our First Bundle
Ftm... If I can breast feed... I will. That woman's blog sounds like a failing students debate.. No real facts....

February 15th, 2013, 07:01 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
That woman is a lunatic. It sounds like she asked teenagers if they were breastfed and they wouldn't admit to it, so therefore that makes it wrong? Umm I'm sure many wouldn't want to admit they were born through their mother's vaginas or that their parents had sex to conceive them, but that doesn't make it wrong.

February 15th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by -erin- View Post
That woman is a lunatic. It sounds like she asked teenagers if they were breastfed and they wouldn't admit to it, so therefore that makes it wrong? Umm I'm sure many wouldn't want to admit they were born through their mother's vaginas or that their parents had sex to conceive them, but that doesn't make it wrong.
And I'm sure all teenagers love telling people about when they pooped in their pants or had to be told to quit playing with their "thingies" in public lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search