Fur-Babies

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kiam

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2013, 07:34 AM
jkgreen's Avatar Awaiting Our First Bundle
Who has fur-babies?? And have you noticed a change in them??

I have a 16 month puppy.. I think he will always be a puppy to me. His name at the Humane Society was Dryfus... But we named him Chevy. He is a Boxer Mix.. But with the help of research and my vet.. We have concluded that his father was different than the rest of the litter.. And it was a Basenji. So Chevy is a Boxer/Basenji Mix. He weighs about 40 lbs... He will be perfect for our Bug. He is such a great puppy and submissive too.. Lol!! You have no idea what I put him through. Nothing that hurts him, I promise.

He has become very aware of my belly. He will always like to sit as close as possible to me, with his head almost always touching my belly. He used to just be satisfied being within eyesight of me.. Lol... He actually just stretched out as I'm typing.. I personally can't wait until Bug kicks and Chevy's laying on me.

February 19th, 2013, 10:01 AM
marriedtoamountie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a yellow lab (I think he's 6 now) but he lives outside. He's a wonderful old man, but he doesn't like being in the house at.all. We're outside all the time with him and he has a heated dog house, so it's not like he lives in the snowbank. He's not treating me any different, but he's a little mental this week because my kids are gone. They truly are best friends, and he *hates* when they go anywhere.

February 19th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a 5 year old miniture wiener dog named Ollie - he is dapple in color and has one brown eye and one blue eye. He is my baby always, always, always, always has to be right beside me. My husband gave him to me for my wedding present saving him from an abusive home life. He is my baby. He has actually sent me to the ER because he is so small and gets under my feet every now and again I tripped one time and slammed my face into the kitchen counter and bit through my skin under my bottom lip... had to get stiches inside and out and gave me a wonderful black eye.

DH has a pittbull mutt who is quite honestly the nicest dog in the world. My little wiener dog is the mean one. DH's dog is named Herbie and is about 6-7 years old.

Both dogs are great and let our 3 year old do whatever he wants to them. When they dont want to be played with they just hide. Oh and ollie and Herbie are the best of friends. kinda cute.

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

February 19th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Super Mommy
We have a 13 year-old lab and a 2.5 year old golden retriever. The lab has been somewhat more cuddly lately. We've only had the golden for about 6 months, so he's ALWAYS been velcro-clingy. I think he's afraid he's about to be shipped off to another home (we're his third). He's the one I'm most worried about because from what I can tell, his first home got rid of him because they had a baby. He's also a toy-hoarder and carries a blanket around. We've worked very hard on teaching him the difference between his blanket and everyone else's blankets, but I can see that there are going to be some tug-of-war battles between the dog and the kid. The lab, I'm not too concerned about because, as much as it kills me to say this, I'm not sure he's going to be around for too much longer. He's an old man and has lived a full, exciting life, but is getting frail and moving slowly.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
February 19th, 2013, 11:35 AM
jkgreen's Avatar Awaiting Our First Bundle
Isn't it amazing how we brought them in our home and they've become so much a part of our family that we.. At least I forget that we have them for a little while.

Is there anything that you will do to introduce them to our bundles when they arrive? I've read about keeping the hat and bringing it home so the animals can get used to the scent? Or playing a recording of a baby cring for first time babies in homes.
Is there anything else?

February 19th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My cat knows what's going on. She is pulling that "I hate you" face at me much more often, won't sit on me and has claimed the baby's room as hers, haha.
jkgreen likes this.

February 19th, 2013, 11:59 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we have a 6 y/o yellow lab/husky mix. we got him from a rescue when he was 1. he looks like a lab but has 1 blue eye and the fluffy tail (and undercoat) of a husky. he is the biggest doof. i always joke that he's a dog of very little brain, lol. but it makes him the perfect family dog. he's 90 lbs. DS can climb on him, pull his tail and ears, and try to take a bone out of his mouth - the dog just lets him! when DS was a baby, polo would get up with me every time DS cried. he sat at the door while i nursed and then when back to bed when all was quiet. he's like a big brother! the only downside is his size - he knocked DS over plenty of times when he was little, but that just comes with the territory of having a big dog.

my cat (12 y/o) doesn't like to be social. he hates the dog, so he hangs out in the basement or on the very top of the couch. i'm sure he'll be thrilled (lol) to have another little person in the house.
February 19th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have two cats--only 8 months old. They are used to my 4 year old so I'm sure they will be ok with a new little one around the house. They are still kittens so everything is new and exciting to them. My twin sister had her baby last July so she brings her over and the cats are always careful around the baby.
I don't think they've noticed anything about me--because they still insist on jumping on me lol

February 19th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Mandamail88's Avatar Super Mommy
Love this thread

I have a rescue dog too....her name is Gabby(name provided by the shelter and she just wouldn't respond to anything else..lol) She is a mutt, I would guess mainly shi-tzu

She is somewhere around 6 years old and I've had her for 3.....she is so lovey around me all the time, but especially since becoming pregnant....she always wants to be right on my belly

She is very timid around strangers, her previous owners used her as a breeding dog and didn't pay her any attention really I don't know how people can be so cruel

Adam & Amanda
Our First
July 8, 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search