Moods while pregnant?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2013, 08:59 PM
getnthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you moody?
With my first I dont think I was... besides crying at country music in the morning all the time. This time I feel up and down. Im not having the best experience and Im not enjoying most days being pregnant. I was real sick with ms then the sinus infection influenza b 2x and a lingering cold and new virus. I feel guilty for not being more excited we waited and planed this baby for 4 years. I had a break down and my dh was shocked to hear Im not that excited. We ahve a ton of issues in our life that are impacting this. So I maybe too hard on myself. my doctor has never asked about my mental state and I'm hoping this is normal and I can snap out of it and be excited. I feel bad because of sick children, people who want more but cant, or folks that were not planning a baby at this point. Most people see the beauty in pregnancy soemthing is wrong with me?
I should also mention my 4 yo dd is a strong willed child who cries for hours, was a hard baby and has been sick for the past 2 weeks. So I feel not cut out to parent at this point. I am hoping to get excited and wondered if Im alone?

February 20th, 2013, 09:07 PM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
You aren't alone for being moody - I have had a rough night (yelled at Steve for something he did in a dream I had, then yelled about him letting DD drink soda, then cried because the ATM wouldn't take my money so I could place an online order, then got more upset when I went to my online order and one of my items was sold from my shopping cart, then flipped out because another site wanted to charge me more for shipping than my items) and have been SUPER moody. So, no, you're not alone.

That being said, you may need to ask your dr about this. I think it would be good to do, anyway. I'm not feeling excited like I did with my first but I think that's normal - when you already have one, you're in a different place - but maybe you're going though some sort of hormonal imbalance. Are you usually real happy and perky and stuff?

No matter what, don't beat yourself up. I'm sure you're a good parent and you love your family. At the end of the day, isn't that what matters?

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search