Healthy Mamas

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2013, 08:32 AM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
Okay ladies.. we all know that eating healthy and regular exercise (ask your dr first!) is helpful for a healthy pregnancy. So I thought a thread would be a great way to motivate each other and encourage each other to make healthy choices everyday!
Feel free to post your healthier food choices for the day or what exercise you did (or plan on doing!)
February 27th, 2013, 08:45 AM
So I'll start with yesterday...
The girl scout cookies arrived but I only had 3 I ordered light mayo instead of full fat on my sub, spinach instead of lettuce. I also did 15 minutes of stationary cycling. Can't wait until this little head cold I've got clears up so I can get outside again. I was riding my cruiser bike regularly and walking my daughter to school but trying to rest a bit so I can get better.
February 27th, 2013, 08:57 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I picked a banana for a snack and did some snow shoveling for exercise. I've been bad about making healthy food and exercise choices because I still have nausea
OnesOnTheWay likes this.

Oct '11 June '12
February 27th, 2013, 09:03 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
One of my favorite snacks is hummus and carrot sticks
OnesOnTheWay likes this.

February 27th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Super Mommy
I have a tall, clear 1L water bottle that I carry everywhere and really motivates me to drink lots! If it's there, I'll drink it. If not, I forget about drinking water.

I had DH download all of the seasons of One Tree Hill so I can put them on my iPhone to watch while on the treadmill.

Sometimes I only have one nap a day instead of two.
OnesOnTheWay likes this.
February 27th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have been drinking my yummy green smoothies every morning again. They have a healthy green antioxidant salad mix, spinach, romaine, celery, banana, and a fresh squeezed lemon. Delish! I have also been doing my own version of modified 'pilates/yoga' depending on what muscles I feel like need attention that day. I am trying to tone up my hips and thighs.
OnesOnTheWay likes this.
February 27th, 2013, 10:10 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had yogurt, a banana and whole wheat toast for breakfast and carrots for a snack. I am not allowed to exercise until we see what the ultrasound shows tomorrow but if all goes well I'll be back to doing my prenatal yoga DVD and back to walks with the boys!
OnesOnTheWay likes this.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

February 27th, 2013, 10:40 AM
chessalove's Avatar Love my little family
Well I'm not a perfect eater, but I make sure to have a greek yogurt every day and I have beans almost daily so I stay regular. I also use my juicer 4-6 days a week to juice a fruit and veggie blend. Luckily I can't overindulge on food because I get such bad indigestion and heartburn. I'm working out 4 days a week... mostly just light weights, step or Zumba, elliptical, and I hike 2 miles each weekend. But everything is very low impact - I hardly break a sweat. And I just make sure to drink an insane amount of water daily and get at least 8 hours of sleep each night.
February 27th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Veteran
I've been walking 3 miles every day on the treadmill. Pace is slow though.

Today I ate an egg for breakfast and then egg salad (paleo mayo) on rice bread with lettuce and tomato for lunch. I am planning on roast chicken, salad, broccoli, and rice for dinner.

I have given up sweetened beverages entirely, though I do sometimes have a scoop of frozen yogurt before bed. But that's mostly because I like the way it gets the baby moving.
OnesOnTheWay likes this.
February 27th, 2013, 02:58 PM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
The old saying An apple a day keeps the doc away comes to mind all the time with me.

Craving apples helps too. x
NinjaCakes likes this.

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

February 27th, 2013, 03:21 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by keekopeeko View Post
One of my favorite snacks is hummus and carrot sticks
I'm not sure I want to know what hummus is. The name has a sound to it

I'm munching on apple slices and peanut butter right now. Strange because I haven't touched an apple in two months.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
February 27th, 2013, 07:44 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
I drank a ton of water today, raked a billion leaves & had a healthy salad for dinner.

I've been making a ton of smoothies through my whole pregnancy, it's a easy & yummy way to get in my fruits & veggies.
OnesOnTheWay likes this.
February 27th, 2013, 07:51 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
I'm definitely going to keep checking this thread...I need to take some pointers from all of you.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
February 27th, 2013, 09:39 PM
getnthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I put kale and spinach in my smoothie with strawberries. I also spent 100$ at Whole foods on organic fruits. Way too much stuff. But I will have nothing else to choose from.
OnesOnTheWay likes this.

February 27th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Kisses-4-Baby's Avatar Super Mommy
I wish I could exercise right now but because of my cervix measurement I'm a bit nervous to even go for a walk! I have to check with my doctor at my next appt. As for eating healthily, I need to eat much better than I have been! Too much sugar and fatty foods. I feel horrible for it too. Looking forward to getting into a healthy routine again
Baby #4 Due July 7th!!

February 28th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Veteran
Did another 3 miles on the treadmill this morning. May up my pace next week, but am taking it slow because of the blood clot I had in the first trimester. They say it's gone, but you never know...

Diet wasn't the best today. Went to lunch at a buffet and indulged in dessert (ice cream and a rice krispy treat... my fave!). But I did have a salad. Of course, I also had gravy fries, so that pretty much negates the nutritional benefits of the greens. lol

Eating lighter tonight. Dinner will be a homemade greek salad and a bowl of homemade chicken/veg/rice soup.
February 28th, 2013, 04:49 PM
My cold is kicking my butt so no cyling last night ;( However.. I made myself a small portion at dinner last night to make up for it. I had 3 square meals today and didn't over-do portions and my desert tonight will be a green smoothie!
February 28th, 2013, 05:17 PM
getnthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dont love chicken and my mom is cooking for us tonight. So I may skip dinner and have a big salad instead..
OnesOnTheWay likes this.

February 28th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Veteran
I am so jealous! I have had the stomach flu for about 6 days and have lost 9 lbs. I wish I felt better so I could exercise. However I think I might be able to eat for the first time in days and I want Taco Bell!!
OnesOnTheWay likes this.
February 28th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl95648 View Post
I am so jealous! I have had the stomach flu for about 6 days and have lost 9 lbs. I wish I felt better so I could exercise. However I think I might be able to eat for the first time in days and I want Taco Bell!!
Go get some taco bell!!!! You deserve it!! lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search