I am wearing a diaper right now.

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MamaLemonade
  • 2 Post By MamaLemonade

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2013, 07:46 PM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
Yep.
After giving birth to my daughter 5 years ago it's not uncommon for me to tinkle a little when I sneeze or cough. So every time I have a cold I am basically pissing myself all day long.
I happen to have a small stash of adult depends because of my irregular periods I tend to go 6 months with out a period then all of a sudden I basically hemmorage so a regular pad won't do. I bought them to save my clothes. So yep, pulled one out tonight because I am sneezing and coughing like a mad woman.

I feel so sexy..hope my husband doesn't notice lol
February 28th, 2013, 07:52 PM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
Oh man your not alone. I had to invest in some bc I really can't sneeze cough laugh bend over squat down roll over with out a piddle accident. So I wear one most the day, if I'm sleeping its not so bad so I get away with a pad. I know your pain? I'm tired of changing my pants 3-4 times a day
OnesOnTheWay likes this.
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

February 28th, 2013, 08:12 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
I normally don't have bladder problems but since I've been pregnant I totally can't control my bladder anymore. I full on peed my pants the other day while throwing up! I have to cough or sneeze with my legs crossed & that doesn't always help. :/
February 28th, 2013, 08:34 PM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love your honesty!!! I too have a slight pee problem since DS was born 4 years ago. When not pregnant, it's just when I suddenly sneeze or cough. But it's def worse when pregnant!
February 28th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Well I am glad I am not alone!! lol!!! One of those things no one told me could happen after giving birth!!!
February 28th, 2013, 09:06 PM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
The worst wa the first trimester vomiting episodes, and I agree I wish some one would have told me that my bladder control would never be the same after kiddos.
OnesOnTheWay and tela like this.
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

February 28th, 2013, 09:21 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kegals and squats?? I have had 4 kids and while sometimes that urge hits and I have got to GO right that moment, I don't have a problem enough that I need to wear a diaper. I think if I did, I would mention it to a dr. That extreme is not normal.
March 1st, 2013, 08:20 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:fearless:. View Post
Kegals and squats?? I have had 4 kids and while sometimes that urge hits and I have got to GO right that moment, I don't have a problem enough that I need to wear a diaper. I think if I did, I would mention it to a dr. That extreme is not normal.
No need to be rude! This is a common problem after childbirth. Yes, there are extreme cases when reconstructive surgery is needed (my neighbor had this), but I'm sure myself and the women above are intelligent enough to speak with our doctors. Only we and our doctors can decide if this is normal. Not you! I personally don't have to wear more than a pantyliner, but kegels and exercises do NOTHING to improve my pee issue. This is not a commonly discussed topic due to the tmi factor, but it is a real (and common) problem.
March 1st, 2013, 08:58 AM
Quote:
I think you misread my post. I will tinkle a tiny amount if I am caught off guard (say the size of a quarter) if I cough or sneeze really hard when I am pregnant. Having a baby on my bladder plus hormones makes it way worse than when I am not pregnant.

I hardly call that "extreme"... but I don't have any pads on hand to wear while I am sick & having coughing fits and sneezing fits every two seconds so a depends fit the bill for me.

Glad you don't have any issues with tinkling when you sneeze, yay for you!
March 1st, 2013, 09:34 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
No one said they were full out peeing their pants and unable to stop the flow. It is quite common for pregnant women to have a little pee escape when they sneeze or cough or even laugh hard especially if they have had more than one child. Just because it is not normal for you, doesn't mean it isn't normal.
March 1st, 2013, 09:47 AM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tela View Post
No need to be rude! This is a common problem after childbirth. Yes, there are extreme cases when reconstructive surgery is needed (my neighbor had this), but I'm sure myself and the women above are intelligent enough to speak with our doctors. Only we and our doctors can decide if this is normal. Not you! I personally don't have to wear more than a pantyliner, but kegels and exercises do NOTHING to improve my pee issue. This is not a commonly discussed topic due to the tmi factor, but it is a real (and common) problem.
Excuse me, but I wasn't rude. All of you ladies took this wrong. I am sorry I have a differing opinion that you?! Guess that isn't acceptable here. I never said, I have never wet myself. She said she had a diaper on and wets through out the day, to me that isn't normal and something I would think would need to be mentioned to the dr. Sorry that my "advice" wasn't the same as yours. I didn't say I never had issues, I read it as...she couldn't stop her flow.

Ones on the way (sorry, I don't know your name and my reply form is up, so I can't cheat with a siggy peek), I am very sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean it that way at all and I appreciate you not attacking me back for it.
March 1st, 2013, 10:19 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have friends who have this problem. She just had several children and it tore up her pelvic floor. I think that's what she said at least. It's been awhile since a little slipped out, but I am thankful for pantyliners when it does
And no need to get upset over a little pee.

Oct '11 June '12
March 1st, 2013, 10:37 AM
LeslieRN72's Avatar Veteran
I bought Poise pads in bulk 2 months ago on Amazon. I have a feeling that I will end up getting bladder sling or suspension surgery in the next few years. I know many women who have needed them. Three pregnancies has not been good for continence-especially during allergy season.

Everybody has their own way of doing things and raising their children. No one way is better than the other. The end product will be the same no matter what path you take, and never let anyone make you feel otherwise.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search