Constipation

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By doodoosmom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2013, 07:54 PM
LittleMomma09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Constipation is driving me CRAZY!! Sorry but if I can't go after my first meal of the day, I cramp until the next day until I eat that first meal of the day. I know that it's what the cramping is from because this isn't the first time I have been constipated. It is still very uncomfortable and I can't seem to fix it. I have been constipated every other day now for a week. I am chugging water, juice, and eating apples. I have no idea what else to do.

March 2nd, 2013, 08:42 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Eat a bunch of peaches and pears... They'll help you go!
March 2nd, 2013, 09:01 PM
Veteran
Prunes and prune juice. Works for me every time.
March 3rd, 2013, 02:55 AM
Kisses-4-Baby's Avatar Super Mommy
Me too! I'm usually very regular, every morning after breakfast. But now ill skip days and it gets so uncomfortable!
Baby #4 Due July 7th!!

March 3rd, 2013, 08:34 AM
#5 = the "Newbie"
I am having the same issue, so if I don't go a day, I take a peri-colace. If what is coming out if just hard you can take colace to help soften it or Miralax. If you just can't go then you can take senna which will help stimulate the colon. Peri-colace is a combination of senna and colace.

Barbara 38
Bill 40
Lexi 17
Jeremy 12
Dylan 9
Nathan born April 23, 2012
March 3rd, 2013, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexzmom View Post
I am having the same issue, so if I don't go a day, I take a peri-colace. If what is coming out if just hard you can take colace to help soften it or Miralax. If you just can't go then you can take senna which will help stimulate the colon. Peri-colace is a combination of senna and colace.
I tried Colace when it all started and it took 3days to do anything at all. I think I will try the Peri-colace. The only thing I fear with stuff like that is the cramps it can give. Which the Colace didn't cramp me and right now I am just miserable.

March 4th, 2013, 05:55 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ugh mine has been bad lately too. i've been trying to drink lots of water and be active, but it doesn't seem to be helping.
March 4th, 2013, 09:33 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Thankfully until this point Im still my usaul twice a day but I also eat tons of fresh fruit and seaweed and salad with crispy turkey bacon ..yummyumm....Maybe look further into your diet and adjust it daily.

I hope it gets better for you though cus constipation is a misery. Its sometimes the effects of pregnancy and how it pushes things in all the wrong directions, I would think your OB could also give some advice on something to take if the other things you try fail.
March 4th, 2013, 02:29 PM
I am doing better today. Took 2 Colace yesterday and was finally able to go today. My stomach is still a little achy but I think it's just from being constipated for almost 5days straight. Hopefully I will feel better by tomorrow.

March 4th, 2013, 04:01 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
I'm having a horrible time with this, thanks to zofran I tried just increasing fruits & drinking more water & juice with no luck then about 10 days ago I bought some fiber gummies & was taking 2 of those per day as well..still was having trouble so I increased to 3 per day which is helping. I think I'll add a stool softener too though.
LittleMomma09 likes this.
March 4th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Ashley is in making your lower stomach hurt? I thought after I went today that the pain would go away but it's still there. I don't feel it until I move about but it doesn't feel like round ligament pain.

March 4th, 2013, 11:53 PM
getnthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think that is why Im so miserable this week. I was taking flax but ran out so I guess I cant do that again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search