BTDT Moms - Advice on strollers when you have a NB and a walker?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By OceanGirl
  • 1 Post By .:fearless:.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2013, 05:18 AM
Super Mommy
My son will be a few months shy of 3 when the baby is born. All we have right now is a nice umbrella stroller that won't work for a newborn baby. We have a Corolla, so not a ton of trunk room for a stroller. Do you have any advice for transporting your little ones at this stage? I'm thinking about...

--Babywearing the NB and using the stroller for DS1 when he must be contained. But will I wake DS2 up when transferring him from carseat to sling? Will he re-settle?
--Buying a suitable stroller for a NB and having DS1 walk. But how often will I have to quickly ditch DS2 to chase DS1?
--Buying a stroller that both kids can be strapped into. But will it fit in the trunk? Will one kid have a terrible view? Is it really necessary?

I'm interested in your thoughts and experiences.
March 3rd, 2013, 06:32 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will be babywearing and using a stroller for the bigger kiddo. They stir around a bit when you transfer but mostly go right back to sleep .:. My 2 year old has been worn his entire life and I can take him sleeping from the car; wrap him up, shop, and put him back into the car and he sleeps the entire time

March 3rd, 2013, 06:44 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I'm not sure what I will do. I think if you are comfortable with baby wearing that could be an option for you. I'm not big on baby wearing so I'm thinking I will either get a double stroller or I already have 2 strollers and could use both if someone is with me and if I'm by myself my 3 year old will walk.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
March 3rd, 2013, 07:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I would go with option 1 for the most part. Babywearing is definitely the easiest way to go! For a backup option, what about a sit and stand stroller? Your 3 year old could probably walk most of the time but could use the sit and stand option on long trips or when he gets tired.
getnthere likes this.
March 3rd, 2013, 08:34 AM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I'm gonna babywear the NB and strap Megan in a stroller. She doesn't listen all the time when we are out and about now so I really want to work with her on that. But I think for my sanity we will do option 1 for awhile.

March 3rd, 2013, 08:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It depends on how much you are walking. My son only got tired of walking at Disney World or the mall, and we had one of those double strollers they have at Disney for him to rest in. Since my daughter will still be quite young when DS2 is born, I'll let her have the stroller for a while and babywear. In my experience, babies do tend to settle back down quickly when moving from sleep to wearing.

March 3rd, 2013, 02:54 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For a while I used a single umbrella stroller for DS1 and had DS2 in the ergo. Once DS2 was a little older we mainly used our Baby Jogger City Mini Double. It can be used with a newborn too I just didn't since I was BFing and it was easier to have him in a carrier since we did on demand feeding.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

March 3rd, 2013, 07:51 PM
marriedtoamountie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a BOB dualie. Saved my life with my first two kids, and this time I'll wear NB and put the older two in the stroller or put NB and DS in stroller and DD can walk.

March 3rd, 2013, 08:09 PM
Veteran
I preferred the babywearing and stroller for the big kid. Sometimes the sit and stand if a stroller for both was an absolute necessity.
March 3rd, 2013, 08:15 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! I'm really encouraged by some of your positive experiences with baby-wearing. I wasn't comfortable with it when DS1 was a newborn (I never knew if his neck was too flexed), but I'm eager to try again, regardless of whether I also get a stroller for DS2.
March 3rd, 2013, 08:22 PM
getnthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I plan to wear baby first few months. Then push my dd in regular stroller. I will buy a double if we can have garage access to store it or a big enough trunk. I will probably buy an umbrella stroller for us too we used to have one but have zero storage at the moment so Ill buy gear later as I need it. I hated to clutter up our little place with my first with all the stuff.

March 3rd, 2013, 08:30 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, your 3 year old very well might not fit much longer or even want to "ride" much longer How about a sit and stand stroller, as well as possibly baby wearing? You could wear baby when you wanted (and always have your carrier with you), or have baby in the stroller and your older child could "stand" on the stroller or sit when baby is being worn!
AmiraX4 likes this.
March 3rd, 2013, 10:42 PM
LittleMomma09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I plan to baby wear our newborn at least until she can ride in a stroller. My DD is almost to big for a stroller and only uses it when we go somewhere that would wear her out walking so much.

March 4th, 2013, 05:09 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
My DD turns 3 a month before this baby will be born. She doesn't ride in the stroller a whole lot now, so I don't think I'll need a double. So it will be a combo of babywearing and her riding, or just baby riding and her walking. If we ever do a day long event where they'd both need a stroller, most likely I'd have someone else with me and we could bring two strollers.

March 4th, 2013, 08:27 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I also think that since you like the option of baby wearing it could work for you. then like fearless said you could use the stroller when needed. |I guess it would also depend on how much you are out and the length of walking and things you do out and about.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search