any mommy's with an anterior placenta?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2013, 07:21 AM
momto3brazils's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is my 4th child and aside from my first child this is the only child that I haven't felt move all the time, I can feel her kind of "tumble" or flutter ever so often but when I had my ultrasound last week she was moving all over the place and I couldn't feel a thing, and thats not been the case with my middle son and my 3 year old daughter. Tech said that the padding from the placenta is cushioning the kicks and jabs. was wondering if anyone else is experiancing the same thing?

March 4th, 2013, 07:30 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yep! had this with DS and also with this one. it sucks! i am almost 23 weeks and don't feel consistent movement at all. i feel those tumbles down low as well (sporadically), but no real kicks.
March 4th, 2013, 07:35 AM
#5 = the "Newbie"
I haven't had my 20 week ultrasound, but I am starting to suspect that my placenta must be anterior as well. I can feel movement if I am sitting or laying down sometimes, but that is it. This is baby #5 for me so I definitely know what to look for as far as movement is concerned. My ultrasound was supposed to be this week, but because of a scheduled change at work, I don't go until the 14th now. I guess as long as we are feeling some movement, things are ok.

Barbara 38
Bill 40
Lexi 17
Jeremy 12
Dylan 9
Nathan born April 23, 2012
March 4th, 2013, 07:40 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yup! This is baby number four for me as well and by the time I was 16 weeks I KNEW something was different.. They checked at my 18 week apt and it was anterior.. The movement I do feel feels muted... Like muffled movement.. It's very different than my first 3!!!

March 4th, 2013, 07:58 AM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
Yep #3 for me and I have anterior placenta for the first time as well. I only feel the baby down low or off to the side on occasion. It's sporadic and I can go a day or so with little no feeling of movement. It sucks bc I was feeling my other 2 like crazy between 19-21 weeks.
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

March 4th, 2013, 08:10 AM
momto3brazils's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
bless you ladies Im glad Im not alone I was just like this is soo different than what I experianced before and yet when I saw her on the screen she wouldn't stop moving she is very active and yet... like all of you I can feel just very muted movements.

March 4th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Super Mommy
I have it too. I think the movements I feel are more subtle than this point in my first pregnancy. If this means the stronger movements the last month or two are also cushioned, then I'm happy!
March 4th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Veteran
I was told at my 20 week u/s that I have an anterior placenta, but I find it hard to believe. (This was the head tech at my OB office, she's been there forever, she's very experience, so I'm sure she's right. lol) I felt movements early, feel them every day now, and they're pretty strong. Not SUPER strong, but more than flutters. Usually they are very low though.
March 4th, 2013, 10:39 PM
getnthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel baby only very low and its a bummer!

March 5th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Super Mommy
I'm not feeling him move much either. At my 20 week scan they didn't say anything about an anterior placenta, but want me to come back at 26 weeks to see if the placenta has moved any.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
March 5th, 2013, 06:14 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If they want you to come back to see if its moved than that means your placenta is her low and may be what's called placenta previa... Covering your cervix some or all the way... It usually does move, so don't worry about it

March 5th, 2013, 07:24 AM
ahruska's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes, I had one with DD too. I will feel him a little but for DH to feel him at all has only happened once and it's always super low.

March 5th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Pleione's Avatar Veteran
I have an anterior placenta and experiencing the same thing. I can feel very few movements yet I know she or he is having a ball in there. I'm not too worried. So as long as she's alive and well, I can manage not feeling the precious kicks. I believe around third trimester they will be a lot stronger.

March 5th, 2013, 11:56 AM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
I have an anterior placenta , but i can feel every kick and movement .. At first i a few kicks here and there but i started feeling everything at 20 weeks

March 5th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Kisses-4-Baby's Avatar Super Mommy
I have an anterior placenta this time. I thought this might have been the case as I didn't feel as many movements as early as the other 3. Feeling bub move now though! Still not super regular movements but I'm assuming the placenta is to blame for that.
Baby #4 Due July 7th!!

March 5th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have an anterior placenta this time as well. I have been feeling the baby move more lately then I was. It definitely takes longer with an anterior placenta. Last pregnancy it was 22 weeks or so that I started feeling the baby so this one is definitely been sooner.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search