Nesting like crazy!

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2013, 11:32 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know it's due to our upcoming move. But for the last week or two I have been sorting through all our baby clothes, toys, books, etc. I need to have things somewhat sorted and organized for when the packers get here (March 26th!). I know I will pay for it dearly if I don't. There's no telling if we can get into a house right away when we get there. Even if we do that only gives us 6 weeks until my due date!
So, I suppose I have to do all my nesting now so that I just have to set it up when we get there Plus I want to make sure I am stocked up on lots of warm weather clothes for both girls before we get there!
Anyone else feeling the urge yet?

Oct '11 June '12
March 4th, 2013, 11:49 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a cleaning urge today, went and had my van washed and then I vacuumed the entire thing and car seats, came home cleaned the kitchen, scrubbed the cabinets, sorted through the last 2 boxes of baby clothes to sell or give away (not the gender neutral ones though), cleaned toys and organized the playroom. I'm sure later I'm going to be sorry I didn't lay down when the boys did lol. And I'm also sure I won't get that urge again for a while haha!

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

March 4th, 2013, 12:41 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Definitely! Though I must say yours has more of a purpose than mine. It seems like my closet is my forever project. Sometimes I'll get in there to grab sewing things and end up emptying and resorting all my bags. There's no reason for it, but I do. And then there's my paperwork box.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
March 4th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethsgirl View Post
And I'm also sure I won't get that urge again for a while haha!
yep! I feel good today, so taking advantage of that. Who knows what I will be feeling like the next couple weeks. Not to mention that we are busy on weekends, so that time is out the window.

And ninjacakes, you should see my closet. It seems to be a catch all for the all the crap/miscellaneous stuff we have in our house. I will deal with that stuff after I am finished with the kid/baby stuff. I know I am keeping most of the things in my closet, it's just not organized.

Oct '11 June '12
March 4th, 2013, 02:12 PM
nope, we are having our stuff packed up at the end of March, we will be visiting family for about 3 weeks and then heading to Hawaii at the end of April. I did calculate the weeks wrong, so by the time we get to there we will have around 10 weeks until the due date. Preggo brain!

Oct '11 June '12
March 4th, 2013, 02:56 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I've had the urge to decorate, which I can't do yet, sadly. I WISH my urge was to clean

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

March 4th, 2013, 03:46 PM
HappilyTogether's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm still on bedrest, so no matter how much I want to clean, I cannot.
March 4th, 2013, 04:06 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
I felt like I was nesting on Friday..I cleaned my whole house in 90 minutes..it wasn't super messy but I still got everything done pretty quickly..I was so sore & tired afterwards though!
March 4th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes, but in a completely unproductive way. The other night, I went to sweep off our little front step area and got a bit carried away... I ended up spending about 2 hours on my hands and knees completely cleaning the front step area, two flights of stairs, a landing, and a walkway. Now, this wouldn't really be crazy except for the fact that we live in an apartment community so it's completely unnecessary. I think maybe I was just procrastinating doing the real work that needs done inside my house?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search