Anyone else putting a bed in the nursery?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Sugaree
  • 1 Post By sethsgirl
  • 1 Post By .:fearless:.
  • 1 Post By Hsmom85

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2013, 10:24 AM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
Right now I am shopping for a perfect bed for the nursery. I am thinking either a futon or small day bed!
It will be used for night nursing so I can lay down and be comfortable. Then when the baby is sleeping for longer stretches I will sneak back into my room to snuggle with DH alone.

I can't co-sleep or bedshare in the family bed as I have a sleep disorder and not only that but DH works 7 days a week and we can't afford for him to miss work because he is tired (I stay at home full time). I have never seen the point in both of us being sleep deprived, so this seems like the best solution for our family.

I am sooo excited about it because with DD I was stuck on the couch with her (and it wasn't big enough to comfortably nurse lying down.. so I had to sit up and nurse her at night)...

Seems like I am not alone.. found a link that has some great pictures for bed in the nursery ideas:
A Bed in the Nursery | Apartment Therapy
March 5th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Super Mommy
I'm considering asking DH to switch the loveseat that's currently in the nursery with the one that's in the den. The one in the den is a pullout bed and the one in the nursery matches the couch in the den (totally confused yet?). The only thing that's stopping me is that pull out sofas are HEAVY and DH is recovering from a slight back injury that I don't want reaggrivated.
OnesOnTheWay likes this.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
March 5th, 2013, 10:39 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know with DS2 I was way more sleep deprived than with DS1 since I couldn't nap every time he did and the second I would lay down to nurse him i would fall asleep. I'm not sure how old your DD is though (DS1 was 21 months when DS2 was born). That being said the room that this baby will have is currently DS2's room and has a queen bed that DS2 currently sleeps in and the crib is in there as well. Once DS2 is a little older and baby is over 6 months at least she will move in there and DS2 will be sharing a room with our oldest son. We have 2 twin beds in DS1's room so the queen bed will stay in the baby's room since we have no other place for it.

I'm sure we'll end up co-sleeping like we did with DS2 and if that's the case she probably won't be in her room until around her first birthday.
OnesOnTheWay likes this.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

March 5th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Super Mommy
I never expected to do this with DS1, but we ended up putting an air mattress in the nursery. In fact I slept there so long I think I went through 3 air mattresses. This time DS2 will be in a crib in our room. If sleep is just horrible for DH, perhaps he can sleep on the couch.
March 5th, 2013, 11:35 AM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will admit, I first laughed when I read "bed in the nursery". My thought was...were else am I going to put it?! haha!!
We "room in". Her bed (and Jaxsons is now) will be in our room. Wish me luck that she doesn't wake Jax and I have a vicious sleep cycle going on, lol!
OnesOnTheWay likes this.
March 5th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Super Mommy
I'm not putting a bed in the nursery, but I've already picked out a huge, comfy La-Z-Boy for in there. I wanted something I could sleep in that didn't take up much room, and that I didn't have to worry about making or putting away.
OnesOnTheWay likes this.
March 5th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No chance of a bed fitting in there.

Bassinet I have ordered is on wheels though, so I can wheel it out to the loungeroom where we have a fold out couch if need be.

March 5th, 2013, 05:01 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
We won't be doing a nursery for awhile..We have a huge oversized pantry that we don't use so we've been discussing knocking out a wall or 2 & turning it into a 4th bedroom but that isn't something we're in a huge hurry to do. Baby will be in our room for awhile..probably 6 months or so then we'll reevaluate
March 5th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Veteran
Baby will be in our room until too old for bassinette, and then into nursery. We have always had a bed in the nursery with our kids. We use it for nursing, changing diapers, and "falling asleep" while holding a fussy baby.
March 5th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes but because I want a guest room/ nursery since I'm losing my only spare room.
With Indiana, she slept in my room for the first 6 months or so and then I would just carry her back to the bed to nurse her and back to her crib. Worked for both of us. she could eat in the night and I could continue sleeping! LOL

March 5th, 2013, 10:36 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
We have a double in there

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

March 6th, 2013, 07:38 AM
marriedtoamountie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope. We have a king bed so there will be plenty of room. With my DH's jobs he works insane hours, so if he feels he needs undisturbed sleep he uses the spare room in the basement (two floors of insulation between him and the children

March 6th, 2013, 08:32 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Baby will be with us for the first year or so.. But the "nursery" that my 2 year old is in right now does have a double bed... And it's been wonderful having it there

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search