Nervous...

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By babieseverywhere
  • 1 Post By OceanGirl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2013, 01:45 PM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
Anyone get nervous of the changes baby will bring? I am just realizing how much little things will change. My DD will be 6 when the baby is born and she is very independent. Because she is older I don't need a diaper bag and we can leave the house quickly.. go to the movies and stay out all day doing fun stuff with out having to worry about "nap times"!
Just yesterday we both ran into the quickie mart to get slurpees and I kept thinking "how the heck are we going to do this with a baby!?"

Don't get me wrong, I am super thrilled and excited.. (took 3 1/2 years to concieve my little bean!!) just realizing since the age gap is so big there are going to be some changes coming!!
March 5th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Money is my one niggling nerve. Especially when I am on the second half of my mat leave, which is unpaid.

March 5th, 2013, 02:47 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
I'm nervous about certain things too..having 3 kids can be overwhelming at times so I can't imagine how it'll be with 4! My kids are all out of diapers & out of the baby phase so starting over is a little scary but they're all excited about the baby so I'm sure I'll have lots of help between the 3 of them. The expense right now isn't too scary because we've been buying things slowly & we're doing CD & breastfeeding so until baby is like a year old we probably won't notice a huge change in finances..but as baby gets older I'm kinda dreading the cost of 4 kids!
March 5th, 2013, 02:52 PM
HappilyTogether's Avatar Super Mommy
I am very nervous for a long list of reasons, to the point that I have been dealing with feelings of regret about getting pregnant for about 2 months now. Since we tried for so long, I feel even worse for feeling this way.
March 5th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Veteran
Yep, I'm nervous because this one will only be 19 months younger than #3. DS is such a sweet mama's boy. Where ever I am in the house, he will find me, reach up and grunt to ask for a hug every 10 or 15 minutes, how am I going to give him enough attention and a newborn at the same time???? Getting out of the house is ok now, 6 year old and 3 year old are ok to not hold my hand, but how am I going to deal with a toddler on my hip and a carseat to carry? Guess I'll be using my Ergo, or a double stroller all of the time. Oh well, it will all be temporary, and I'll try to savor every moment even when I am stressed.
OnesOnTheWay likes this.
March 5th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am excited, but also a bit nervous. I think it's completely natural to be a little nervous when faced with a life-changing event. I am mostly worried about the little things like you. Honestly, I'm not too nervous about the baby stage but I am nervous about going through the toddler stage filled with temper tantrums and boundary testing.

My daughter is 5 and she is very mature/independent. I can take her anywhere without a worry, from a fancy restaurant where perfect manners are expected to a foreign country where routine goes out the window. I have come to enjoy the freedom of new experiences with her and I know we won't be able to do all the same things with a baby/toddler in tow. I am also nervous about starting over. Will we be able to do as good of a job this time around and raise another responsible, considerate, and sweet child?

But, there are many more things that I am looking forward to. I am looking forward to giving my daughter a playmate, the cute cuddly baby stage, and all the new 'firsts' that we will have again. I know our journey will be full of challenges but it will also be completely worth it and I can't wait!
OnesOnTheWay likes this.
March 5th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Twin Mama
I am nervous about EVERY FRAKING THING! These are our first, first gand babies, first babies in our families since we were babies, and its twins! I have a nice breakdown & crying session weekly about "how am I gonna do this/IDK what to do".

It got me last week that DH and my alone time will be gone and I'm a bit sad for that, so I want to try and get as much as I can now!

March 6th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not really. But this is our third and there's only two years between my youngest and this baby.
March 7th, 2013, 09:46 AM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanGirl View Post
I am excited, but also a bit nervous. I think it's completely natural to be a little nervous when faced with a life-changing event. I am mostly worried about the little things like you. Honestly, I'm not too nervous about the baby stage but I am nervous about going through the toddler stage filled with temper tantrums and boundary testing.

My daughter is 5 and she is very mature/independent. I can take her anywhere without a worry, from a fancy restaurant where perfect manners are expected to a foreign country where routine goes out the window. I have come to enjoy the freedom of new experiences with her and I know we won't be able to do all the same things with a baby/toddler in tow. I am also nervous about starting over. Will we be able to do as good of a job this time around and raise another responsible, considerate, and sweet child?

But, there are many more things that I am looking forward to. I am looking forward to giving my daughter a playmate, the cute cuddly baby stage, and all the new 'firsts' that we will have again. I know our journey will be full of challenges but it will also be completely worth it and I can't wait!
Sounds like my 5 year old!! I can take her *anywhere* and she always gets compliments on how well behaved she is!
Just last week I invited a mom and dd's classmate out to lunch and the mom was like "You can take your child to a restaurant!? I could never take mine, they don't behave!"..

Didn't realize how lucky I had it!!! Never had a problem with DD in restaurants.. ever!

Hopefully the new little one will follow suit lol!!
March 7th, 2013, 10:28 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OceanGirl. I'm excited and slightly nervous too. DD will be almost 4 when this baby comes, so a few years less age gap. I thought for some reason I've heard the adjustment from 1 to 2 is the hardest? Things will be different and I am hoping to get the hang of it before DH deploys!

Oct '11 June '12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search