Baby NOT sleeping in parent's bedroom?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Breana_Ashlee's Avatar Veteran
We plan on having the baby in her room from the start.... it will work best for me and DH...

[/CENTER]
March 7th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Veteran
I think every situation is unique. Personally the baby will be in my room until I am comfortable enough to move him. My girls slept in my room for the first year because it was big enough and I wanted them there. This house is a little smaller but I want him with me, and if my hubby works nights I let the girls sleep in my bed. I am a weirdo that watches them breathe at night to because I am scared something will happen.
March 7th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just want to clarify that although my baby slept in my room/ in my arms for the first little while as soon as she was big enough to not need me during the night (around 6 months), we transitioned her to a crib and she has slept in her room ever since. Although I love cuddling my baby, and still do--I enjoy my bed to myself and DH!
She only comes in with the occasional nightmare or when she is sick--but I almost always never sleep properly. She is a bed hog! LOL

March 7th, 2013, 11:32 AM
marriedtoamountie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will have baby in our room - even if it's just in a crib in our room. DH's cousin had a baby that died from SIDS a few days before we brought our DD home from the hospital, so we try to hit all the pointers to avoid it.... granted if there hadn't been a family instance so close to our DD's birth, I don't know that I would be AS paranoid about it

March 7th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The baby will be in a bassinette in our room till they get a bit older then they will be into their own room. Just what works for us with me nursing.

March 7th, 2013, 06:20 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
We don't have a spare room yet, and since my boys will be going back to school in August I don't want baby with them & my DD is a horrible sleeper so I don't want baby in there either..so baby will be in our room awhile..plus I'm having a c-section so DH will probably have to get baby out of its bassinet & bring him to me at first & it'll just be easier if baby is near by.

I don't see a problem with putting baby in their own room though. As soon as my boys started sleeping through the night (6 weeks) they went right into their own rooms. DD had colic & was a nightmare at night so she was in our room about 5 months or so.
March 7th, 2013, 07:26 PM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
I've always felt better having my kiddos near me at night when they were little. Ds slept in our room till he was a year old ( the only reason he moved was because dd was on her way) dd slept in my room till she was 18 months old. Then she shared a room with DS. Do what ever works for you and your family. There is no correct answer to this question, whatever is comfortable for you
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search