Have your older kids felt the baby move yet?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2013, 05:46 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
I can't wait for my DD to feel it. This morning we were laying in bed and DH had his hand on my belly feeling movements, but I know my DD won't have the patience to leave her hand there too long yet, so I'll need some more obvious movements for her.

March 7th, 2013, 06:36 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not here either. I still have a layer of fluff that is preventing that

Oct '11 June '12
March 7th, 2013, 06:51 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DS1 isn't patient enough to wait but DS2 surprisingly will sit there and wait. He felt her move for the first time the other day! He had his hand there and all of a sudden right when she kicked he jumped backwards saying "ahh!" he had a weird look on his face and hasn't wanted to touch my belly since lol, he will be 2 the beginning of June.
mjbaby likes this.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

March 7th, 2013, 06:57 AM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
I put DD's hand on my tummy last night but she didn't feel anything. Baby was kicking away though.. I just have to wait for the kicks to get stronger!
March 7th, 2013, 08:08 AM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Yeah my girls kicks aren't strong enough through my fluff for anyone to feel from the outside.

March 7th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Peyton doesn't have the patience yet. You can feel it from the outside but she's just not interested.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
March 7th, 2013, 09:09 AM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
Yesterday I saw a Nurse Practitioner student first at my appt & she was feeling my belly trying to see if she could tell how baby was laying so she could do the Doppler & he kicked her so hard & she felt it. She's the only one who's felt it yet!

My kids are so excited to feel him kick one day but he's usually more active at night when they're asleep so it may be a couple weeks.
March 7th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Krisnina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HAha. I tried to get my husband to keep his hand on my belly, but he doesn't have the patience. Everytime he moves his hand away the baby will kick. It's so frustrating.

March 7th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think the baby's kicking is too light at this point for anyone to feel on the outside.
I enjoy this time because its like my little secret.
It gets a bit weird when I can physically see my stomach moving LOL

March 7th, 2013, 11:33 AM
marriedtoamountie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We can see baby kicking from the outside, and if they had their hand on my stomach they could def feel it, but honestly this baby hangs out pretty deep in there. Not very often does it surface

March 7th, 2013, 11:40 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
It's funny how all babies are different... at this point in pregnancy I wasn't even sure if I had felt my DD move yet, but this baby is SUCH a mover. If she had moved like him, there's no way I could have doubted it. And I have a fluffy tummy, but I usually feel him lower, just above my bikini line. Although he's starting to move up some. At my appt this week the doppler picked up his hb right below my belly button and I can feel him around there too sometimes.

March 7th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
baby moves all the time... I am not sure she even sleeps! I feel her movements all day long they just aren't strong enough yet. DS wouldn't be patient enough to wait for it though.

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

March 7th, 2013, 03:37 PM
jkgreen's Avatar Awaiting Our First Bundle
I'm convinced that my baby is a Mama's Boy. I will tell my hubby where he is kicking so he'll put his hand on my tummy, but as soon as DH touches me.. Bug stops all movement... little stinker! Hopefully soon though, I think he is starting to feel a little left out.

March 7th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Nobody has been patient enough to try yet, although the kicks are definitely strong enough to be felt from the outside. The funny thing is that when I put my hand on my own belly, baby usually stops kicking. It's like the warmth from my hand puts him to sleep or something. The kicks are too low to really feel comfortable having most people stick their hand down there and dh doesn't really seem interested in feeling it. I wish he would get excited about it and at least try to feel the baby though. He really has not been very 'into' my pregnancy this time around, which is weird because he was the opposite the first time around.
March 7th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Veteran
Elder daughter isn't patient enough to keep her hand there long enough. Also, baby is most active after midnight, when my kids are (usually!) asleep. Younger daughter doesn't even realize what's happening.

Hubby has no interest in feeling baby move. He never has in any of my pregnancies. He finds the whole idea of it a little... disturbing. It made me mad the first two, but now I just accept that this is his way.
March 7th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Veteran
Not yet. DH has felt her a few times but I'm going to wait until they are a bit stronger before I try to get my 4 1/2 year old son to try to feel
March 7th, 2013, 09:39 PM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
Not yet, but now that you mention it I am super excited for her to feel her baby brother/sister!

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.
March 8th, 2013, 06:51 AM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
My hubby finally felt him this week .. my 2 boys wouldnt come never my stomach my daughter want to feel him but she doesnt have the paient .. they baby kicks often but from some reason as soon as they put there hand on my stomach he stop kicking ...lol

March 8th, 2013, 07:48 AM
#5 = the "Newbie"
I can hardly feel the baby move, so not yet! They are excited to though!

Barbara 38
Bill 40
Lexi 17
Jeremy 12
Dylan 9
Nathan born April 23, 2012
March 8th, 2013, 08:13 AM
NoahandLola's Mommy
My kids have both felt her move.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search