Baby's Room..

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Kiam
  • 1 Post By bellabri287
  • 1 Post By pearlica
  • 1 Post By jkgreen
  • 2 Post By Sugaree

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2013, 01:53 PM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
For those of you who have a room just for baby... have you picked out colors or themes for their room yet? Do you plan on painting or other decorating?
March 9th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No painting as we are renting, the whole house is cream anyway, so it's nice and neutral, so nothing we pick will clash.

Not really going for a theme or colour scheme, just "stuff we like".
OnesOnTheWay and mjbaby like this.

March 9th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Twin Mama
nothing yet, DH has a lot of stuff to do in the room before we can paint. build down the header and new closet doors, testure some places, new door and molding, new baseboards, crown molding, paint ceiling, doors, baseboards, new molding and lastly paint walls. yikes, and I'm so un-handy I help with none of it I feel awful. I just make sure the poor guy eats and drinks because hes the type to work non-stop. I am hoping by April we can paint the walls and start 'decorating'.
OnesOnTheWay likes this.

March 9th, 2013, 03:23 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We did a Zutano Owls nursery theme. Last time around we were renting and didnt really have the time/money to put a theme together. This time we have just bought a house and I was excited to have a nursery theme. We didnt use all the stuff from this set but picked key pieces we liked.

tela likes this.
March 9th, 2013, 03:28 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
We're doing "boy color" polka dots for the crib sheets and changing table pad. The walls will be a dark brown on the bottom and a blue on the top. No crib bumper, quilt, etc. since we didn't find the need for them with J.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
March 9th, 2013, 03:53 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I'm just buying random seperates that I like, but I've been collecting prints of local artists for several years now to put up in the rooms.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

March 9th, 2013, 04:04 PM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
we live in a 6 bedroom house but we only have 4 rooms on the top floor and cant bring myself to move any of my kids so i have no idea what im going to do ... but i so want the baby to have his own room after a while..... i want the whole room to be blue and sage with a little tan oh and i want all the furniture to be dark wood .. i can imagaine the whole thing in my head but not sure what im going to do yet.

March 9th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been thinking about a whale theme and DH thinks that would be great. He wants 'orca' whales though and I don't see any bedding with that. Might be simple and mix-matched.
It will also be a guest room.

March 9th, 2013, 07:21 PM
ahruska's Avatar Super Mommy
We are doing a safari theme. I have lots of animal decals that are all different colors so I think we'll paint the walls a tan color. Instead of buying a bedding set this time we are just mixing and matching stuff in that theme. Those sets are so pricey and we didn't end up using a lot of it with DD.

March 10th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we are going to paint her walls gray and Lowes also has this shimmer powder you can add to paint for a subtle shimmer. so he walls will hopefully be a shimmery gray and her furniture will all be white with pops of pink through out the room.

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

March 10th, 2013, 11:37 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
Well I'm not sure what his room looks like yet since we'll be moving in the month or two before he comes... so since we're moving I plan to put a big emphasis on DD's "big girl" room. But I'm thinking his room will be some green or blue color and a jungle theme. DD has already picked out a stuffed monkey for him and she loves giraffes, so I think she'd have fun "helping" with that theme, when we get to it.

March 10th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiam View Post
Not really going for a theme or colour scheme, just "stuff we like".
"Stuff we like" is also the theme of our baby's room

I just got this poster and I love it:
Alphabet Menagerie | Just Eleanor

March 11th, 2013, 06:42 AM
jkgreen's Avatar Awaiting Our First Bundle
We have gray walls with white trim.. And white furniture... My glider has gray cushions. We haven't been able to decide on a bedding set.. I still want something neutral, even though we know we are absolutely having a boy.. And he wants absolute boy themes.

At least we have a name.
OnesOnTheWay likes this.

March 11th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Super Mommy
We are going with pirates as a theme. We'll paint one wall brown with darker brown lines to look like the inside of a wooden ship and put porthole vinyl stickers on the wall. The other three walls will be blue with brown railing and a darker blue horizon and one wall will have a mast/sail decoration on it. I think that DH is having a little too much fun with it though. Last week, he brought home a real, live, working cannon....
pearlica and jkgreen like this.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
March 11th, 2013, 10:41 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
baby will get DS' room - it is classic winnie the pooh.
March 11th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tela View Post
baby will get DS' room - it is classic winnie the pooh.
I LOVE classic Winnie the Pooh, but knew if I went with that then I'd end up with a mish-mash of classic and new Pooh. While I love both, I don't think they look right together.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
March 11th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Krisnina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we are going with gray and yellow walls with a tree/bird theme.

March 11th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbaby View Post
"Stuff we like" is also the theme of our baby's room

I just got this poster and I love it:
Alphabet Menagerie | Just Eleanor
That poster is so cute.

There was this shop that had so many lovely posters in it, all through the IVF process I was eyeing them off. Then as soon as I found out I was pregnant it closed down. Go figure.

March 11th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Regular
We're moving to a new home on April 6th so I will start decorating after that, but our theme is going to be Paris/French. So we'll paint one accent wall pink (not sure if we'll do only half the wall or stripes). Furniture will be espresso and the bedding will be classic white and the bed skirt will have lace or tulle. The only thing I've bought so far is a set of three hat boxes with a Paris print and those will go above the closet which has a built in shelf/cut out area above it. I also saw this pink rocking poodle I want to get and some french wall art at Hobby Lobby. Its just so hard not having to wait until we close on the new home to buy anything. I also found these pillows with an Eiffel tower and lady walking a poodle that can be personalized with a name.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search