panic attack at baby store.

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LadyGamer

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2013, 10:27 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I went to babies r us today. Wow, that was overwhelming. I have a crib and stroller and nothing else... I had no clue where to start or what even to think. I ended up after our shopping spree picking up some things here and there. I got some bed sheets, two mattress pads, two swaddlers, a mesh bumper thing. My mom and sister bought me some comfort blankets and receiving blankets. So a bit of a start.

I felt so lost, so I decided to check out some baby needs check lists, and it actually made me feel a lot better. I plan to cross off what I don't want, and highlight what I need, so next time I can go in with a plan. I can't believe how overwhelming that was. Geez!!

It is hard being a FTM
bellabri287 likes this.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

March 10th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Gini_3boys's Avatar Super Mommy
As a btdt mom, I can tell you half the stuff you think you need for baby you won't even end up using. Of course, you will figure that out and with the next baby, buying stuff will be a lot less overwhelming. I love Babies R us but it makes you feel like you need to get one of everything lol

Devin - 06/29/2004 Riley - 03/01/2007 Kyler - 07/20/2010 Tanner - 07/30/2013
March 10th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Twin Mama
Christen that is me every time i have been in BRU so far. My head spins! I look at everything and go um... so... uh... so I think I need that, but do I really, I don't know. Like staring at the wall of baby bottles and nipples. OMG! I want to BF and pump if needed so I need some bottles but that wall freaked me out... not a clue on earth where to start with that. LOL Being a FTM is fun, I can't wait to buy stuff and go why the frak did I buy this. I already feel like I'm doing it wrong!

March 10th, 2013, 02:00 PM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm a BTDT that momthat startig over (i dont have not even one baby item i my house) and i still get overwhelm when i go to babiesrus .. it so much to choose from ad sometime u just dont know where to start. Ive been trying to put a list together so when i finally decided to start shopping i dont lose my mind,,,lol

March 10th, 2013, 02:00 PM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep I remember that feeling with DS! BRU does make you think you need everything. You don't! Ask around from other moms as to what is really needed.
March 10th, 2013, 02:14 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I already know I don't want a lot of the fancy things, and just keep it to the very basics. I printed off a baby checklist and just highlighted what I feel I still need. Made me feel good to only highlight less than a quarter of the page

Now i feel like I'll be a lot more prepared when I go.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

March 10th, 2013, 02:15 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
I'm a BTDT mom starting over too & even though I've had 3 kids it's still overwhelming to me..I don't want to forget anything or buy stuff we don't need. I made a list today & I'm just going to stick with the list..if you buy everything you think looks neat or is cute you'll end up with way too much stuff!
March 10th, 2013, 02:46 PM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm a btdt mom with an almost 2 year old and I still get overwhelmed! What car seat do I want to buy? Crib? Diapers?!

It's okay to by overwhelmed...it append to all of us. Just do your research and take your time!

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.
March 10th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Veteran
A friend of mine recommended buying the book Baby Bargains and it's been *incredibly* helpful for telling us what we need, what we don't, and which brands are good (esp. on a budget). It's only $11 on Amazon. You can get a lot of advice here, of course, but I really like having a source that lists everything in one place.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search