Holly Madison had her baby.

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2013, 11:17 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
She named her daughter Rainbow Aurora!! Oh man. What do you think? What do you think of the trends of strange names?

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

March 10th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Veteran
i wonder how the child will feel when she's older and her name is rainbow :/
March 10th, 2013, 12:42 AM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How drugged up was she when she made that decision?
tela likes this.

March 10th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Veteran
Some "different" names are cute but some are ridiculous,like Apple............Rainbow?
Really??
I mean to each their own but their kids have to go through life with their name......

Kaylee

Tommy
March 10th, 2013, 09:03 AM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
Poor kid!
March 10th, 2013, 09:07 AM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
I know someone named Rainbow. She goes by "Rainy". :/

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.
March 10th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not a fan...

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

March 10th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommamuffin View Post
I know someone named Rainbow. She goes by "Rainy". :/
Ah, I was just trying to think of a way to salvage Rainbow Aurora with a nickname. Maybe Rory??
March 10th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Gini_3boys's Avatar Super Mommy
Maybe if they call her Rain it won't be so bad but Rainbow just sounds ridiculous.

Devin - 06/29/2004 Riley - 03/01/2007 Kyler - 07/20/2010 Tanner - 07/30/2013
March 10th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Twin Mama
just setting her up for a career in a strip club, oy...
tela likes this.

March 10th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
March 10th, 2013, 04:55 PM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
I don't have a problem with it.. I think she named her with good intentions which is a lot better than some names I've heard!
jersey_gray and appletree like this.
March 10th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Haha, I have to laugh because my 5 year old has been asking me for about a year now if we can 'pleeeeeeease' change her name to Rainbow. LOL That being said, I would never actually name my child that. I do love unique names, but imo, there is a fine line between unique and just bizarre. lol
March 10th, 2013, 06:51 PM
I was thinking about this more as I was making dinner lol..

So.. in other cultures... say maybe Native American... say the Sioux name "AMITOLA" means "Rainbow" in English.
I feel people would accept that fine, but if some white chick names their kid rainbow it's all of a sudden "distasteful"..

And really.. rainbows are one of the most beautiful things on earth!

(not being contrary.. just having a moment of deep thought lol!)
March 10th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Because different names have different levels of appropriateness in different cultures.

In a western culture being named 'Rainbow' severely ups one's chances of having one's *** kicked in school, or being the butt of many, many jokes, or not being taken seriously in a professional career.

Says the girl who had the inappropriate name for the time she grew up in, and did get her *** kicked because of it.

Hey, if you were living in a new age commune, away from the bulk of the society you live in, homeschool, make sure she only associates with children named Sunshine, Amythyst and Butterfly, and expect her to make a living selling dream catchers at an outdoor market, then sure, Rainbow will be fine and dandy. However if you expect little Rainbow to attend mainstream school, live in mainstream society, obtain a tertiary education and eventually work, then it's a very misguided choice and she is probably going to come into difficulties based solely on her name.

Last edited by Kiam; March 10th, 2013 at 07:15 PM.
March 10th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Rainbow does have cute nn options such as Rain or Rainy. I would have switched it around to Aurora Rainbow. Anything goes for middle names.
OnesOnTheWay likes this.
March 10th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnesOnTheWay View Post
I was thinking about this more as I was making dinner lol..

So.. in other cultures... say maybe Native American... say the Sioux name "AMITOLA" means "Rainbow" in English.
I feel people would accept that fine, but if some white chick names their kid rainbow it's all of a sudden "distasteful"..

And really.. rainbows are one of the most beautiful things on earth!

(not being contrary.. just having a moment of deep thought lol!)
I went to high school with a lot of Native Americans. One girl was named Morning and her last name was Star.
OnesOnTheWay and jkgreen like this.
March 11th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiam View Post
Because different names have different levels of appropriateness in different cultures.

In a western culture being named 'Rainbow' severely ups one's chances of having one's *** kicked in school, or being the butt of many, many jokes, or not being taken seriously in a professional career.

Says the girl who had the inappropriate name for the time she grew up in, and did get her *** kicked because of it.

Hey, if you were living in a new age commune, away from the bulk of the society you live in, homeschool, make sure she only associates with children named Sunshine, Amythyst and Butterfly, and expect her to make a living selling dream catchers at an outdoor market, then sure, Rainbow will be fine and dandy. However if you expect little Rainbow to attend mainstream school, live in mainstream society, obtain a tertiary education and eventually work, then it's a very misguided choice and she is probably going to come into difficulties based solely on her name.

Well I respectfully disagree..
But then again, I could give a crap about "mainstream society" lol
March 11th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Super Mommy
I like it. It's not neccessarily a name I would have gone with, but I do tend to like countercultural names. I also think that when your mother is Holly Madison that it's not really going to matter what your name is anyway.

As far as being successful, there is a fairly conservative politician in my state whose name is Twinkle. I don't buy into your name being soley responsible for how successful you are or aren't.
OnesOnTheWay likes this.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
March 13th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGamer View Post
She named her daughter Rainbow Aurora!! Oh man. What do you think? What do you think of the trends of strange names?
I think, to each their own really. I am pretty sure that everyone wouldn't agree that each name they hear is to their liking.

My family is a little conservative and likes to stick to the traditional names. I am not particularly a fan of the expected or extremely odd.... but honestly there is nothing more unattractive than women mocking the names of babies. A little sick really.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search