Making my registry and need help !! * mini vent*

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MamaLemonade
  • 1 Post By Jessifer

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2013, 10:17 AM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
As a mom to 2 kids already, I thought I knew what I needed. Well now that I'm sitting down and gettingy registry together ( haha, don't laugh first time doing this & let me tell you I'm not having fun because I'm sooo confused)I have NO clue! My dd is 3 and I'm starting over but this time I'm picking and choosing, where as last time it was all done for me. I feel like a FTM and it's so strange to feel like that again. My MIL is getting one heck of a laugh out of me right now lol... ( I'm on the baby r us website and getting my registry together & all I'm wanting to find is the playtex drop in bottles & can't find them lol and I'm like they have to have them there's no way they don't, it doesn't change that much in 3 years, I'm in tears and my MIL is literally ROFL. My DH is laughing so hard he's crying bc I'm just baffled and in tears bc of these bottles. I said "they have bottles that look like bulbs, Christmas ornaments, space rockets,boobs and heck stainless steel bottles , but they don't have a drop in playtex bottle" so happy I'm everyone's entertainment !)

So here's my ? :

What do you put on a registry?
What is a must?
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

March 10th, 2013, 10:48 AM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
I'm doing the same thing right now, not a registry yet but making a list of must haves so when I go to buy stuff I'm not just picking up what's cute & forgetting what we need.

I feel totally lost too & I have 3 kids On my list so far is: car seat, pack & play, boppy, receiving blankets, wet bag, pail liner, wipes, bottles, socks, sheets for pack & play, baby bath, soap, nursing bras, breast pads, diaper bag, few more cloth diapers.

We're pretty set on clothes already & were not doing a nursery so the things above are just what we need now.
March 10th, 2013, 11:04 AM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Jerks! You don't poke fun at the pregnant lady!

You know I had set myself not to make one, but being broke means accepting help when you need it. I was clueless though so I googled, chose a few different websites that seemed in depth, and condensed their lists. A lot of it was totally unnecessary but there were some things I had never thought of.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
March 10th, 2013, 11:11 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
Here's a link for drop in bottles from BRU: Playtex NEW Premium Nurser Newborn Gift Set with Drop-Ins (Colors/Styles Vary) - Playtex - Babies "R" Us

I still have some stuff from my DD - like crib, pack n play, bath, blankets, etc, and I know people will buy me clothes, so my amazon list has:
- rock n play sleeper
- swing
- car seat
- some bedding/room decoration stuff
- glider (I didnt have one last time and want one)
- nursing pads, lanolin, milk bags
- changing pad and cover
- pacifiers

March 10th, 2013, 11:47 AM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by -erin- View Post
Here's a link for drop in bottles from BRU: Playtex NEW Premium Nurser Newborn Gift Set with Drop-Ins (Colors/Styles Vary) - Playtex - Babies "R" Us

I still have some stuff from my DD - like crib, pack n play, bath, blankets, etc, and I know people will buy me clothes, so my amazon list has:
- rock n play sleeper
- swing
- car seat
- some bedding/room decoration stuff
- glider (I didnt have one last time and want one)
- nursing pads, lanolin, milk bags
- changing pad and cover
- pacifiers
Thank you thank you thank you lol
offthewallfilms likes this.
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

March 10th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Super Mommy
I'm not doing a baby registry. I don't really like the idea of people buying all my stuff at the same store, cause most of the time they can get the items cheaper elsewhere (or they can get something different but equally as nice in another store).

What I did do was draw up a list of things I wanted and gave it to my sister and mother. That way, if people want the gift to be a surprise but want to know what I need, they can ask either one of them.
March 10th, 2013, 12:53 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
This is one of the lists I referred to, though I took a lot of stuff off: Checklist: Baby registry must-haves | BabyCenter I also noted that they don't include petroleum jelly for post-circumcision care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessifer View Post
I don't really like the idea of people buying all my stuff at the same store, cause most of the time they can get the items cheaper elsewhere (or they can get something different but equally as nice in another store).
Wal-mart price matches; that's why I went with them. And as much as I loathe walmart, it's the only store where most of my family lives so it's easiest for them. However there are quite a few things I specifically did not put on the registry because I would never pay such ridiculous prices when I can go to dollar general There's also a website called myregistry.com which allows you to add things from multiple stores websites. But I don't blame you; registries are not a must have.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy

Last edited by NinjaCakes; March 10th, 2013 at 12:58 PM.
March 10th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaCakes View Post
This is one of the lists I referred to, though I took a lot of stuff off: Checklist: Baby registry must-haves | BabyCenter I also noted that they don't include petroleum jelly for post-circumcision care.

Wal-mart price matches; that's why I went with them. And as much as I loathe walmart, it's the only store where most of my family lives so it's easiest for them. However there are quite a few things I specifically did not put on the registry because I would never pay such ridiculous prices when I can go to dollar general There's also a website called myregistry.com which allows you to add things from multiple stores websites. But I don't blame you; registries are not a must have.
My family has already bought tons of stuff at Giant Tiger (it's a chain here in Canada). It's probably cheaper than even Wal-Mart. It's great for stuff like onesies, bibs, towels, sheets, receiving blankets, etc...

Besides, I'm really not picky at all. The only thing I insisted on was buying my own stroller. My family is well-intentioned, but they don't necessarily understand that my husband and I are urban people without a car, and we need a good stroller to get around the city. They think we're crazy for wanting an $800 Peg Perego travel system (I even had someone insisting that it's no different than a Graco stroller - I beg to differ! For starters, there is a 10lb difference between the two!). My husband and I have looked at many strollers and it's basically the only one that suits all of our needs. In the end, if we're getting the rest of our baby stuff dirt cheap and accepting hand-me-downs (i.e. crib & mattress), is it really that bad that we splurge on the one thing that really matters to us?
MeggysMommy likes this.
March 10th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Twin Mama
I totally get you on the stroller thing, we just ordered ours and I KNOW my family would think I'm insane for what we are spending on it but I researched for months and the one I picked will fit best for us. I told my mom that was the biggest item we were making sure to buy on our own.

I dread finding out the sex of our babies for ONE reason, I am going to get SO MUCH PRESSURE FROM EVERYONE to get my registry done. I am so sad to say it but it's true, we the baby didn't cooperate last week I had tons of people upset because now they cant buy/make things for us and I can't finish my registry. Registries are such a blessing and a curse.

March 11th, 2013, 09:54 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we don't need much since we saved everything from DS (4). i have:

diapers
wipes
diaper genie refills
shampoo, body wash, buttpaste
binks
bottle nipples
breastmilk bags, wipes, sterilizing bags
swing (ours broke)
iphone monitor
boppy (i gave ours away)
pack n play sheets
changing pad and covers (ours is nasty)
March 11th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I also have a ton of stuff left over from my first child (almost 5 years old!) and my sister who just had her baby last year.
I don't want much as I remember having TOO much stuff as a FTM.

- stand and sit stroller
- new car seats (depending on whether or not the old ones are expired or not)
- change table/dresser (I gave mine to my sister and I'm not sure if she is giving mine back)
- new bedding for crib
- new bottles & breast pump

That is it!!

March 11th, 2013, 12:57 PM
sweetie77's Avatar Mommy to 3+1
I have some items from DS who is 2

Swing
Pack N play with sheets
nipples for the bottles
Infant to tddler rocker
Stoller and carseat
crib and bedding set ?