Gift to older child from baby?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By sethsgirl
  • 1 Post By Jessifer
  • 2 Post By LeslieRN72

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2013, 05:22 PM
laur2laur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you heard of the baby getting the older sibling a gift when you come home from the hospital? Any ideas of what to get? Have you done this or know of others?
March 10th, 2013, 05:39 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We did it for DS when DS2 was born. DS1 picked out a bear to give to his new brother and since DS1 was very into duplo Legos he got that. I'm sure some people do more of a gift they keep for a long time but DS1 still remembers it almost 2 years later and loved it. This time we'll do the same thing where the boys can pick something out to give to their new sister and then either I will get something before to have there for them or DH will get something before they come to meet her.
yvee80 likes this.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

March 10th, 2013, 06:17 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I think we will probably do something like this for Megan and her sister. That way Moo doesn't feel left out with all things new baby.

March 10th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I were just talking about this the other night. I think we are going to get something for DS when little girl is born just so he doesn't feel left out.

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

March 10th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Super Mommy
My brother is 4 years younger than I and our birthdays are only two days apart (me on the 13th and my bro on the 15th). I already had a sister and I wanted a brother SO badly! I remember my parents telling me that I would be getting a baby brother for my birthday and I was so excited about it (pretty risky, considering they didn't even know the sex!)
Kisses-4-Baby likes this.
March 11th, 2013, 04:24 AM
Kisses-4-Baby's Avatar Super Mommy
I think it's a lovely idea to get the children something small to celebrate the birth of their baby brother/sister. Doesn't have to be an expensive gift, just something small
Baby #4 Due July 7th!!

March 11th, 2013, 09:45 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
what a great idea! i hadn't thought of it, but i would def like to do something like this for DS.
March 11th, 2013, 10:16 AM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
I think it's a good idea. With my godson we gave him gifts at his little sisters shower but not at his birth. He seemed to like that he was around 2 1/2.

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.
March 11th, 2013, 12:44 PM
LeslieRN72's Avatar Veteran
Build-a-Bear has small recorders that can be inserted into the stuffed animal. We took our son to an OB appointment and recorded the fetal doppler heartbeat onto the recorder. We then took our son to Build-a-Bear and let him pick out a stuffed animal. Whenever he squeezes the horse paw he can hear his brother's heartbeat. He thought that was really cool.
tela and Aumelinia like this.

Everybody has their own way of doing things and raising their children. No one way is better than the other. The end product will be the same no matter what path you take, and never let anyone make you feel otherwise.
March 11th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Probably. She did get gifts at her baby cousin's shower (since she was the only cousin/grand baby in the family for 4 years).
It would be nice to pick her up something although the baby is due around her birthday so she might be all gift-ed out by that time or it be her actual birthday!
We'll play it by ear!

March 18th, 2013, 02:00 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
I know I'm late on this thread, but dh and I were just talking about getting dd her own digital camera (kid version) either for her bday in June, or for the birth, so she can take her own pics.

March 20th, 2013, 12:27 PM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We already got DD a toy. One of those things they sit on and hop around on. She's wanted one for awhile, so it will be perfect Don't think it will be coming to the hospital though. Probably just give it to her when we get home.

Oct '11 June '12
March 20th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We are definitely doing this for our daughter but I haven't decided whst yet. It is very important to me. I still remember getting a snow globe when my little brother was born. It doesn't have to be something, big, just something special.
March 20th, 2013, 03:09 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanGirl View Post
We are definitely doing this for our daughter but I haven't decided whst yet. It is very important to me. I still remember getting a snow globe when my little brother was born. It doesn't have to be something, big, just something special.
My mom gave me a book when my youngest sister was born, I should look and see if I still have it and give it to dd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search