We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
here is an email i sent a few friends who were pregnant when jacob was ~1 (so my experience for the 1st year):
- travel system
- graco pack n play with changing table attachment; a couple sheets for the pnp
- baby einstein jumparoo or exersaucer
- bumbo baby sitter with tray
- fisher price booster high chair - saves space and easy to clean!
- baby bjorn baby carrier/wrap
- the first years newborn to toddler tub; hooded towels
- bouncer and swing
- diapers; buttpaste
- diaper genie
- munchkin diaper duty organizer or similar
- bedding set is useless. you only need crib sheets for the 1st year
- vinyl mattress cover
- for clothing, i was told not to get a lot of NB b/c they grow so fast. well, jacob was in NB for 3 months! but it totally depends on the size of the baby. for sleeping - gowns are the best. easy for diaper changes. sleepers are cute and we used them for the day, but those snaps are complicated when it's 3am and the baby is screaming!
- medela pump in style advanced breastpump; lansinoh milk storage bags for freezing - better than medela bags b/c you can freeze flat which saves a ton of space!
- crib, changing table with pad, dresser, rocking chair/glider
- don't go crazy with bottles. you don't know what kind the baby will like. i used the 5 oz born free bottles. jacob took them just fine, so i got a total of 4, and that's all we ever needed. he only got bottles at daycare, so no need for lots of extra bottles taking up counter/cabinet space. bottle brush for cleaning!
- shopping cart cover
- grooming kit and first aid kit; quick thermometer
The one thing I wanted very early on, that I hadn't anticipated, was disposable nursing pads. I had 2 pairs of washable pads, but I was a leaky mess and that didn't meet my needs at all. I'm assuming Tela covered the rest - that's quite a list!
One thing I have been told by many people is that if you live in a house that is susceptible to mould, a humidifier is not going to be of any benefit to baby, it's just going to grow a lot of mould in the room where they sleep.
A first aid kit - or a nose bulb, fingernail clippers, thermometer, and plunger for medication. Diaper cream. Petroleum jelly and gauze if you plan on a circumcision. I wouldn't go crazy on 0-3m socks.