Who is ready to stop working?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Twin Mama
ME!!! I'm over it. I work 8-5 with 1 hr lunch at a desk job so I shouldn't be. But seriously by 3 my body and brain are done. My tummy gets super tight, I'm all uncomfortable from sitting all day, I get really tired and my brain gets foggy. I am also sleeping horrible because my hips suck and that is making waking up to go to work a chore and a half.

I'm just whining cuz I can. I medically hope to not stop work until at the earliest 30 weeks. But I can dream... no work stress would be so lovely!

March 12th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Veteran
I hear ya!
March 12th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Krisnina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so ready to be done.. work just got a huge new project that I am going to have to start then leave in the midst...I'm kind of happy about it.

March 12th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Super Mommy
Yeah, I hear ya! I'm a claims examiner so basically every client I talk to is pissed off and wants a confrontation. I'm just too exhausted for that. I work until 4:30 but I let everything go to voicemail after 3 (to preserve my sanity, of course). I'm hoping I can get away with it for the next few weeks. lol...
March 12th, 2013, 04:11 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I've been ready for maternity leave before I even got pregnant *sigh* I'm just mentally done. Physically, I think I have a month in me before I seriously need to start cutting down hours. Then maybe another month until I'm done all together. We'll see. Financially, I need to work as long as I can.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

March 12th, 2013, 04:43 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Ha,,my job is a 24/7 365 days a year with no holidays, sick days, good behavoir days off not a single second off!!! but heres to dreaming....Im with ya !!!
LadyGamer likes this.
March 12th, 2013, 05:23 PM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
I'm home Monday- Thursday with the kiddos, but I work part one Friday-Sunday & according to my previous pregnancy history and my crazy bp/ and blood sugars I will be enjoying the third trimester completely at home 7 more weeks yay!
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

March 12th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Twin Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiraX2 View Post
Ha,,my job is a 24/7 365 days a year with no holidays, sick days, good behavoir days off not a single second off!!! but heres to dreaming....Im with ya !!!
I know being a Mom is a job itself, one I have yet to get to experience so don't think I don't know that's coming my way soon.

The idiots and angry people I get to deal with are so getting to me, I have no patience that you signed this legal document in black pen when it says ON THE DOCUMENT to sign in blue ink only. Do not be upset with me you have to re-sign and send it to me, you are the dumba$$ sir! But I have to be nice to clients...

March 12th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I knew we would be trying this year so we talked and decided instead of having my own classroom that I would sub teach incase I became pregnant. Thankfully I got pg right away so it wasn't a wasted year. This pregnancy is also a lot more rough than my first so DH told me to only work when I want which is soooooooo nice. I pretty much only take the jobs/classrooms that I really love so I am working like once or twice a week!

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

March 12th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellabri287 View Post
I know being a Mom is a job itself, one I have yet to get to experience so don't think I don't know that's coming my way soon.

The idiots and angry people I get to deal with are so getting to me, I have no patience that you signed this legal document in black pen when it says ON THE DOCUMENT to sign in blue ink only. Do not be upset with me you have to re-sign and send it to me, you are the dumba$$ sir! But I have to be nice to clients...
hahaha... I know exactly what you mean. One time, I asked this guy for his original documents and he e-mailed me a scanned copy. When I contacted him and explained that I can't accept copies, he started arguing that the scanned copy was the original. Dude, you sent it to me electronically! How can you sit there with a straight face and tell me it's an original? Take whatever paper you scanned, put it in an envelope, and send it to me!
bellabri287 likes this.
March 12th, 2013, 06:43 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm working till 38 weeks so I have a ways to go but man am I feeling beat these days. I have the option to work from home occasionally and I took that today because I woke up and could literally not function. I felt exhausted and weak. It's going to be a long 14 weeks to come!
March 12th, 2013, 06:54 PM
ahruska's Avatar Super Mommy
I still have to go back to work! I finally have the puking pretty much under control and it's almost spring break! I'm a substitute teacher though so I make my own schedule which is nice. I do have a 19 month old all day and that in itself is a full time job!

March 12th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would be too bored if I left now.

March 12th, 2013, 07:48 PM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm the oddball. I love working. I'm currently putting in 60 hrs/wk since I'm leading a big project that conveniently wraps up by July. I'm on my feet a lot working in the lab. Luckily by May the experiments will be finished and I can do more desk work. I plan to work until the day I deliver. I do need up remind myself I'm pregnant. I'm sure I'll be tired by 30+ weeks, but for now I feel like myself. Oh, and I have an amazing DH who takes care of our 4 y/o and our house. I am supermom when I'm home, but I do work a lot.
March 12th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish I could work for longer, four weeks is the absolute latest that my work allows. If I am sitting on my butt at home for a month watching the world go by I am not going to be hugely impressed.

I love my job too, but more than that, I love being useful, there is nothing worse to me than contributing nothing.

March 13th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Veteran
I feel exactly the opposite of this -- I'm trying to get as much done now as possible. I'm sure I won't mind a bit of a break from work eventually... but I like feeling productive and I'm most productive when I'm busy at work and busy at home.
tela likes this.
March 13th, 2013, 06:44 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiam View Post
I wish I could work for longer, four weeks is the absolute latest that my work allows. If I am sitting on my butt at home for a month watching the world go by I am not going to be hugely impressed.

I love my job too, but more than that, I love being useful, there is nothing worse to me than contributing nothing.
i was put on bedrest for BP issues with DS. luckily it was less than a week until i had him - i was going crazy!!! my OB ordered that i stop working but i pleaded for just 1 more day. i didn't tell them it would be a 12 hour day - i had lots to wrap up!
March 13th, 2013, 08:27 AM
#5 = the "Newbie"
I am a Registered Nurse and I work full-time. The 12 hour shift on my feet and getting a little harder, but I can usually make it to around 32 weeks. Hoping for the same this time.

Barbara 38
Bill 40
Lexi 17
Jeremy 12
Dylan 9
Nathan born April 23, 2012
March 13th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Me! I wish I could be a sahm so I'm going to enjoy the heck out of my 3 months home full time!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
March 13th, 2013, 07:41 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
I'll be working up til I deliver, just like I did last time. Wish I could quit, but at the same time, my dd would probably drive me nuts right now if I was home with her everyday. 2.5 sucks... when does it end? She was great til a few months ago.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search