Weighty Wednesday

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2013, 06:29 AM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
gained 1lb in the last 2 weeks...am not very hungry during the day and then starving in the evening.

24 weeks along and 17lbs gained
March 13th, 2013, 06:45 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
24 weeks today
net gain 18 lbs - i've passed you, lol
pearlica likes this.
March 13th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Veteran
21 week Gain 14 4 this week
March 13th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Veteran
Weighed myself last night. 23 weeks along and I've gained 20 pounds. Pretty much par for the course for me and pregnancy. I always gain plenty.
March 13th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Super Mommy
23 weeks, 3 days and I've gained 15 so far.

The big bag of ketchup chips I ate yesterday afternoon probably didn't help.
March 13th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Breana_Ashlee's Avatar Veteran
21 weeks 1 day and i've gained 7 pounds as of my last appointment on 2/28

[/CENTER]

Last edited by Breana_Ashlee; March 13th, 2013 at 09:22 AM.
March 13th, 2013, 09:04 AM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm almost 23 weeks and ive gain only 8lbs

March 13th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Veteran
I've been waiting for this post because I've started to get mildly anxious about my weight gain.

22 weeks, 16lbs gained

This has all been since the second trimester, though, and for the past 5 weeks I've been gaining 2-3lbs per week. Is this going to slow down? I'm starting to freak out a bit about the idea that I might end up way over the 25-35lb targets.
March 13th, 2013, 09:17 AM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
21 weeks 2 days (I think?)

2-3 lbs gained total as of last week.
March 13th, 2013, 11:32 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
22 weeks
no gain this week thankfully! (The previous weeks I gained 4-5 lbs in like 2 weeks!)
Total gain 9 lbs

Oct '11 June '12

Last edited by ninja_mommy; March 14th, 2013 at 11:17 AM.
March 13th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Super Mommy
I only weigh myself when I see my midwife because I don't have a scale at home. Last time was on Monday when I was 23 weeks and 5 days, had gained 17lbs.
March 13th, 2013, 05:57 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
21 weeks and I've gained 12 lbs.. Which is 2lbs down from my 14 because I got the stomach bug and lost some weight.. I'm sure ill gain it back soon enough

March 13th, 2013, 06:09 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
21wks 3 days and lost a pound in the last week so now my total weight gain is 4lbs. I'm thinking that I will gain this week when I get back into my normal eating habits again.

March 13th, 2013, 06:19 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
The past couple weeks I've gained a lb or two so I'm at my starting weight now. So net is 0. (I started out overweight and was sick a while though).

March 13th, 2013, 06:34 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tela View Post
24 weeks today
net gain 18 lbs - i've passed you, lol
Bring it on Tela...I've got a box of easter eggs calling my name
March 13th, 2013, 07:32 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
24 weeks today...
6lbs, all this last week lol. Those darn bags of Reese eggs willl get ya EVERY time!
March 14th, 2013, 09:31 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbaby View Post
I've been waiting for this post because I've started to get mildly anxious about my weight gain.

22 weeks, 16lbs gained

This has all been since the second trimester, though, and for the past 5 weeks I've been gaining 2-3lbs per week. Is this going to slow down? I'm starting to freak out a bit about the idea that I might end up way over the 25-35lb targets.
mary, i plotted my weight gain with jacob and this time around (of course, lol). with both, i lost weight and slowly got back up to starting weight by 13 weeks. with jacob, i gained a total of 28 lbs by the end, but 7 of that was the last week from swelling before my induction. So, I was at 1/2-1 lb/week gain with him - pretty steady. this time, woah, i have been gaining like crazy: 2-3 lbs/week from week 13-19, then a brief stay at the same weight, then back to 2-3 lbs/week from week 21-24. i'm honestly scared of how much i will gain. but everyone gains differently. and apparently every pregnancy is different too. i have a friend who ate well and exercised 1 hr/day - still gained 70 lbs!!!
mjbaby likes this.
March 14th, 2013, 10:19 AM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
don't wanna know this week. i can feel i am getting bigger everywhere but my tummy. infact my tummy is starting to look smaller because everything else is getting bigger, grr.
March 14th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by tela View Post
mary, i plotted my weight gain with jacob and this time around (of course, lol). with both, i lost weight and slowly got back up to starting weight by 13 weeks. with jacob, i gained a total of 28 lbs by the end, but 7 of that was the last week from swelling before my induction. So, I was at 1/2-1 lb/week gain with him - pretty steady. this time, woah, i have been gaining like crazy: 2-3 lbs/week from week 13-19, then a brief stay at the same weight, then back to 2-3 lbs/week from week 21-24. i'm honestly scared of how much i will gain. but everyone gains differently. and apparently every pregnancy is different too. i have a friend who ate well and exercised 1 hr/day - still gained 70 lbs!!!
As you may have guessed I am plotting my weight gain (love it! ) and I put these little "guide lines" on the chart based on the recommendations and I have exceeded them, which is why I've started to get anxious about it. It's not my total gain that I'm concerned about, but rather the near constant rate for the past few weeks. I would say I'm eating reasonably (with a few exceptions -- **** you, girl scout cookies!) and I'm walking a couple miles a day, but my weight keeps going up and up and up... It's interesting that it's so different between Jacob and this one for you. It's helpful to see you, pearlica, and others are gaining a bunch, too. I get freaked out every time I see someone gaining in the single digits who is as far along as I am. At least I've started to look pregnant...

Hmm... apparently you're not allowed to swear. The *'s make it seem way worse than what I actually said.
March 14th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbaby View Post
As you may have guessed I am plotting my weight gain (love it! ) and I put these little "guide lines" on the chart based on the recommendations and I have exceeded them, which is why I've started to get anxious about it. It's not my total gain that I'm concerned about, but rather the near constant rate for the past few weeks. I would say I'm eating reasonably (with a few exceptions -- **** you, girl scout cookies!) and I'm walking a couple miles a day, but my weight keeps going up and up and up... It's interesting that it's so different between Jacob and this one for you. It's helpful to see you, pearlica, and others are gaining a bunch, too. I get freaked out every time I see someone gaining in the single digits who is as far along as I am. At least I've started to look pregnant...

Hmm... apparently you're not allowed to swear. The *'s make it seem way worse than what I actually said.
I've checked out some charts and according to my pre-pregnancy weight, my height, how far along I am, and my current weight, the 17lbs I've gained is actually within average range for 24 weeks (although it's apparently on the "heavier" side of the average range).

I was initially concerned about it but everyone at work keeps on commenting about how small I am. That, and all of the weight gain is in the belly and breasts. My thighs, butt, face and arms still look the same size as before. So it seems to me that it's the baby getting fatter... not me!
mjbaby likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search