Venting: Are you kidding me?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2013, 07:21 AM
jkgreen's Avatar Awaiting Our First Bundle
As a first time mom who works in a mall, I get the luxury of people watching (not to mention the people who walk in the salon)... And by watching these people deal with their spouses and children in public, I get the.. Oh, thank you for making me see what a wonderful wife I am, and what a great mother I will be.

I was in a great mood until these two women walked in for color ... with a 5 month old. I was waiting for my client so I had neither of these women. While I was doing computer work, one of the girls looked me up and down.. Settled on my bump and looked at me and said, "Oh great! You're an extra.. You can help us and watch the baby" then, she smiled and added "you know.. For like practice.." Seriously??? For the first 10 minutes the baby was sleeping... The she started to fuss.. I was still busy doing computer work, and I happened to glance up and looked in the mirror and there that darn girl was looking at me.. With raised eyebrows with the "well..." Face expression. Oh no... You guys, I'm sorry but the only thing that kept going through my mind was your baby is not my problem. You should have thought about this before you thought she would sit tight for a good 2 hours?!

These girls kept feeding the baby... Trying to get her to sleep. Because you know that solves everything.

Turns out these people were even more stupid than I originally thought. They just came from the doctors office, because the baby was sick!! That baby was coughing so much and so hard, her face was turning bright red, and eventually spit up all of the darn milk.

Maybe I'm wrong.. And I will be a terrible mother, but in my opinion the only place my baby will be after a doctor visit (when my baby is sick) is at home. ... Not a store, not a salon, not my friends house so I can visit.. Home!

March 13th, 2013, 08:17 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
WOW....sorry for you and the poor baby. to bad you didnt have the right to refuse service ....just careless.
March 13th, 2013, 09:01 AM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
wow .. that is crazy ... you right the only place that baby should have went was home ... poor baby! ... hope your day gets better.

March 13th, 2013, 10:11 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's obnoxious and bad parenting choices!

March 13th, 2013, 11:31 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yikes all around to that!

Oct '11 June '12
March 13th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Veteran
oh my sainted aunt!!!!!
March 13th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Now that's just silly, you can always get your hair done another time, and frankly I find the whole dumping your child on someone else (especially when they are trying to do their job) and calling it 'practice' rude.

March 13th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That baby should have gone home, not been taken to the salon. Idiots.
March 13th, 2013, 03:03 PM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
Isn't it bad for the baby to be around a bunch of smelly dye chemicals (although I don't know what types of color you use there) in addition? I'd never bring my sick child to a hair salon, and it absolutely drives me BONKERS when people just keep forcing a baby the bottle to try to get him/her to sleep. Babies just don't sleep all the time!

Good thing you kept a level head...I might have mouthed off

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.
March 13th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Super Mommy
I used to work in a library when I was about 15 years old and since it was in a very small town, I was always alone on the weekends. Every Saturday afternoon, this woman would drop off her two kids (about 3 and 5 years old) and say "I'll be back in a few minutes". Sometimes she'd be gone for 2 hours. Her kids were well behaved so it wasn't too bad, but they'd play with the books and toys and make a mess out of the whole child literature section. And when she would come back, instead of telling her kids to put away their toys, she'd just leave everything as is!

My mother finally got wind of it and she was so upset! She called up the woman and told her that next time she drops off her kids at the library like that, she could expect me to charge her $10/hr in babysitting fees.

Needless to say, she never dropped off her kids again! lol
Leanne Marie likes this.
March 13th, 2013, 04:45 PM
We get that all the time, worst is when we don't know about it and we get a crying toddler wander up who wants their Mum, and Mum is down the road at the supermarket.

Also, seeing as we have no toys, our library is pretty dull if there is no one to read to you.

March 13th, 2013, 07:38 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ignorant. That is all I have to say.
March 13th, 2013, 08:23 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
WOW! That... yeah... I just don't have any words other than WOW!
March 14th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Veteran
WOW, people are crazy!
March 14th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Some people seriously amaze me! I think what gets me the most is them trying to pawn the sick baby off on you! I may have laughed in their face.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
March 14th, 2013, 05:33 PM
jkgreen's Avatar Awaiting Our First Bundle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea131 View Post
Some people seriously amaze me! I think what gets me the most is them trying to pawn the sick baby off on you! I may have laughed in their face.
LOL I might have said something along the lines of "I would love to babysit.. but I kinda have a job to do."

Thanks for understanding.. I really get to thinking that I am over-reacting... but this.. I know I wasn't!

March 15th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiam View Post
We get that all the time, worst is when we don't know about it and we get a crying toddler wander up who wants their Mum, and Mum is down the road at the supermarket.

Also, seeing as we have no toys, our library is pretty dull if there is no one to read to you.
Depending on how feisty I'm feeling that day, something like this is likely to result in a call to the police or cps for an abandoned child...

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
March 15th, 2013, 12:17 PM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
This is why I hardly ever got my hair done with my daughter was little!!! I can't expect an infant to have it's needs met while I am in a chair for 2 hours!! And can't believe they'd take the poor baby to the salon while he/she was sick
March 15th, 2013, 01:54 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Oh wow, that's horrible! What the were they thinking?! That baby should have been at home! Not just for her own health, but for others; if she was contagious who knows how many germs she spread for other children to pick up.

Regardless, your baby didn't ask to be born. YOU did that. So YOU take care of her! I hate people who treat their kids like an inconvenience.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
March 15th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugaree View Post
Depending on how feisty I'm feeling that day, something like this is likely to result in a call to the police or cps for an abandoned child...
I wish. My branch manager is a bleeding heart though, she wouldn't do that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search