"Above and beyond the call of duty" gift for hubby?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree22Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2013, 10:50 AM
LeslieRN72's Avatar Veteran
We as pregnant women get spoiled. We get gifts. What do our husbands get?

I can tell you what he has/has not been getting the last several months while I have been feeling absolutely worse than I ever did in my previous two pregnancies:

1. Practically non-existent sex life.
2. Being woken up all night long while I'm in and out of bed.
3. Cleaning? What's that?
4. Cooking for my family? Not me, he does it now.
5. He never knows what mood I'll be in from moment to moment (neither do I).
6. A previously social wife that has no desire to socialize (I don't even like being around myself, I prefer not to subject others to me).

Throughout all of this he has never complained. He has only supported me and done everything possible to make me comfortable. I know he's miserable, but he never says a thing.

I am thinking he deserves the male equivalent of a "push gift". Perhaps an "above and beyond the call of duty" gift.

Any thoughts or ideas?
OnesOnTheWay and jersey_gray like this.

Everybody has their own way of doing things and raising their children. No one way is better than the other. The end product will be the same no matter what path you take, and never let anyone make you feel otherwise.
March 13th, 2013, 11:12 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
if hes a motorcycle guy, a harley!
if hes a drill boy, top of line power tools and organizer!
if hes into golfing like my dad then a club membership and new clubs!
March 13th, 2013, 11:32 AM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
Mu husband needs one of these too ... cause hes so been going out his way lately

March 13th, 2013, 12:07 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No idea.. My list of things he does for me are a bit different., but still.. Above and beyond! He's amazing.. ... I'd love to be able to get him a 4xdrive bronco or big truck.. He's always looking at them.. But I don't work., soooo ... So for now I guess he just has to settle for verbal appreciation and small things.. Like heating up his cup of coffee after dinner.. Etc..

March 13th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH had been talking about getting a 4 door pick-up for some time now. So this Monday I caved and told him to go get it... his face has been priceless all week. Although I think I may get him a new watch as well he kind of collects them and has recieved one for all our big/special moments... wedding, birth of our first... it seems only fitting that he get one for this little ones birth.
jkgreen likes this.

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

March 13th, 2013, 05:26 PM
AIK112018's Avatar Elizabeth
Lurking - this was my old ddc before my loss.

I just wanted to say the title of this post made me think of "Call Of Duty" the PS3 game my DH is obsessed with
And this is actually a great gift idea since they come out with a new one like every year...

So thank you! lol
March 13th, 2013, 06:53 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My husband is beyond amazing. He works 3rd, so when I am trying to sleep and my 10 month old isn't...I get bitter at him. He will come home after working 12 hours and take Jaxson and let me sleep...till 9, 10...even 11! Then he has to turn around and get back up anywhere between 1-3. He does his own laundry, never complains if the house isn't clean. Slept today from 8-11, so I could go shopping alone without the baby. He rubs my feet, my back...literally anything I want, need, desire..he is there. He knows when to step away, when to get closer and just how to say and do it. OK, I am crying typing this haha

Anyhow, his gift? Me. Our marriage. Our love. Our family. I make sure he knows ALL the time how much I love, adore and appreciate him. I am not a materialistic person, nor is he. Not that gifts aren't a bad idea, but it just isn't me I did just buy him 2 shirts last week though
jkgreen likes this.
March 13th, 2013, 09:17 PM
marriedtoamountie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would love to get him a little something as a thank you, but I have no clue what. We never really do gifts for eachother, always just a meal out at a different place that is kind of funky/suits us and our odd eating habits. We're renovating our house right now, so I was thinking of hiring someone to do one of the big jobs? I dunno though....

March 14th, 2013, 09:37 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH already bought his - a 64 VW split window bus. he buys a VW for himself at every huge life event (wedding, babies ...)
March 14th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
A truck as the equivalent of a "push present"!?!?!? Wow your husbands have some lucky wives!! LOL!!! We are big present people so I don't really have any good ideas!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
March 14th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea131 View Post
A truck as the equivalent of a "push present"!?!?!? Wow your husbands have some lucky wives!! LOL!!! We are big present people so I don't really have any good ideas!
It's not really a present.... Kind of something we needed before the baby came. You can bet though that I will hold it over his head like a gift...
Shea131 and jkgreen like this.

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

March 14th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Krisnina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought my husband an ipad2 for valentines day. We barely buy gifts for each other but I felt he really deserved a nice present for all he has put up with.

March 14th, 2013, 03:12 PM
After 10 years of marriage we each buy what we need when we need it. But we both get excited if we know we can surprise each other with something out of the blue. When the opportunity presents itself to buy something we're assured the other person wants and needs, we both tend to seize upon it.

Everybody has their own way of doing things and raising their children. No one way is better than the other. The end product will be the same no matter what path you take, and never let anyone make you feel otherwise.
March 14th, 2013, 04:22 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
My hubby has been spoiled lately, our anniversary & Valentine's day were last month & he got a TV & a New welder then he needed a new part for his motorcycle which wasn't cheap, I wanted to give him a chance to be spoiled because I've had morning sickness this whole pregnancy & he's done a lot to help out on top of working full time with college classes at night.

I definitely think I'll get him a card to give him in the hospital to tell him how much I appreciate him.
March 14th, 2013, 05:17 PM
jkgreen's Avatar Awaiting Our First Bundle
My husband and I give each other gifts for various special occasions in our life. If he really thinks about it, he would know that he is getting a watch for when Bug is born. But he doesn't think about any of that because it isn't a huge deal to us, just something we've always really done. I am looking into a unique watch..(It'll be hard to top his wedding present from me) and having it engraved.

He has always been thinking of me.. For my birthday, he surprised me with a prenatal massage. The sweetest thing is he had to ask around for the best place. My husband is an auto technician at a dealership, so he had to ask his males coworkers as to which spa is the best around. He made me cry.
LeslieRN72 likes this.

March 15th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkgreen View Post
My husband and I give each other gifts for various special occasions in our life. If he really thinks about it, he would know that he is getting a watch for when Bug is born. But he doesn't think about any of that because it isn't a huge deal to us, just something we've always really done. I am looking into a unique watch..(It'll be hard to top his wedding present from me) and having it engraved.
I can give a strong recommendation for the Omega Seamaster. Yes they are pricey, but worth every last cent.

I tend to be very hard on jewelry. I also wear a watch every day of my life. I had an ex-fiancee buy me my Omega Seamaster 18 years ago. It has been banged around and abused like crazy. The only thing that I've had to do is replace the battery. I bought my husband an automatic movement Omega Seamaster for a wedding present. He loves his. We'll never have to buy another watch in our lifetime.
jkgreen likes this.

March 15th, 2013, 01:31 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
These men need to run a baby daddy boot camp. BF will be their first student.

Honestly, BF is a gamer so the only thing I would venture towards is a game. My dad collects swords and knives; that's what we usually do for him.
LeslieRN72 likes this.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
March 15th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIK112018 View Post
Lurking - this was my old ddc before my loss.

I just wanted to say the title of this post made me think of "Call Of Duty" the PS3 game my DH is obsessed with
And this is actually a great gift idea since they come out with a new one like every year...

So thank you! lol

I know. After I posted it and read it back I realized the same thing! My husband is an X-Box guy and plays MW Call of Duty as well. I was going to get him the MW3 for Christmas. He told me not to because he would never get anything done if he had the new one. So I got him nothing instead.
jkgreen and NinjaCakes like this.

March 15th, 2013, 02:02 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
The new Gears is coming out soon, and Army of Two, the Walking Dead, and BioShock. It seems like I remember new Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six games are coming out later this year, too.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
March 15th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
At the rate we are going, there will be no above the call of duty present for dh. He has not cut me any slack while pregnant, yells at me if the house isn't clean by the time he gets home, ignores any of my physical complaints, and still expects back rubs every night. He also just told me I need to start working out more because I'm gaining too much weight in my thighs and butt and that I don't need to be gaining weight in those places. I feel awesome about myself right now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search