Put together the stroller tonight!

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By bellabri287
  • 1 Post By bellabri287
  • 1 Post By bellabri287
  • 1 Post By .:fearless:.
  • 2 Post By KMH

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Twin Mama
I am so jazzed. We got out stroller delivered today and put it together, such a breeze! I love it so much, it has given me a little umph of excitement for my little bubbs. DH said he can't wait till those seats are filled. Now we continue to wait till the 22nd for the next u/s... give it up munchkins!
MeggysMommy likes this.

March 13th, 2013, 08:50 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
What kind did you end up getting again? You should share a pic!

March 13th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Twin Mama
We got the Baby Jogger City Select with 2nd seat. It's awesome, so manuverable, I love it!

[
MeggysMommy likes this.

March 16th, 2013, 10:25 AM
redheadcurls's Avatar Veteran
yay!! that's the one we're getting! so glad you like it! and i can't wait to find out the genders of your little ones!!!!

(also, do you mind telling me where you ended up buying the stroller from? just wondering if you were able to find a good deal)

March 16th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sooooo cute!

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

March 16th, 2013, 11:45 AM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
I was going to ask if i can see a pic too .. I really like it,
I ended up with a jogger stroller too cause I like how easy it moves .. can car seats attach to it? ... My twins had the eddie bauer double travel system, I loved that the car seat fit right in it but it was super bulky big and hard to maneuver.

March 16th, 2013, 03:28 PM
getnthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love it!

March 16th, 2013, 06:13 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY!! I don't have twins, but with them being so close in age...I will be getting a double! Many friends of mine have the new graco double and love it!
March 16th, 2013, 06:39 PM
yes, the city select can accommodate a few different models of infant car seats--you just have to buy the adapter. we're getting the maxi cosi mico car seats, which work really well with this stroller.

March 17th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Twin Mama
Thanks, we will find out by the end of this week I have a DR appt and a back up appt for a gender u/s at a local place. I still love this thing and I'm not even using it yet! We got 2 carseat adapters so we will be able to snap in the ones we choose, I think Graco snugride 30's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadcurls View Post
(also, do you mind telling me where you ended up buying the stroller from? just wondering if you were able to find a good deal)
We got it on amazon.com as a bundle w/second seat, it was cheaper by like $12 to do that than buy them separately and free shipping. not a super crazy 'deal' but I'm happy with it, they care really quick. The adapters were from another company and they aren't here yet.
redheadcurls likes this.

March 17th, 2013, 05:47 PM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
I saw someone at the park the other day with that stroller & I really like it. Hmmm.. I keep changing my mind on what I want now LOL
March 17th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadcurls View Post
yes, the city select can accommodate a few different models of infant car seats--you just have to buy the adapter. we're getting the maxi cosi mico car seats, which work really well with this stroller.
Not to be all up in your "business", lol, but those seats don't fit small babies well. And well, with twins...you can probably anticipate small'er" babies. The weight on them doesn't even start until 5lbs and usually 4lbs is the weight (if all else is well) they are released at. Just a thought Even the lowest harness height is half an inch more than other seats that are designed for small"er" babies. That means, the harness could very well not fit them correctly, and be above their itty bitty shoulders instead of at or below. Sorry if I stepped on toes, but I did want to just throw this bit of info out since there is SO many choices
March 18th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:fearless:. View Post
Not to be all up in your "business", lol, but those seats don't fit small babies well. And well, with twins...you can probably anticipate small'er" babies. The weight on them doesn't even start until 5lbs and usually 4lbs is the weight (if all else is well) they are released at. Just a thought Even the lowest harness height is half an inch more than other seats that are designed for small"er" babies. That means, the harness could very well not fit them correctly, and be above their itty bitty shoulders instead of at or below. Sorry if I stepped on toes, but I did want to just throw this bit of info out since there is SO many choices
thanks for letting me know! i'll definitely look into this. for some reason i was under the impression they were BETTER for smaller babies (i read a lot of reviews saying that babies grow out of them much sooner than other infant car seats).

the good news is we're planning a home birth, so if all goes as planned they possibly won't even be using their car seats until several weeks after birth. also, our babies are growing at an astounding rate--they are in the 93rd percentile in size (not compared to other twins, compared to singleton babies!), so i'm pretty confident that they'll make it to term and be at LEAST 6 lbs each! gosh, if they keep growing at this rate does it mean they'll be 8 or 9 lbs each?!

we obviously won't be able to have a home birth if i go into labor before 37 weeks and/or if they're measuring small.......so, we'll see what happens, but so far so good!

March 18th, 2013, 08:26 PM
You're welcome Feel free to PM me if you have any questions! And we are doing a home birth too! Exciting!
redheadcurls likes this.
March 19th, 2013, 10:37 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
*lurking*

I love that stroller! I get most of my baby gear at Albeebaby.com. They have free shipping and most of the time their prices are better than Amazon

Our twins were 6lbs2oz and 5lbs5oz when they came home, and the Graco Snugride 30s fit them perfectly...just throwing that out there since you were mentioning seats for twins!
bellabri287 and redheadcurls like this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 19th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Twin Mama
thank you for the website and info on the twin weights!

BTW, AWEs on that pic of yours. Rosy cheeks!

March 19th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Graco and chicco fit small babies well Even at 5/6lbs, sometimes the heights can be an issue making sure the harness is at or below their shoulders. They also have a lot of growing room (the graco 30/35 version) and come with a cheaper price tag. They have been the 2 that I have always used. User friendly and super easy to install

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search