a little bit of whining....carrying twins is hard work

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes
  • 1 Post By Shea131
  • 1 Post By OnesOnTheWay
  • 2 Post By mjbaby
  • 1 Post By bklynfinest77
  • 1 Post By doodoosmom
  • 1 Post By ahruska
  • 1 Post By ninja_mommy
  • 1 Post By Easton's Mommy
  • 1 Post By sethsgirl
  • 1 Post By Aramsamsam
  • 1 Post By c'est_la_vie
  • 1 Post By Jessifer
  • 1 Post By mommytomattea
  • 1 Post By bellabri287
  • 1 Post By mommamuffin
  • 1 Post By getnthere
  • 1 Post By AmiraX4
  • 1 Post By NinjaCakes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2013, 09:14 AM
redheadcurls's Avatar Veteran
first, let me start by saying that i'm a very positive person. i don't tend to complain or dwell on negativity. in fact, i don't typically tolerate any negativity in my life, including my own thoughts. i'm a huge believer that your thoughts manifest into your reality. so, i'm really grateful that things are going pretty well for me throughout this pregnancy. the babies are growing like champs and i'm not working, so for the most part i'm able to relax and not stress.

but..........i'm feeling a little whiny today. i'm 24 weeks along with twins, but i'm measuring 34 weeks!!! so, basically, even though i'm 6 months pregnant i'm as big as an almost 9 month singleton pregnancy. that means that it's already pretty difficult for my body to handle all this baby weight. i've gained at least 24 lbs so far (i haven't weighed myself in the last week, so it's probably more than that). it also scares me to think what it will be like when i actually am 34 weeks.

i've got severe rib pain--one of my ribs keeps popping out of place because my rib cage is so narrow and there's two babies in there--so i've been seeing a chiropractor for that. as well as pelvic pain (same thing, one of my pelvic bones keeps getting knocked out of place). typical pregnancy back pain, and now even some knee pain from carrying around my heavy belly. i'm trying to stay active (cleaning the house, grocery shopping, etc), but it's sometimes hard to move around a lot and i do pay for it when i overdo it.

ALSO....i'm pretty anemic. the babies are basically little leeches right now, so my last bloodwork results came back showing my iron level at 10.0. my midwife says that if it drops any lower i will not be able to have a home birth. since i've already been eating tons of iron-rich foods and taking an iron supplement (floradix) my midwife recommended that i double the iron supplement, eat as much LIVER as possible and add chlorophyll and other supplements to help boost my red blood cell making abilities. so, i'm doing everything i can at this point to get these levels up, but it's definitely a battle!

i feel hungry all the time. constantly. i eat and still feel hungry. as if i didn't eat at all. i'm consuming over 120 grams of protein a day, so it's not that i'm not eating enough. but, i can't eat tooo much at once because there's no room for my stomach left in there, so i end up feeling so miserable--like my belly/skin is going to rip open--if i do eat too much.

AND to top it all off, my spouse is in kuwait for 15 days for work, so i'm all alone taking care of our three-story townhome, our FOUR dogs (2 great danes, a german shepherd mix & a pit bull mix) and two cats.

ok, i'm done whining. thank you for listening! i can do this. i really can. i'm doing great. i just hope the rest of this pregnancy zooms by!

March 14th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Feel free to whine/vent/complain here anytime! Pregnancy is definitely challenging but our bodies were built to do this job. I'm sorry your iron levels have been so low and hopefully doubling your supplement will help. It sounds like you're doing everything you can to get the levels up. Also, I know you said you were trying to stay active but at the same time try not to over do it! Your body needs lots of rest so take a nap or two during the day plus a full nights sleep! Hang in there momma, you're doing great!

P.s. - we need an updated belly pic from you!
redheadcurls likes this.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
March 14th, 2013, 09:24 AM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
I can't imagine how hard it would be to carry TWINS!!! But it sounds like you are doing an amazing job and are already a wonderful mummy to your babies <3
redheadcurls likes this.
March 14th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Veteran
Oh honey, I think you've earned the right for some whining! You're whining for three, after all

It sounds like you're HUGE and it makes sense that it would really take a toll on your body. And the eating part is so hard. I'm impressed you're able to eat that much protein in a day. It sounds like you're doing everything right, but that doesn't mean you feel good or that it's easy.

Are there things you can do that involve getting out of the house and meeting other pregnant women (or friends)? I find that when I'm at home the whole day that makes me extra grumpy.

Hang in there! At the end of this you're going to have beautiful two babies!! In the meantime, feel free to vent. I think we all understand.
LadyGamer and redheadcurls like this.
March 14th, 2013, 09:40 AM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
i'm carrying one and i feel as miserable as you do .. So believe me we feel your pain. I was in your postion 8 years ago as well and it was no fun at all but i always thought of the prize at the end of the rainbow to percious little babies .. You are doing great !!!and im sure when dh get make you feel a little better. Hugs!!!!
redheadcurls likes this.

March 14th, 2013, 09:42 AM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
You definitely have every right to whine, I don't blame you!

My 1st baby was 10 lbs & he did a number on my ribs, pelvis & tailbone, I really can't imagine measuring 10 weeks ahead with twins!
redheadcurls likes this.
March 14th, 2013, 10:38 AM
ahruska's Avatar Super Mommy
Hugs! I can't imagine carrying 2 babies. You're entitled to complain b/c 1 baby is hard enough. I hope you start to slow down a little and try to rest.
redheadcurls likes this.

March 14th, 2013, 11:09 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
whine away. I've know a few close women who carried twins. No fun. I hope the rest of the pregnancy can be tolerable. And hey, any new belly pics?
redheadcurls likes this.

Oct '11 June '12
March 14th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You for sure have the right to whine whenever you want!!!
redheadcurls likes this.

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

March 14th, 2013, 12:23 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs! Whine away, you're doing an awesome job and already a great mommy!
redheadcurls likes this.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

March 14th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbaby View Post
Oh honey, I think you've earned the right for some whining! You're whining for three, after all
Ha ha, yes, exactly! May these weeks fly by for you!
redheadcurls likes this.
March 14th, 2013, 12:51 PM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
I feel you pain, literally. At my last appointment I was at 27 weeks for my uterus length.. And the hungry, moodswings, & everything else you mentioned.. I couldn't have said it all better myself!

As for the iron issue.. Have you tried making fresh green juice? I try to drink at least 2-3 8oz cups a day, it also helps keep me full for a little while too so I'm not eating all the junk I WANT to eat.

These babes are laying transverse too.. so its totally hopeless to fall asleep comfortable.. I usually just pass out from exhaustion.. Which is hilarious because I do NOTHING.
redheadcurls likes this.

March 14th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Super Mommy
I supposed on the bright side, if you're only planning on having 2 children, then you only need to go through this ONCE.

Plus, most women who have multiples don't carry full-term (I think the average is 36-37 weeks), so you'll have one month less of suffering!
redheadcurls likes this.
March 14th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OUCH!!! Gosh carrying one around is hard work let alone two. Feel free to complain!! You should share a pic of your belly now that you are farther along.
redheadcurls likes this.

March 14th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Twin Mama
oh lawdy girl, I know your pain! last week at 20 weeks I was measuring 28 weeks, so I'm measuring 8 weeks ahead and I am starting to feel it a lot. the eating all the time but not too much or you feel like your tummy will burst, got that. most of what your mentioning besides the ribs thing which I'm sure will come very soon, my hips and bothering me a lot right now too. DH was like "oh man so you could measure like over 40 weeks pregnant?" I rolled my eyes, yes I can but I really do not want that to happen for very long!

one baby is a hard enough feat, try two! my work (mostly male bosses) is sound shocked that after a very easy pregnancy thus far I'm starting to slow down and be tired and achy, lol imagine that 21 weeks but my body is carrying the weight/strain as if I was 29 with a singleton. duh I'm tired!

hang in there, it's gonna so be worth it when we see our babies, this goes for every one of us having a rough time right now!

oh and I think we need a belly pic!
redheadcurls likes this.

March 14th, 2013, 08:23 PM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
You're allowed to complain Just try to take it a day at a time and you'll get through it! I'm sure it feels absolutely intolerable, but like the other ladies said...think of your precious little gifts at the end of the rainbow!
redheadcurls likes this.

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.
March 14th, 2013, 08:24 PM
getnthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Its a big deal to be carrying twins. I cant imagine.... Vent anytime. It will help.
redheadcurls likes this.

March 15th, 2013, 07:45 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
First off, You are a very postive and have a great outlook on things!! You are more than entitled to vent away. Carrying twins is no simple task. Your amazing and its very clear that you totally believe in yourself!!!

your right, you CAN do it!!! best wishes to YOU and your babies!! your doing great!!!! hang in there
redheadcurls likes this.
March 15th, 2013, 12:19 PM
redheadcurls's Avatar Veteran
thanks for all your sweet words, ladies! i'm about to update my photo post, so you can see how huge i am! lol

March 15th, 2013, 01:58 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I must agree, I think you have every right to whine for a day (or three, or 30). I have that iron battle too, but not nearly as severe. Supplements cover me pretty well. You've got lot to deal with and it sounds like you're doing a great job.
redheadcurls likes this.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search