Depends.....

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Kiam
  • 1 Post By OnesOnTheWay
  • 1 Post By sethsgirl
  • 1 Post By doodoosmom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2013, 06:24 PM
jkgreen's Avatar Awaiting Our First Bundle
I was reading what everyone is bringing to the hospital and it reminded me about this one blog I read before.

We all know we will be in need of pads after birth... but has anyone wore depends instead? The blog I read said that they were just more comfortable for her. I was just wondering if any of you have used them instead.

I asked my friend who gave birth in January, she said afterwards that she could see it being more comfortable.

March 14th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Makes sense.

To be honest, I'm having a think about bringing both, and just seeing what I feel more comfortable in. Nothing is better than a bit of trial and error.
jkgreen likes this.

March 14th, 2013, 07:05 PM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
I know they gave me pads that were like ice packs after birth.. they were soo nice & smoothing!
I think when the bleeding was heavy I didn't even wear pads for ahwile they just had me sit on a large pad on my hospital bed to catch everything.

But yeah.. if the bleeding is heavy enough to warrant it depends make a lot more sense to me than pads.
jkgreen likes this.
March 14th, 2013, 07:16 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
After DS1 was born they gave me newborn diapers that had ice in them for a while since I tore so badly. But I was fine with pads. I bought the giant purple always pads after DS2 was born and those worked really well and I'll probably do that again.
jkgreen likes this.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

March 14th, 2013, 09:25 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ahhhh, the ice pads. Those were lovely
March 15th, 2013, 12:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Possibly, I have no idea how absorbent depends are? I don't think I could personally bring myself to wear a diaper but it is logical. I do know that pads from the store were pretty useless until the bleeding slowed a bit aftet a few weeks.
March 15th, 2013, 07:35 AM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didnt have a problem with pads so I will probably just use those again.
March 15th, 2013, 08:25 AM
ahruska's Avatar Super Mommy
I used the hospital ones and then once I got home I used the Always Infinity ones. They were really thin so not uncomfy really and I can't imagine Depends being better but that's just me.

March 15th, 2013, 08:34 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Good question but I dont know either. Ive always just used the usual pads. but maybe bring it just to try ..
March 15th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You guys are scaring me!
Even though I'm a second time Mom--I forgot about these things..now I'm getting nervous lol
I wore giant pads but then again I had a C-section so I'm not sure if the bleeding is less.

March 15th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I actually can't imagine them being more comfortable, I hate sitting on those huge pads they set under you while you recoup. Depends would just be larger variations of it. It probably depends (heh) on the person, but I like to feel 'normal' (which is to say, how I feel during or before pregnancy) as soon as possible.

March 15th, 2013, 03:48 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
I used the always infinity pads last time too & loved them..they're thin & they absorb better then other pads so I'll use them again. I can see the logic behind using
depends but I don't think I could bring myself to use them, and I'm having a c-section so they'd rub on my incision.
LessthanThree likes this.

Last edited by doodoosmom; March 16th, 2013 at 09:22 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search