21 week ultrasound

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MeggysMommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2013, 02:59 AM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
We had our first ultrasound a few days ago. My doctor said she'd call if anything was wrong, so I wanted to wait a few days to share. So far, so good. It was really great finally getting to see our baby. 21 weeks seemed like such a long wait. I won't lie, she totally looks like Skeletor. She was being stubborn so we got to watch her a little longer for the effort required. She was kicking the wand, and then put her arms in front of her face. It looked like she was taking jabs at the wand It was pretty cute.

It's so amazing to see the different organs and bones, and the coolest thing (in my opinion) is that you can see the division of the brain hemispheres! Yea, I'm a nerd. They weren't quite satisfied with the heart pictures so they spent some extra time on that. It's really fascinating to watch a heart beat. We also got to see a yawn and thumb sucking; the tech made a short video clip of those.

They did forget to tell me how long she is and how much she weighs and I forgot to ask. My main concern at the time was that she was healthy. I'm so relieved that everything looked normal (to me). The tech didn't seem concerned over anything either. I was really nervous because we have some strange issue with our tap water (it makes me vomit everything). My concern was that the mysterious element in the water I can't handle might have affected her development. Hopefully I won't get any surprise calls regarding that. Here are a few pictures - the third is linked to the three videos

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy

Last edited by NinjaCakes; March 15th, 2013 at 03:10 AM.
March 15th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Veteran
Amazing! Congratulations on your visit and I'm happy to hear that she looks healthy and active.

March 15th, 2013, 07:18 AM
ahruska's Avatar Super Mommy
YAYYYYYYY!! I'm so happy everything seems to be healthy and normal I hope you feel like you can relax a little and enjoy the pregnancy.

March 15th, 2013, 07:48 AM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
yay!! glad everything looks good

March 15th, 2013, 08:31 AM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Ahh the skeletor face! Those are some great pics
NinjaCakes likes this.

March 15th, 2013, 09:51 AM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
Aww, I'm glad you got to see her

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

March 15th, 2013, 01:20 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahruska View Post
YAYYYYYYY!! I'm so happy everything seems to be healthy and normal I hope you feel like you can relax a little and enjoy the pregnancy.
Finally. No more worrying, just a healthy baby. We even picked up the baby book and I've got my plans laid out to start working on a mobile

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search