Stupid question from a BTDT mommy...

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Easton's Mommy
  • 1 Post By .:fearless:.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my first I pushed for 4-5 hours before needing a emergency c-section... the second time around I am having a scheduled c-section.

My question is will I bleed after the birth? I mean I won't be pushing or anything... just the c-section. I guess I didn't know if my body would still need to get rid of stuff and just do it vaginally???

I was reading the what to pack for the hospital and reading mine I remembered how I had bled over everything and was thinking how nice it would be not to have that problem again..

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

March 16th, 2013, 08:00 AM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
I have no idea really. Not a stupid question. I would think that you would - they can't get it all in a c-section...?

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.
March 16th, 2013, 08:35 AM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No question is stupid when it comes to pregnancy and labor

Yes, you will bleed. When we bleed after birth it isn't from vaginal trauma, it is the shedding of the uterine lining and all that fun stuff getting back to where it needs to be.
March 16th, 2013, 08:36 AM
getnthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
THey suck you out after the section to be sure no placenta is left but there is a wound on your uterus where the placenta attached to the wall. I understand that the bleeding is much less than vaginal delivery and you will still have contractions to heal the wound naturally. But it will heal faster.

March 16th, 2013, 08:42 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
Yes, you will still bleed. I never made it to pushing with dd before getting a c section. I think I bled for 2-3 weeks, weeks but not too heavy after the first few days or so. Everyone is different for how long they bleed.

March 16th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Thanks ladies! Helps to know that I should still over pack!
jkgreen likes this.

March 16th, 2013, 10:43 AM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
Yep, ditto to the other ladies. You'll have the same bleeding again, might not last as long & could be lighter this time but you'll definitely have it.
March 16th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Veteran
I delivered first kid vaginally, second kid c section.

I bled WAY less with c section. Bled some, but not nearly as much or as long as first time.

Btw, from what I have heard, recovery is easier with each subsequent c section, too.
March 16th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I bled a LOT after my c-sections, but it did seem to taper off after a while. I was only spotting after 2 weeks. But they do clean you out a little when they do the c-section.

Also, yeah, the recovery is much better when you know you are having a c-section. I felt nearly completely normal after 12 hours when I had my daughter, and was walking like I didn't have a huge hole in my stomach by 24 hours. However, I did overdo it because I felt so great and ended up ripping the scar back open a little after a week. Take it very easy, even if you feel good. It'll just lengthen your recovery time if you try to do to much after surgery.

March 16th, 2013, 12:28 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I bled the amount of a heavy period for about 1-2 weeks and then probably a week of spotting there after. I never went into labor on my own so I'm not sure how different it would have been.

March 16th, 2013, 06:17 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Even with my vaginal births (4), I have only bled for 3 weeks usually, and tapering off about 2 weeks in. I think every body is different in how it reacts to child birth.
LessthanThree likes this.
March 17th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Veteran
I bleed a TON for both of my c-sections. When I tell you I was changing a pad every hour around the clock for 2 days that is no exaggeration. I remember my last being in NICU and us going see him. I stood up and gushed all over NICU. Had to get housekeeping to clean up the floor and wheelchair. Bring something you are comfortable using.
April
March 17th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Veteran
I bleed a TON for both of my c-sections. When I tell you I was changing a pad every hour around the clock for 2 days that is no exaggeration. I remember my last being in NICU and us going see him. I stood up and gushed all over NICU. Had to get housekeeping to clean up the floor and wheelchair. Bring something you are comfortable using.
April
March 17th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by writergurrl View Post
I delivered first kid vaginally, second kid c section.

I bled WAY less with c section. Bled some, but not nearly as much or as long as first time.

Btw, from what I have heard, recovery is easier with each subsequent c section, too.

I have heard that too about the recovery being a little easier... hoping that is true for me!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search