Rock n play sleeper

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By tela

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2013, 01:33 PM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes or no? The reviews are awesome. I know about the mold recall and the risk of flat spot if you leave baby in it too often. DH says we don't need it, but it looks so cool and portable!

Last edited by tela; March 16th, 2013 at 04:56 PM.
March 16th, 2013, 01:59 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
I've never used one but I saw one at target that I really like so I'm considering it, I think it'd be nice to have to set baby in out in the living room & to easily move around places..but it's not a necessity so we'll see, I'm on the fence!
March 16th, 2013, 02:21 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We just got one (a gift from my mom and dad). I read about the mold recall and there's a risk of flat spot with carseats, swings and back sleeping too. I don't feel either is too much of a concern to avoid it. It seems if it's cleaned properly and the cover is left to dry completely then put back on it shouldn't be a problem.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

March 16th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Super Mommy
We got one because the reviews were just TOO good and we found a good deal on one. I have a friend who said it was the only place her baby would sleep! I wanted it because it's portable and doesn't take up much space, and we will be travelling a lot during the summer.

Someone on another site had mentioned that the recall isn't actually to return it, just to call and get cleaning instructions, but I don't know if that's true or not.

I think with both the mold & flat head things you just have to use common sense!!
March 16th, 2013, 04:22 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
I plan to get one, I think somewhere for baby to be that is a bit elevated (vs the bouncy chair) will be a good idea with his 3 year old sister running around.

March 16th, 2013, 04:51 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have had one since my son was born.. I love it! I actually never ever washed the cover.. I always had a huge blanket thrown over the whole thing that I washed.. I did recently inspect it for mold, and it had ONE tiny spot.. So I spray bleached it and washed the cover and now it looks fabulous again.. I think they are fantastic

March 16th, 2013, 06:45 PM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
I got a used one for $25 bucks (it's in nearly new condition).. everyone I know has raved about them! My daughter was not a great sleeper.. would wake up every 20 minutes for the first few months. So I hoping the new baby likes this so I can get more sleep this time around!!

& I have to add.. I think it's kind of cute though that your DH has input on these things. My husband has no idea (nor any interest) in what I buy for the baby.. he just leaves that whole department up to me.
March 16th, 2013, 06:49 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wanted one with Jaxson, and I didn't splurge and get one (couldn't find one used). A lot of mamas in my May '12 PR used them and I asked and only one said she wouldn't use it again (her son did have a flat head and requires a helmet). I want to get one for K. We live in a 2 story and I think it will be easier to transport up and down the steps vs getting another pack and play!
March 16th, 2013, 07:15 PM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My DH is the SAH parent, so I do value his opinions. That said, I ordered one and will tell him when he gets home, lol.
March 16th, 2013, 07:19 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^That literally made me LOL.
March 16th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I ordered one the other day! A cute little pink one can't wait till it comes!

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

March 16th, 2013, 09:01 PM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
I used one with DD and my god daughter and we battled mold. That being said, we loved it - it's light, portable, comes apart and goes back together easily, etc. Lots of reasons to love it. We used it as our bassinet for a while and it was something she would stay asleep in if we set her down in it after falling asleep on the boob. I think our problem was that even though she wasn't peeing in it or anything she was sweating more than we could have realized and it was getting trapped in there even with me washing it regularly. Just be vigilant!

Also, the "recall" isn't a recall, as Houghtie mentioned. It's just instructions to clean it and use lots of bleach. We would *like* to use ours with this baby as well, so Steve just bought a bunch of bleach and is going to do the soak and wipe down and see how it goes.

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.
March 17th, 2013, 11:43 AM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I wouldn't buy one because I'm cheap, but if someone gave me one I'd probably try it out. I've both known babies who loved it and babies who hated it. If you're a crafty person I'd bet it would be fairly easy to sew your own cover for it so you can whip it off and wash it anytime.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
March 17th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Twin Mama
it looks very neat and portable tons of great reviews, the flat spot thing worries me a little but like other have said, car seats, bouncers ect can do that too so... i have a plan to get a bouncer and a swing and when one baby is not w/ me, on the floor, or in the crib, they will be in one of those so this might be able to serve that purpose. idk, more research to be done for sure.

March 18th, 2013, 08:00 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
It looks nice! We have a bouncy seat, a swing, and a co-sleeper...so I don't know that we would need it this time.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
March 18th, 2013, 10:23 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I have it on my registry. I'm not sure I'd buy it myself, though I do want one.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search