Grateful

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By NinjaCakes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2013, 12:02 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Losing my job brought on a lot of stress as far as how we were going to afford anything for our baby. BF really does not make enough money by himself, and his job has an unsure future. In the last few months we have been so fortunate to have a number of things given to us. I'm really blown away and touched at people's generosity. I was shopping around for a used crib in November and my parents told me to stop because they were going to surprise us with one this summer. Talk about a huge relief. BF's sister is throwing us a baby shower in June which is incredibly generous of her. We've also received a car seat, a breast pump, a play mat, some outfits, a picture frame for our ultrasound, a photo album, a book of bedtime stories, a teething toy, and even a potty seat for the distant future. BF topped it off - knowing how much I wanted a baby book, he ordered it from Walmart last week. We picked it up on Thursday and I love it! Even when things are at their worst, people have brought me so much joy. I just hope one day I can give back to others when it's needed

Anyway, I'm trying to think of some special way I can thank the people who have done so much to help us. I want them to know how much what they have done means to us. Obviously I'm on a nonexistent budget for this, but given enough time I might be able to save up. Any ideas?

jersey_gray and Leanne Marie like this.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
March 18th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Super Mommy
If you're on a tight budget and everyone lives nearby, you could make a few batches of different types of cookies (or other type of dessert) and give them away in little gift boxes. If you do it after baby is born, you could include a picture of the baby with a little thank you card.
March 18th, 2013, 03:24 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
Maybe have everyone over for dinner one night & thank them for their generosity?

I also like the idea of baked goods & a nice card
March 18th, 2013, 04:29 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I love both ideas PPs mentioned

March 18th, 2013, 07:16 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
I think all of the responses mentioned sound great! I think they would really appreciate a thank you card the most if you aren't able to do the other options. That's SO great that you got all of those things!!

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
March 20th, 2013, 12:57 PM
You know I do love to cook, I just never have anyone to cook for. Now I do! And yesterday I was offered things by another person! She's moving and cleaning out the old baby stuff - she said she has a walker, a bouncer, a bumbo, and a bottle sanitizer for us Thanks ladies!

March 21st, 2013, 08:52 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
people LOVE spoiling babies!!! i think food is a good idea, but honestly when people buy/give you baby stuff, they really don't want anything in return. a nice thank you card would be wonderful and all you need.
March 21st, 2013, 10:06 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I agree that people just genuinely love buying for babies and don't expect anything in return. If you love to bake I like the cookies idea though!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
March 22nd, 2013, 03:52 PM
Truth be told, I just don't have the money for cards. Baking stuff I have a plenty though. And the list is just getting longer! A friend has a walker, a bouncer, a bumbo, a bottle/toy sanitizer for us, and one of BF's co-workers bought two sleepers and made a blanket for us!

So I'm no fan of pink but wow, the amount of work she put into that blanket I can definitely appreciate. And the elephant sleeper almost made me cry - my grandma loved and collected elephants with their trunks up.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search