DH and names

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Gini_3boys
  • 1 Post By doodoosmom
  • 1 Post By Shea131
  • 1 Post By ninja_mommy
  • 1 Post By ReidsMommyPlus1
  • 1 Post By Jessifer

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2013, 10:12 AM
Veteran
I like to check things off my to-do list and I would love to pick a name, but DH is dragging his feet on this and the way he explained it is so perplexing to me. Basically, right now she could be anyone and when we pick a name she'll just be that one name. He felt the same way after we found out the gender -- like the world of possibilities was cut in half. I think he's enjoying dreaming about all the possibilities.

This isn't a "problem" I need advice on or anything, I just think it's interesting how different his perspective is.
March 21st, 2013, 10:56 AM
Gini_3boys's Avatar Super Mommy
My husband just doesn't agree on any name I like or suggest, it's driving me insane! I get what your husband is saying but I know once you name your baby and they are born and that's their name, it's like no other name would have been okay because they just fit the name you chose for them. Well for my boys anyways, i can't imagine them being named anything else.
mjbaby likes this.

Devin - 06/29/2004 Riley - 03/01/2007 Kyler - 07/20/2010 Tanner - 07/30/2013
March 21st, 2013, 11:09 AM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
I'm dying to pick a name too & DH is in no hurry. Drives me nuts!
mjbaby likes this.
March 21st, 2013, 12:46 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Same here!!! I want to pick a name and DH just says we have until July! Ugh!!
mjbaby likes this.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
March 21st, 2013, 01:25 PM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think they get the sense of urgency like we do. I think we finally picked DD's around 36-37 weeks (and we picked it right before he deployed.) So, thank God we had a name then.
This time around we like Allison, but are keeping our options open. I think he will start looking more when he has a few weeks of leave before we get to Hawaii. But we've each thrown names out there that the other just can't see using, so. Hopefully we will have a name picked by 37 weeks again
mjbaby likes this.

Oct '11 June '12
March 21st, 2013, 02:35 PM
Veteran
My husband is in no rush to choose a name either, but I am. It really stresses me out that we've known her gender for 7 weeks and still don't have something set in stone
mjbaby likes this.
March 21st, 2013, 03:03 PM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
We just don't like the same names and are having a touch time. I'll just be happy if we have one picked before my scheduled csection day, July 8th.
March 21st, 2013, 04:08 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
That is interesting. Neither of us really felt the name crunch, but we both had our names picked out long before now. Your DH has a really unique perspective on it!

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
March 21st, 2013, 04:11 PM
Super Mommy
I still have 4 months left to convince DH that "Cristian" is NOT gay. (Soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo? Soooo sexy, and definitely not gay!)

ADDED: Actually, I have LESS than 4 months. Yikes!
mjbaby likes this.
March 21st, 2013, 04:12 PM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
All dh wanted was the name to start with a "K" and for it to have a meaning .. that helped me narrow it down... I then came up with Kedar which means Powerful .. he like it and we stuck with it.

March 21st, 2013, 06:47 PM
Regular
My hubby is not too picky on names - he likes to figure it out and stick with it , no yo-yoing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search