Working Moms

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2013, 06:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When is your last day of work? When is your due date?
Are you nervous?

Also how soon do you plan on going BACK to work after the baby is born?

March 22nd, 2013, 06:14 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
My due date is July 20th. At my last dr appt we were talking about July 17th for a c-section date, so I'll probably work through July 16th. If I can, maybe I'll have the Friday before that be my last day, so July 12th. With DD I was due May 27th and worked through June 4th, the Friday before my Tuesday induction.

I will probably take 12 weeks off, the max allowable from FMLA. I should have enough leave saved to cover all of it, none is paid otherwise.

March 22nd, 2013, 07:05 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
My due date is July 16th. I will work up until day baby is born. I'm taking the full 12 weeks covered by fmla.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
March 22nd, 2013, 07:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm due July 5
I gave my work June 28 as my last day of work--leaving myself a week to relax or so.
With my oldest daughter, I was due July 14 and my last day of work was July 11. She came on July 9.
I'm preparing myself this time around that baby #2 could be early although I FULLY expected baby to be late the first time around. LOL

In Canada (Ontario), you can take up to 54 weeks of pregnancy/parental leave which I am very grateful for. You apply much like Employment insurance (Unemployment) and you can get some small payments each week. Your employer does not have to pay you for anything although some choose to.
I'm planning on taking the first 6 months off and then DH (Evan) will take the remaining 6 months. It worked with us in the past. I could not afford to take the full year myself as I bring in more income than Evan and we were really struggling.
Plus my work REALLY wants me to come back sooner as we are doing a big television series that they would like me to manage.

March 22nd, 2013, 08:23 AM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
I don't work full time ( just fri-sun), but my job is a contracted job through the county and the contract is ending on August 1st if we don't get the bid for the new contract we will all be out of a job come Febuary 1st. I'm due the 26th of July, & my DH has asked me to make my last day sometime late may early June. As for going back I will become a permanent full time SAHM, we have issues finding some one to watch 2 kids for the 2 hours between when my DH goes to work & when I get home on Fridays, let alone a NB too.
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

March 22nd, 2013, 08:24 AM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm due July 4th and I'll start my mat leave on July 1st. I will take the week before as vacation though so my last day of work will be June 21st.

I am also Canadian and will take the full year mat leave and return July 1st 2014. My employer tops me up to 85% of my pay for the first 17 weeks and 75% of my pay for the remaining weeks.
March 22nd, 2013, 08:45 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i am due july 3. i will (hopefully) work up until the day i go into labor. i will then take the full 12 weeks FMLA. i have short term disability pay for the 1st 6 weeks at 80% then 100% pay using my PTO for 3 weeks, so i'll only have a few weeks unpaid.
March 22nd, 2013, 09:00 AM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I work as a server at a cafe, so I plan on working until my energy can't keep up. I will probably be cutting down my hours from full time to part time in the next month.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

March 22nd, 2013, 09:29 AM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know I have said this before but I decided to Substitute teacher this year instead of having my own class and have already cut back to 2 or 3 times a week. My last day will be May 17 when all the kiddos get out of school. DH and I are taking right now but I may end up bein a SAHM. I am a little nervous about it!

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

March 22nd, 2013, 10:28 AM
Twin Mama
Work is pressuring me about this right now. Super annoying. Talked to DR today and he says twins moms usually stop between 26-28 weeks due to either complications or becoming super uncomfortable/physically unable to do much. So looking around the end of april, yikes!

March 22nd, 2013, 11:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My job is a little different since I don't have to work every day, but I am expecting May/June/July to be my busiest months. I am already booking for June and I plan to accept all gigs up until the day I deliver. I will also accept post-maternity shoots within a week of delivery (seriously not likely) provided the baby is with me. As for going back to a full-time office job, I'll probably wait at least 6 months or a year.I will play it by ear.
March 22nd, 2013, 12:28 PM
Super Mommy
The last day of school is June 21 & I am due July 7th. I will work until then if I can, but as a substitute teacher I can really take off whenever.

I also teach at an Adult Learning Program a couple of nights a week. That goes until June as well. I may leave that early though. It's getting really exhausting working all day, then all evening

I do get a full year off, but I can't see myself taking that long. I've already told my regular school that I will work a few days here and there for them come fall.
March 22nd, 2013, 12:40 PM
Krisnina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My last day is June 7th and I am due July 4th. I think I am am going back on October 11th but lately I've been over stressed at work. I'm creating a post soon to rant about it.

March 22nd, 2013, 12:48 PM
Veteran
I'm due July 15th and will try to work up until I go into labor, but will probably work from home for the last week or two. Since I'm on the faculty at a university I'm technically on parental leave until January, but I will probably start working again, at least in some capacity, 6-8 weeks after the birth. I have a bunch of graduate students that work with me and I can't really let them go un-advised for all that long.
March 22nd, 2013, 01:19 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Leave on 1st June
Due 1st July
Back 3rd March

I get 26 weeks paid at half pay plus the baby bonus from the government, so hopefully that keeps us going.

March 22nd, 2013, 03:52 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I'll be stopping and going back whenever since I'm now only self employed, and not getting much business at that. I booked a session a few weeks before my DD but I'm not accepting deposits or payment for sessions that close just in case.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
March 23rd, 2013, 09:04 AM
Super Mommy
I am due on July 3rd so I am thinking of June 21st as my last day. It would leave me a week and a half to relax before baby is born.

I get 54 weeks of mat leave - we don't know what we are going to do yet. My husband is a full-time student right now but he'll be looking for a full-time job in his field once his semester ends in April If he finds good solid job, then I'll do the full 12 months. If not, then I'll do 8 months and he can stay at home with the baby for 4 months, and whatever additional time it takes for him to find a good job.

Right now, I am freaking out about daycare because I keep hearing these horror stories about 18+ month waiting lists in Toronto to get your child into daycare. I just applied for a subsidy (definitely cannot afford the full-price $1800 for daycare in my area) and am now on the waiting list at 3 different places. I'm afraid that by the time my 12 months mat leave are up, my child will not have a spot in daycare. We are hoping to get visitors visas for my in-laws to come from Cuba next July/August so that will buy us a bit of time because they can stay at home with baby until at least September, but the government may very well deny their visas so I don't want to count on it.
March 23rd, 2013, 09:19 PM
getnthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im due July 18th. Last day to report to work is June 20th. We have meetings after school is out. Lame to me...I go back October. I think Ill be taking total of 6 weeks off and that is without pay. I only get disability for 6 weeks total.

March 24th, 2013, 01:41 PM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
I do not have a last day. We work from home so I work when I have the energy. Going back. ill do the paper work as soon as I can.. the manual work. Midwife has told me I need 6 weeks recovery before I do heavy lifting so manual has to wait.

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

March 24th, 2013, 06:02 PM
laur2laur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm due 7/29 and I plan to work until the day I go into labor. My son was early so the only thing I'm nervous about is not being fully prepared to pass on my work to my staff. I plan to take the full FMLA leave, 12 weeks, but will probably check in via e-mail regularly just because of the nature of my job.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search