Losing it at work

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By mjbaby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2013, 02:03 PM
Krisnina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a pretty professional and calm person at work. Most people that I work with love the fact that I don't freak out and I can easily calm others and come up with solutions. Yesterday, I had finally had enough. I work in television- which I can tell you isn't always as fun as it sounds. This one producer that we work with is a total nut case. She really doesn't have any filter, and when she is at a deadline beware- she loses her head and everyone in her path gets it. Anyway, I was the lucky one that was being yelled at because she doesn't get along with one of the guys I oversee and footage that she shot was out of focus. After three hours of being yelled at I just couldn't take it anymore, but I sucked it up got through a late night and went home. I cried all the way home, cried at home and cried until 4am this morning. I would have quit this morning, but I have never left a job- but I also just feel so stuck. I just have like 12 more weeks and then I can take my maternity leave. Getting through these weeks are tough. I have worked in post production for television for 11 years, and never have I had this much stress. On top of the 5 shows that I am overseeing- I am also being mistreated by this one producer. This producer has made multiple people cry here and I am not the first, nor last. Anyway I'm feeling stuck and pregnancy just make it harder. My husband's company just shut down on a Monday out of no where, so he is out of work. Anyway, I sobbed to the VP here, and cried on my way to work today. I'm trying to pull it together but I feel like I have been run over by a truck of horrible emotions.

March 22nd, 2013, 02:07 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry mama... Sounds like you work for a witch of a woman!! Just nod and say all the right things and picture her looking like the wicked witch of the west!

March 22nd, 2013, 02:55 PM
Veteran
This sounds trying, even under non-pregnant circumstances. That producer sounds like a nut case so you should at least be relieved it's not something you're doing... but that's little consolation when it's being taken out on you. All you can do is maintain your mature, professional attitude. 12 weeks sweetie, you can do it!

And who yells at a pregnant woman? Seriously. Have you see Old School? You should do "earmuffs" on your belly every time she starts yelling.
Leanne Marie and NinjaCakes like this.

March 22nd, 2013, 04:42 PM
So I just had another encounter with her. She told me to put her on speaker while she freaked out on me for a half hour. I ended up throwing my cellphone and leaving work. I went for a walk and called someone that is above me in another office. I can't take it anymore. Its awful. Everyone that heard the conversation was like "you're pregnant - you should have hung up the phone sooner."

March 22nd, 2013, 04:54 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Wow what a wench. I hope someone above her head will do something about her - the turnover under her supervision must be really high! You shouldn't have to put up with that.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
March 22nd, 2013, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaCakes View Post
Wow what a wench. I hope someone above her head will do something about her - the turnover under her supervision must be really high! You shouldn't have to put up with that.
No one has left- if (when) I leave- I will be the first. She brings a lot of shows into our company (or she will - they say) so she isn't going anywhere. If the stress is this bad now- I can't imagine what it will be like when I have a newborn and no sleep and dont want to be here at all.

March 22nd, 2013, 07:13 PM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs!!! While I don't have to deal with being yelled at, I've had a stressful time at work lately too. 60 hours in the past 5 days. Yesterday I broke down in tears when I got home. I'm forcing myself to keep my laptop closed until Sunday. I owe it to myself and to DS. And like you - I'm counting down to my "break" of maternity leave! You can do this - 12 weeks. And you really never know what will happen with that witch of a woman. I did not get along with my boss. At all. I was miserable and thought things would never change. Well, despite being a director (one of the top 3 at my company), he was fired! My new boss is great! So a lot can change.
March 22nd, 2013, 08:11 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
I give you credit for not slapping her out going off on her..She sounds really awful. I hope the next 12 weeks go by fast so you can get a break from work!
March 22nd, 2013, 09:39 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ugh, that sounds awful! Hope someone above her tells her to lay off!
March 22nd, 2013, 10:51 PM
Twin Mama
im so sorry you are dealing with such a witch! you are so strong to heep truckin in that situation. :hugs: focus on the baby when you can and all the joy that will come with that. she can't take away how exciting it feels when the baby kicks or wiggles... think of that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search