Baby carrier

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By keekopeeko
  • 1 Post By writergurrl
  • 1 Post By .:fearless:.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2013, 12:37 PM
getnthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you have one you love? I have a KTan I loved but its probably too big now I was like 50 lbs heavier back then. I think it gets stretched out a bit too. wearing bigger kids like when she was 9-10 mos
So Im considering another one or an ergo. I want to be able to breast feed in it. I was learning about hip dysplasia too and the ergo seems a bit at an advantage. I think my boob will never find its way to a baby I don't have very big ones.
What have you used?
What do you know about this stuff?
Anyone nurse or plan to in carrier?

March 24th, 2013, 12:59 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no.. This is my favorite and my least favorite baby topic..

I will for sure absolutely be nursing in a carrier.. I personally love ringslings the best for ease of nursing in.. Ring slings are one shouldered (and NOT all created equally) so for long periods on time when the kiddo is bigger can be hard on your back..

An ergo is a fantastic option! .. Many people don't end up liking the infant insert though so they don't use it until the baby is older.. An ergo is not as easy to nurse in but it's for sure doable.. More so when they are about 5+months old

Other ergonomic carrier options include but are not limited to (hehe) ... Woven wraps.. Mobys (won't last much past 15lbs) .. Mei tais.. And other soft structure carriers like the ergo.. The Boba 3G is supposed to go from infancy on up.. The beco Gemini is supposedly wonderful for new squishes ... There are really endless options..and I personally feel like each kind of carrier offers its own pros and cons so I have more than one or two,. And I am also planning on buying more!
MeggysMommy likes this.

March 24th, 2013, 02:23 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a moby wrap and an ergo.

The moby is great for nursing a newborn but in my opinion a pain to put on when you're out somewhere since it's so much fabric.

I loove my ergo and actually found it pretty easy to nurse DS2 after a few times of practicing (didn't buy it until DS1 was 9 months old). We do have an infant insert and I do like it but it's very padded and isn't breathable for a newborn in warm weather. We will be rolling up a receiving blanket or 2 to prop Olivia up in it until it cools down enough to use the insert. I love that I can still use it for my 3 1/2 year old on my back too if I need to (although he's getting a little tall but still within the weight limit).

I've thought about getting a Ktan since they at least look easier to use than a moby.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

March 24th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Twin Mama
I want a carrier, I'm not sure what type though. The ergo is appealing but before i knew I was having twins I planned on a ring sling. My only concern is being a plus size lady that an ergo won't fit me, I think the ring sling would since there is so much fabric.

March 24th, 2013, 03:47 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
I bought a ton of carriers with dd but the ones I used most were the baby ktan and the ergo. Because of the weather, and because my ergo was pink and flowery, I planned to replace them for this kiddo with a ktan breeze and an ergo sport. I bought the breeze from a friend but it's a small and the on I used (and still have) is a med, so I'm not sure hers will fit. Then after I sold my ergo I saw a beco butterfly on a bargain site for a good price so I'll be trying that one out this time.

I never tried nursing in a carrier last time, but I'll try to give it a go this time.

March 24th, 2013, 03:50 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ergo (and I think other soft structure carriers) also sell waist extenders.. If need be

... I honestly don't think either the ktan (maybe the ktan breeze) or the moby are good hot weather carriers.. I will be using my thinner material ringsling (it's a grass hemp Indio wrap conversion ringsling)

There is a wrap called the wrapsody Bali breeze that is known for being a cooler summer wrap... It is also supportive enough to last you much longer than a stretchy wrap...

I plan on getting a beco Gemini
A didymos waves wrap (which is thin and also good for warm weather I've heard)
And a mesh water ringsling for the beach use...

Then my infant summer stash will be complete

March 24th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Veteran
I have an Ergo but hate it. I have narrow sloping shoulders and it never fit me right, even with the chest strap cinched. It's DH's favorite carrier, though, so your mileage may vary.

I preferred the AngelPack. It seemed to work best for my body type. I don't like it for newborns, though. I'll use a Slingling or Comfy Joey sling for teeny babies.

Once my kids are older and taller... usually around 20 months... I switch to a Kanga XT. It has a taller body and is more supportive for both them and me, especially when they're napping.
keekopeeko likes this.
March 24th, 2013, 06:05 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also have narrow/sloped shoulders. I liked the angelpack as well! Great ergonomical carrier. I used it from about 4 months though. I now have a babyhawk mei tai, and it is SO simple to use. Those start at newborn too.
keekopeeko likes this.
March 25th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a Moby and a Pikkolo. I love both. I pretty much wore my Moby nonstop for the first 6 months of my son's life. I may just go to the fabric store this time a buy something really lightweight that can be used this summer as a makeshift Moby wrap since the Moby itself is a little heavy and can make me sweat. I'd like an Ergo this time too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search