What is wrong with me!?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kiam

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Twin Mama
I am trying to do my registry/pick baby items and am having a hard time. I have this mental block where I want everything to be in the same color tones, similar animals, ect... and it's making it impossible. I know it's insane and silly... how do I get past this?

I know everything should be versatile for use with either twin, but other than that it shouldn't matter right?

I threw out the theme idea for our baby room because I don't want to be locked into it. We have decided to do a neutral super light yellow/white on the walls and use green for baby boy and pink for baby girl for crib accents, bedding and decorations. So I can't rely on a theme for picking items.

I picked a highly rated/reviewed bouncer, jumper and gym in similar bright color palettes. All the highly rated (but not insanely expensive) swings are in neutrals or have gender specific color palettes. High chairs... ugh... it shouldn't be this difficult.

Does all your baby gear match?

March 24th, 2013, 08:22 PM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
a lot of my stuff was the same in neutral colors .. but i also did alot of pink and blue things as well.

March 24th, 2013, 08:37 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww, it's just fun is all

No, my gear doesn't match. I have a stroller that matches my car seat, but I am getting a new cover for my car seat (from the manufacter, and just because I want it lol!). But, I am getting a double stroller anyhow, so that won't matter anymore
Currently, my 10 month old has a black crib...his crib sheet is a rocker print (my mama and I made it), a green and brown pack and play. His bouncer was just a regular one with some animals and such...ummm...swing was the STUPID STUPID graco sweet peace one. Don't get that swing BTW. lol
March 24th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nothing of mine matches. Except for the cot and change table because they came as a set.

If someone wants to line up all my stuff, grey stroller, navy carseat, rainbow bouncer, raw wood cot, polished wood bassinet, purple shelves and complain that they don't match, I will be very worried about them.
MeggysMommy likes this.

March 24th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Super Mommy
Nope, no matching here. I'm pretty sure baby doesn't care!
March 24th, 2013, 09:08 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
No matching here either!

March 24th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Veteran
No matching stuff. I have a mishmash of hand me downs, gifts, purchases, etc.

You'll be so busy with twins that you won't have time to notice if stuff matches! Lol
March 24th, 2013, 09:18 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No matching here either!

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

March 24th, 2013, 09:46 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
My stuff will just be all bright colors, no matching When it comes to clothes, I normally gravitate towards more gender neutral anyway, so I have no advice.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

March 24th, 2013, 10:27 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I don't have much so far, but no it doesn't. Diaper bag is brown, green, and blue, lay and play is jungle themed, baby book is zoo themed, bouncer is pooh bear themed.. It's not a huge deal to me really.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
March 25th, 2013, 06:43 AM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
no matching items here either...just her nursery decorations. Blue stroller, tan car seat, different color wood crib and change table.
March 25th, 2013, 06:57 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
no matching here either

I dont know if they still make it, but I think someone in my last DDC had all her gear and bedding and stuff in the Fisher Price Rainforest line. I think they made a bouncer, swing (full size and travel size), high chair, etc all in that line. Baby Gear

March 25th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had boy girl twins 4 years ago and we went did an under the sea nursery set. It was pretty colorful. The babies had a ton of blue and pink stuff I got at my showers and we just incorporated it all. I was a little obsessed with coordinating everything in the beginning but about a week into it the babies wore whatever was clean and used whichever blanket/burp cloth was in reach, lol. All our baby gear was gender neutral. The only thing gender specific we had was a pink high chair that was a gift. We already had a green one from my 1st son so my daughter got a new one but many many times my son sat in it. This baby is baby number 5 so she has a hodge podge of baby gear from her 4 siblings and things we've picked up at consignment or for free from friends. Needless to say, it doesn't match.

March 25th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had DS 3 and 1/2 years ago and for some reason I got rid of a couple things... so we have had to buy a lot of stuff... which I don't mind. So this time everything is pink and girly since she will be our last one.

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

March 25th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Twin Mama
I know the babies wont care, so why do I apparently care? LOL DH thinks its because im trying to make everything 'perfect' and I need to stop... so true.

DH helped me last night, I had him look at the stuff I was picking since he had not before and he ending up picking almost everything from that FP rainforest line! LOL I was attempting to avoid that since I was going nuts trying to be so matchy matchy. His motto was best selling/most reviews/bright colors = a good buy. I think I may do more research and pick a few different things, I will avoid that swing though! LOL thx for the heads up.

It's not like we are going to get/buy all of the gear anyways, if we dont get all of the items, we won't necessarily go buy them all. Maybe the babies will get a bouncer and don't need a swing or vice versus.

I think having DH step in has helped a lot, I feel all alone in this and I got the double whammy of FTM and twins. I need his input to reassure me that I'm on the right track and don't feel like I'm alone.

In other news work schedule my baby shower for 3 weeks from now so I best be getting this thing done soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search