worried about weight..any advise?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ninja_mommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2013, 06:08 AM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
Well I went to the doc for my reg. check up at 24 weeks yesterday and I am still at the same weight. 1 lb. up from my original weight at my first apt. The doc asked if I was trying to watch my weight and I told him no that I eat everything I want and I'm sure I'm getting plenty of calories seeing as how I am always hungry, but I am just not gaining weight. I figured I'm only 24 weeks I have time to catch up and was sure this would be the apt were the scale jumped a bit because I am REALLY starting to show now but it didn't. He said he will see me back in 3 weeks for my glucose test and if my weight hasn't starting in increase we will discuss it more. Anyone have experience with this? What do they do if you aren't gaining weight? I'm measuring right no track and baby was measuring right on track at the ultrasound about a month ago. I am very busy running after a 3 yr old and 2 yr old, cleaning house, doing laundry and working full time. That is the only thing I can think of is that I am burning off all my calories. Does the baby take what he needs first and I get the rest or is it the other way around??
March 26th, 2013, 10:04 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The baby takes what it needs first. That's why it's important to take vitamins. The only advice I can offer is to add more calorie dense foods to your diet. Maybe now is the time to go wild with butter, breads, oils, cheese and ice cream! Well you know, not too crazy, but you get get what I mean.
lhug_nar and Logiesmomma like this.

Oct '11 June '12
March 26th, 2013, 10:11 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd be freaked out too.. But I'm sure things are fine.. Eat healthy fatty things like avocados etc..

March 26th, 2013, 10:49 AM
ahruska's Avatar Super Mommy
When I went to the Dr. I had only gained 2lbs. She said I just need to eat eat eat. I'm trying but still puke sometimes. I would just keep eating and try not to worry. I had this with DD as well and I eventually gained the weight and she was over 8lbs. Baby takes what it needs.

March 26th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't be too worried if baby is growing fine. All doctors seem to have a different opinion on weight gain but the baby does get what they need first. Somethingi did for a while was add protein nutrition shakes in the morning like ensure. Don't use it as a meal replacement but an additional easy source of calories. Add nuts and avocados to your diet. Maybe allow yourself a glass or two of almond milk instead of water to fill your liquid requirements. Eating a bunch of junk food just to put on the pounds won't help. I think generally our bodies know what they're doing but we can help them along a bit. Also, our starting weight really affects what we need to gain. If you started out overweight or on the higher end of normal, your body may just have what it needs and is only outtingon baby weight.
March 26th, 2013, 01:56 PM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm about 5'9" and started out weighing 144 lbs. I'm not sure where that is on the low, normal or high weight for my height. I'll have to check. I am going to add some ensure and hope for the best. Thanks ladies.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search