My no good horrible day

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By TerriLF

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Krisnina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I posted the other day about work stress and one producer that I do not get along with. Anyway, today was another horrid day with her. I ended up crying again and telling her to leave me alone when she is crazy like that. She followed me until I left I said I was out of there and left the building.i cried in my car for a bit, and then started to cramp. I figured I was dehydrated but called my doctor to tell her the situation. She had me come right in. My blood pressure was 151/98 and then she hooked me up to a non stress test. Turns out I was having contractions, and not Braxton hicks. She has me on meds to stop them. And wants me on bed rest for the rest of the week. As I was sitting there I just felt so bad that of anything happens to this baby because I didn't walk out on this stupid job earlier than I'm going to feel even worse. I have complained about this woman over and over again, and nothing happens. I send work an email letting them know that i no longer felt like it was safe for my baby and attached my doctors note, that basically said that hi stress is a no no at this point. I'm going to take the next few days to relax, but I'm still really upset.

March 26th, 2013, 10:06 PM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh, no! I'm sorry to hear work has been so horrible. I am happy to hear, however, that you have such a wonderful doc. I'm glad you decided to go ahead and call and that she told you to come right in - just try not to stress out about work for at least the next couple of days. Kick your feet up, relax, eat some ice cream and feel better! <3

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.
March 26th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Twin Mama
Oh no I'm so sorry but it sounds like you have a great DR. Try to relax, enjoy the extra rest and when you do go back to work if it happens again you know what to do. Be done, I'm sure the DR will agree. Contractions are nothing to mess around with!

March 27th, 2013, 06:24 AM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
You have the right to take legal action against your employer for the harassment that they are aware of and not doing anything about. Just an FYI. I work in HR and at our company we don't take any harassment lightly because if something happens it is our fault if we knew about the situation and did nothing to change it or make it a safer environment for the other employee(s). I just wanted to put that out there. I hope you have a good few days off and can relax.
sethsgirl, tela, Jessifer and 1 others like this.
March 27th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Veteran
What an awful situation. I know you take your job seriously so it's terrible that it's conflicting with pregnancy. You did the right thing letting them know that it's causing medical problems. I know it sounds a little nuts, but I think TerriLF has a good point. You really shouldn't be experiencing harassment of any sort in a professional environment. This isn't about your ability to cope with crazy people -- it sounds like you're generally pretty level headed -- and it's pretty clear the issue is with her and not you.

March 27th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds terrible but good call checking in with your doctor. Hope you're able to take it easy these next few days.

March 27th, 2013, 07:43 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
omg i want to punch this woman and i don't even know her (nor am i a violent person by any means). i am so sorry that you are going through this. you did the right thing by going to the doctor. the elevated BP was likely a direct result of the stressful situation and will likely decline and stay normal so long as you stay stress-free (difficult, i know). take this week off, rest and relax, and decide on the best course of action. i don't know how it is at your company, but i dealt with some harassment when i was pregnant with DS. i was in a difficult situation and felt that i couldn't go to HR. at my current company, i wouldn't think twice about going to HR! it just depends on your work environment. i know HR is always supposed to be there to protect you, but i also know what it feels like when you know going to HR either won't help or would be detrimental to your own career. big hugs!
March 27th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel so bad for you and your situation. I wonder how she would feel knowing she sent you the DR's office with contractions. What a terrible lady.

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

March 27th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Super Mommy
How awful! I'm sorry you are having to deal with people like that. I'm glad it seems you have a really great Dr though.
March 27th, 2013, 11:10 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs! I'm so sorry you have to deal with that person and now contractions on top of it. Definitely stay on top of your meds, drink lots of water and rest as much as possible! I hope the meds are working to stop the contractions and that your company will take appropriate action towards that person.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

March 28th, 2013, 02:16 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Man how she needs to be brought down off her crazy horse!! What a wench! I'll be stunned if they don't do something now, this has become a potential liability for them. Maybe money will be important to them since your well being obviously isn't. People like her make the work place so hostile and even dangerous

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search