Update on me / work and contractions.

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By bklynfinest77

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Krisnina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I went back again today for another non stress test. After the ordeal at work and constant contractions on Tuesday , my doctor wanted to check me out again. I was supposed to return to wOrk on Monday. Anyway, I guess I am still having contractions, so the doctor put me on a different medication that is better for long term use. I've also been advised not to return to work. So I guess Im going to have some time here before the baby comes.

Last edited by Krisnina; March 28th, 2013 at 06:52 PM.
March 28th, 2013, 08:22 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry to hear you're still having contractions. What medicine are you on? I hope the new meds help more! I'm assuming they've checked your cervix and length to make sure the contractions aren't causing shortening or dilation?

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

March 28th, 2013, 09:35 PM
#5 = the "Newbie"
Yay, hopefully your new reduced stress environment will reduce the amount on contractions you are having.

Barbara 38
Bill 40
Lexi 17
Jeremy 12
Dylan 9
Nathan born April 23, 2012
March 28th, 2013, 09:54 PM
I'm taking nifedipine. I was reading online that she should have checked my cervix, but I go back on Wednesday so I'll ask her then.

March 29th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Veteran
I was just thinking about you so I'm glad you posted an update... did you get any response to your email with the doctor's note? Do you feel like you can talk with HR or are you just going to see how things play out?

Sorry to hear that the contractions are continuing. Keep us posted.
March 29th, 2013, 07:30 AM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
Hugs, Sorry you are having contractions but at least your dr made the right decision to get you out of a stressful situation. As you may already know Me and Sethgirl(colleen) is also on nifedipine as well, i take mine every 8 hrs as well as get my cervix check to make sure the contractions are not changing my cervix anymore then it did already... I dont have any side effects from the med other then feeling a little down every since i started it but im not sure if thats from the meds or just the fact im contracting and it did change my cervix some so that scares me Keeps us posted and i hope thing calm now that you are not at work.

March 29th, 2013, 08:13 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs!!! As hard as it is to suddenly leave work, it is best for you and baby. I hope the rest and meds keep baby baking!
March 29th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you're still having contractions. I hope these new meds do the trick.

March 29th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynfinest77 View Post
Hugs, Sorry you are having contractions but at least your dr made the right decision to get you out of a stressful situation. As you may already know Me and Sethgirl(colleen) is also on nifedipine as well, i take mine every 8 hrs as well as get my cervix check to make sure the contractions are not changing my cervix anymore then it did already... I dont have any side effects from the med other then feeling a little down every since i started it but im not sure if thats from the meds or just the fact im contracting and it did change my cervix some so that scares me Keeps us posted and i hope thing calm now that you are not at work.
I didnt realize you are both were on it as well. Do you only take it when you feel them? I wasn't feeling them yesterday when they showed up on the non stress. I am feeling some this morning though.

March 29th, 2013, 10:54 AM
I was taking it at 6 and then 12 and then 6 hours around the clock but was still having too many contractions so I'm now on it every 6 hours (so 10mg every 6 hrs). I still have contractions with it but they aren't as strong and aren't as frequent and I have to go in weekly for NSTs. I do have some side effects (headaches and warm red skin (my cheeks)) but my OB said that after taking it every 6 hours for a few days it should get better so we'll see since I just started the every 6 hours yesterday.

Not sure if this will put your mind at ease any (I'm still nervous about the contractions but I try to remember this) I had contractions every day from 19 weeks until I delivered DS2 at 39 weeks. I was on bed rest from 31 weeks on and on nifedipine from then on as well, and my cervix was 2.7cm at 23 weeks and went down a fair amount from then on. So you can have this all and still deliver after term.

March 29th, 2013, 11:13 AM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
no i take them every 8 hrs no matter what i did try to change it to every 12 hrs but when i did that i notice i started having contraction again so i went back to 8 hrs ... now that i take it regularly i may get 4 contractions a day which is so much better then before. BTW I'm also progestrone shots to help build my cervix and it working, my bedrest is working as well. My cervix went as short as 2.5 and its back up to 3.2... i think with all the preventable measure that our OB's are taking we will all make it full term!
sethsgirl and apradams like this.

March 29th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Imani, that's awesome the shots are working! Mine has only shortened a little and I'm hoping it doesn't shorten anymore since I'm on bed rest otherwise I'll have to get those too.

March 29th, 2013, 03:10 PM
NoahandLola's Mommy
Hope the new medicine does the trick.

March 29th, 2013, 08:25 PM
getnthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im glad they are keeping you home. Im so sorry it is still affecting you.

March 30th, 2013, 12:35 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
It can't be easy to have been forced out of your job like this. I know it's worth it but that doesn't mean you don't have a right to be upset about it. I wish they'd bring that wench down a peg.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
March 30th, 2013, 12:53 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
How is the medication working?

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
April 1st, 2013, 01:42 PM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
Sorry to hear your having a bad time I am glad its workng though xx

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

April 1st, 2013, 05:54 PM
Thanks. It seems like the medicine is working. I haven't felt any contractions in a while, but I am still taking the mess to keep them off. I go back on Wednesday for another non stress.

April 1st, 2013, 05:59 PM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to hear that you are still having contractions but at least you don't have to deal with that lady anymore for the remainder of your pregnancy!

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search