Is how baby is in the womb indicative of how their personality is later?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NinjaCakes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2013, 04:42 AM
laur2laur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So my first son wasn't super active in the womb and he still has a mild, easy-going personality today at age 4.5. This baby boy kicks me like crazy and is always moving around. What do you think? Are personalities in the womb indicative of how the baby will be later on? Curious of what you BTDT mommies think!
March 31st, 2013, 07:40 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Now that I think about it both of my boys were very active in the womb and still are at 3 1/2 and 22 months. My first would have very strong movements and my second was very active but his movements weren't as dramatic I guess. That is definitely how they still are. This baby is way more mellow so far and she rarely jabs me yet so we'll see!

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

March 31st, 2013, 07:43 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
I wondered that too... this kid is way more active than my daughter was! And compared to some of her daycare classmates, she is much more reserved and doesn't run around quite as much.

March 31st, 2013, 08:44 AM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was just talking to the midwife about this. My daughter was the quietest baby in utero she just hung out. Barely ever moved or kicked. Everyone always wanted to feel her and I felt like I was letting people down because she was just so chill and didnt move much. She came out nothing like that. While she was always a good sleeper when she was awake she constantly had to be moving. She was never a baby that could just sit and watch things. I always joke that she was saving up all her energy for the busy bee she was to become.

This baby is the opposite. So busy in there, kicking, rolling, partying all night long...does this mean I'll get my mellow baby? One can hope right!
March 31st, 2013, 09:33 AM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
my oldest didnt kick much he was real mellow, he still real mellow ... i cant say for the twins cause they were busy but i think that cause it was two of them ... this baby is the most active of them all ... he parties all day long in my stomach to the point when hes not moving i get worried ..lol ... I'm really hoping hes the opposite when he come out cause i have one already that gaves me a run for my money, i so dont need another one,,lol

March 31st, 2013, 10:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lol I don't think so, as far as my kids are concerned. Nathaniel was really hyper in the womb and is still pretty hyper (but very mellow when it comes to his personality). Norah, however, was super mellow in the womb and I even went to the doctor's office one time because she didn't move for an entire day. She's just as hyper as Nathaniel is and is much more high-strung as far as her personality goes.

April 1st, 2013, 02:36 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethsgirl View Post
Now that I think about it both of my boys were very active in the womb and still are at 3 1/2 and 22 months.
You know 3 years old is supposed to be the time in a persons life when they have the most energy! Easy to believe right?

I would say no, because personality is formed through experience. It takes time for a child to interact with the world to develop personality. Temperament, however, is argued to be already formed at birth. Unfortunately there's no way of knowing when temperament develops prenatally; it could be week 12 or week 35. So a part of the way a child will be may already be present now in that they are an "easy" baby or a "hard" baby.
jersey_gray likes this.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
April 1st, 2013, 02:51 PM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
Serenity was a strong kicker and moved round but never changed head down position just like span about in the last weeks. She is now as active as anything at nearly 8 years old.

This little man I am carrying can't keep still lol.

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

April 1st, 2013, 03:03 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My Mum says I was a violent little thing, then I came out and was a pretty calm child.
My brother didn't move much, she even went into the hospital a few times because she hadn't felt him move in a few days and, well he had ADHD.

So maybe my family goes the opposite way, haha.

April 1st, 2013, 07:45 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I am an awful parent and can't remember 13, 9 or 6 years ago Jaxson, he was a MOVER and strong as an ox. He would punch my cervix sometimes and if I was up walking I would have to grab something so I wouldn't fall from the pain. He was very much a mover. Now, I can't stop this child. He was crawling at 4.5 months and can move things that his 5 year old brother can't. LOL.
April 1st, 2013, 07:53 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
J moved around a lot, but this baby moves around a TON. I wonder if it's a subsequent baby thing where they move more?

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
April 2nd, 2013, 02:07 PM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is funny only cause me and DH were talking about it a couple of weeks ago. With my DS I rarely felt him move and usually it was right before I was going to bed and that was it. This little girl however I feel ALL THE TIME! My DS since the day he was born has been a laid back little man... loves to play by himself and is just very calm, and has alway been an awesome sleeper. I am nervous that this little girl is going to be a monster!

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

April 2nd, 2013, 08:50 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1DD = wiggled all day and all night.. Once I fel her I never didnt feel her it seemed like... She is our social butterfly and loves people loves play loves activity! But is sweet as can be..

2DD = not as constant movement but when she moved it was BIG.. I could literally feel her flipping at 19 weeks .. And she could hurt me.. NOW she can be the sweetest silliest little thing but she can TERRORIZE us two seconds later.. Her personality is BIG...

3DS= was the most chill baby.. He moved.. But there would be days when I was 35
Weeks or so and id use my Doppler to make sure he was ok.. His movements were calmer.... And now he is as much BOY as they get ..
Running hitting throwing jumping! BUT he is unbelievably sweet and well mannered ..

So yes I think some of what they are inside is what they are like on the outside , but you can't really tell which way it will go .. also I am a firm believer in if you have two kids , one is your sweetie and the other is your demon spawn at times ... So if you already have the sweetie then good luck with baby number two

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search