24 week appt

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2013, 07:59 AM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
Had my 24 week appt today - I actually am not 24 weeks until Thursday, but measured at 24 1/2. Baby's hb was around 160 and my weight and blood pressure are spot on. He decided to give me a prescription for something for my congestion, because I've had this cold/flu thing for almost a month now and I can't stop coughing (because of the congestion, I guess?). He wants me to use this script, the saline spray and steam to "clear it out" because this is getting ridiculous.

Bad news, though. I failed my glucose test. It's not supposed to be over 129 and I checked in at 207, ugh. With DD I was at like 133. So, now I have to do the fasting thing for 12 hours again and then sit there in the waiting room for 3 hours. Miserable! I suppose this is a non-negotiable test, too, because I asked him about treatment stuff and he saw where I was going with it and said I just had to take the second one to see if it's "really gestational diabetes".

Has anyone had GD before? How did it effect your pregnancy/delivery?

p.s. i feel like an idiot because I just accidentally posted this in the JUNE 2013 DDC Chat and had to try to go back and get rid of it but I can't delete posts, ugh!

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.
April 1st, 2013, 12:05 PM
Gini_3boys's Avatar Super Mommy
Glad baby is measuring good but sorry about the gluclose test. I've had to take the 3 hour test with 2 of my pregnancies and you are right, it's miserable. I've never had gd so I don't know much about it but fingers crossed and prayers you pass the test.

Devin - 06/29/2004 Riley - 03/01/2007 Kyler - 07/20/2010 Tanner - 07/30/2013
April 1st, 2013, 01:03 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I'm dreading failing my 1hr test and then having to do the 3hr one. The 3hr is a PITA but the nurses were nice and gave me a pillow to try and sleep some. Oh and word of advice don't chug the drink. I did my first time and on an empty stomach was a bad idea. I threw up an hr into it and had to redo it.

April 1st, 2013, 11:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just failed my glucose test. My office does a two hour test rather than the one hour test so I don't have to do a repeat test. Just one test and you fail you fail. I have my OB appt tomorrow so I'll see what the doc says about it tomorrow. Hopefully just diet changes. You have my sympathy. Great that baby is doing well though!
April 2nd, 2013, 10:29 AM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
I had to do the 3 hour test with DD too and passed that one so I'm hoping the same happens this time. Just nervous I guess. I also had glucose in my urine yesterday? Not sure what that means...

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.
April 2nd, 2013, 11:04 AM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Booo. I have my glucose test coming up this week, not looking forward to it. I read that medications can throw off the results but I don't know how accurate that is. Glad everything else is looking good, though

This is what babycenter.com says about glucose in your urine:
Quote:
It's normal to occasionally have a small amount of sugar in your urine during pregnancy, but if you have elevated levels at a couple of prenatal visits in a row or a very high level at one visit, it could mean you have gestational diabetes. Your practitioner may have you take a glucose challenge test to find out whether that's the case. (Even if your urine test results are normal, you'll have a glucose challenge test between 24 and 28 weeks to check for this relatively common condition.)

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search