Skipping it!

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2013, 12:46 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh yes I am .... Had my 24 week apt today and my glucose test would be supposedly next apt at 28 weeks., but I told the dr today I will do the boring apt but not the glucose test.. I've tested for it the other 3 times,, and I am actually eating better and working out more this pregnancy that any of my other three.. So I said I was skipping it and he was totally cool with that...

Anyone else skipping?

April 1st, 2013, 12:51 PM
HappilyTogether's Avatar Super Mommy
I hope to skip it. I can't keep fluids down most of the time.
April 1st, 2013, 01:31 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Given my family history of it (and that it has nothing to do with your diet) I would be pretty silly to skip it.

April 1st, 2013, 01:59 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I tried skipping it last time when I had passed all the other ones I did but my midwives told me I had to do it. I want to skip this time but it won't be happening.

April 1st, 2013, 02:05 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
I'm skipping it. I've been eating a Paleo/Primitive diet with little to no grains, refined sugars, etc and drinking the drink you have to with the GTT I'd throw a false positive anyways. Not to mention that I'd be sicker than a dog from drinking the stuff too... It's not happening here!
April 1st, 2013, 02:41 PM
LittleMomma09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I go for mine in 2weeks. I have a family history of women getting it even if I didn't get it with my first.

April 1st, 2013, 02:48 PM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
I don't think we do it here unless there are levels of something or other in the urine.

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

April 1st, 2013, 03:28 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
I can't, my Dr sucks..I've never had it with previous pregnancies but due to my history of having big babies they made me do a 3hr at 16 weeks this time. I passed but they are making me do it again in the next few weeks incase I develop it later on. The 3 hour is awful...I'm so pissed I have to do it twice although I've never had GD or failed a glucose test.
April 1st, 2013, 03:38 PM
#5 = the "Newbie"
I have had GD twice including with my pregnancy last year so I won't be able to skip it unfortunately.

Barbara 38
Bill 40
Lexi 17
Jeremy 12
Dylan 9
Nathan born April 23, 2012
April 1st, 2013, 04:11 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my midwife suggested I skip it, so I will.
April 1st, 2013, 05:32 PM
Veteran
I would skip it in your shoes too. Since this is only my 2nd pregnancy I'm going to do it just in case, but I'm not happy about it.
April 1st, 2013, 07:25 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My MW doesn't even do it. She said, and I quote "what is normal about stuffing your body full of high levels of sugars in a short amount of time?". She said if I have signs, we will test my actual blood sugars. I haven't had it yet in any other pregnancy either. Even at my last one, I ate powdered donuts for breakfast and a coffee, had some peanut butter m&ms etc. If you are going to have it, you will no matter what you eat. A normal person should be able to eat a bag of sugar and a loaf of bread washed down with milk and their body should be able to break it down and process it...even though it would be hard on it.
April 1st, 2013, 07:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'll be doing the test. I don't really have any reason to deny it and I'd rather just make sure everything is ok. I also see it as a way to make sure my blood sugar isn't too low.
April 1st, 2013, 07:33 PM
ahruska's Avatar Super Mommy
I had mine today, it really sucks but not worth skipping in my OB's opinion.

April 1st, 2013, 07:43 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
I have to do mine one of these days (the "drink" has been in the refrigerator for a few weeks now). I guess I had never questioned it or thought about skipping it!

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
April 1st, 2013, 07:52 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Does anyone know what point they just have you do dietary changes as opposed to doing insulin? That has always been a fear of mine. My bro is a type 1 and I cringe looking at all the stuff he has to take/do for it.

April 1st, 2013, 11:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggysMommy View Post
Does anyone know what point they just have you do dietary changes as opposed to doing insulin? That has always been a fear of mine. My bro is a type 1 and I cringe looking at all the stuff he has to take/do for it.
Type 1 is different than Type 2. Type2 can be managed with diet and exercise and losing/controlling weight and not necessarily need insulin, depending on the individual.

I just found out I have gestational diabetes I don't know what it means for me yet as my OB appt isn't until tomorrow. Hopefully just a change in diet and some exercise. Unfortunately, from my googling, it looks like pretty much everything I eat I will have to stop eating or severely limit from now on (my family does not have a good diet, making healthier changes has been a struggle but now I won't have a choice, have to do it for my baby).

This is my third pregnancy and the first time I have had gestational diabetes. Not having had gestational diabetes in a previous pregnancy does not mean you will be fine this pregnancy. I would not skip the test. Yes, I never even contemplated the thought of failing the test but I never considered refusing the test.
April 2nd, 2013, 08:16 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish I could skip it but they want me to do it oh well.

Oct '11 June '12
April 2nd, 2013, 10:10 AM
Twin Mama
i doubt ill be able to skip it. my next appt is on the 9th and he said he will order it then. my family has no history of it, but i am overweight so i'm sure its possible. especially with the twin thing, my body is being taxed a lot.

April 2nd, 2013, 10:36 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I can totally understand the skipping of it and I did before, but I think I might take this time after I know what kind of test is being used though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search