Induction or not?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By OnesOnTheWay
  • 1 Post By bklynfinest77
  • 1 Post By bellabri287

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Regular
I'm just curious what your doctors/midwives do. For those of you not getting a planned C-Section, if you go past your due date will you be induced or are you going to wait it out until the baby comes on his/her own? Obviously this excludes reasons that are out of your control, but if you had your choice in the matter, what would you prefer?
April 4th, 2013, 12:20 PM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
I do *not* want to be induced.. especially not for bull crap reasons doctors come up with so it works with their schedule.
I want baby to come when they are ready and ripe.
.:fearless:. likes this.
April 4th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Regular
I'm in the same boat, but I'm hoping that doesn't mean baby will be 2 or 3 weeks late. I will be GINORMOUS and very uncomfortable by then.
April 4th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would definitely not allow an induction just because I went past the estimated due date. There would have to be a very strong medical argument for me to consider it, not comfort levels or convenient scheduling.
April 4th, 2013, 01:02 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would refuse one until after 42 weeks unless something was wrong with the baby or me.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

April 4th, 2013, 01:07 PM
HappilyTogether's Avatar Super Mommy
I do not want to be induced unless it is absolutely necessary.
April 4th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will see what happens at the time.

From what I gather it is not done anywhere near as much in Australia than it is abroad, so I am not overly worried about it being done 'just because'.

April 4th, 2013, 01:21 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would be offered an induction after 41 weeks.. But I would wait until 42.: if not more if I felt ok with waiting and things were looking fine

April 4th, 2013, 01:48 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
With my dd I was induced at 41w 5d. They estimated her to be over 9.5lbs (so wrong!) And I wasn't dilating or doing anything. Even though it ended in c section (for other reasons) I'm not upset I was induced. If I were going for a vbac I'd probably want to wait until 41 weeks at least. For my c section, I'm going as close to 40 weeks as my Dr will let me.

April 4th, 2013, 03:26 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
No way would I ever be induced! Inductions if your body isn't ready to have baby anyways can lead to SO many problems! I am having my second VBAC and with VBACs they generally will NOT induce anyways but my OB is OK with me going past the ESTIMATED DUE DATE and if I go past 42 weeks, he just wants me to come in for NSTs twice a week until baby decides to come.

Like my OB says... The EDD is an ESTIMATE and in other countries it's not really adhered to... He likes to say that we have a "birth month" not a due date.
April 4th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Gini_3boys's Avatar Super Mommy
I would wait 42 weeks before I even considered it. I've luckily enough had all my babies 1-2 days before their edd but my doctor won't even talk about induction(for non emergency medical reasons) until you are 41 weeks and then just schedules NST to check on baby to see what to do.

Devin - 06/29/2004 Riley - 03/01/2007 Kyler - 07/20/2010 Tanner - 07/30/2013
April 4th, 2013, 04:16 PM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Obviously I would like to go into labor naturally. With DS, I had PIH and was induced at 39w1d. My body was not ready at all, but I had an amazing induction, labor, and delivery. It's not all bad if medically necessary. I really hope to not have BP issues this time, but if I do I know I can have an amazing birth experience even with an induction. If I get to 41w, I will schedule an induction. My dates are accurate since I tracked O and had many early u/s due to my history. I will want this baby out come July!
April 4th, 2013, 05:51 PM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
i would never want to be induce for no serious reason ... I dont even want pitocin give to me ... honestly i want to able to labor as long as possible at home before even going in
OnesOnTheWay likes this.

April 4th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
We won't talk induction until 42 weeks if everything is looking fine with me and baby. I scheduled induction at 41w1d with DD because I was so ready and thankfully I went into labor about 18 hours before scheduled induction on my own. This time around I won't rush baby because I know my body can do it by itself.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
April 5th, 2013, 01:33 AM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I haven't discussed it, but I don't want to even consider it until past 41-42 weeks.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

April 5th, 2013, 08:03 AM
#5 = the "Newbie"
I will be induced at 39 weeks if I don't go on my own before then due to a couple of reasons: I had a blood clot in my leg with baby #2 and I have to wear compression on that leg and it is hard to walk on it already and I am only 24 weeks. I also have a history of gestational diabetes and larger babies, and I live about an hour away from the hospital. I have been induced three times and the other baby I went into labor on my own early in the emorning on the day we were going to be induced anyways.

Barbara 38
Bill 40
Lexi 17
Jeremy 12
Dylan 9
Nathan born April 23, 2012
April 5th, 2013, 08:59 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, considering I am having a home birth, lol I highly doubt there will be any inductions.
I was stupidly induced before with my 2nd and I would give anything to take back that miserable memory. If your body isn't ready and you are induced it can easily lead to distress and a CS. Some are OK with that, I am not. I think if say at 38 weeks, my BP was sky rocketing, I had protein spilling etc and baby HAD to come...but I was a 0 and so on....I wouldn't probably even do an induction, I would go straight for a CS. Good thing labor plans are just that, plans, and can and WILL change
My last MW wouldn't even strip membranes till 42 weeks, lol.
April 5th, 2013, 09:15 PM
getnthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dont think my situation will be the same but my life was in danger and I'm glad I had care that included an induction. Everyone was healthy so that is my goal.
That being said my dh takes the CA bar exam July 24- July 27th. I would love for the baby to wait till that was over like on the 28th. im due the 18th so it could be possible. I would love if this baby was 10 days late!

April 5th, 2013, 09:24 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My dr. wants to talk induction if you go 10 days past your due date. T came at 39 weeks though so that wasnt an issue.
April 7th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Twin Mama
I will be induced just before 38 weeks, DR will not let me go any further due to risks with this being twins. That being said if baby A is larger & head down he will let me delivery vaginally, so glad he is not auto c-sec me just because it's twins.
MeggysMommy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search