What's your conception story?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2013, 09:17 AM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
was planned to the T? was it a wild drunken night? was it infertility? was a shocker? Whats your story?

Mine was a total shocker!

To this day i still have days when i cant believe im pregnant.... with my twins I had to go through 6 rounds of injections and iui's to have them .. infertility dr told me it nearly impossible to get pg without meds.
On top of that me and hubby NEVER used protection not even the pull out thing and never once did I get pregnant in the 8 years after the twins. Then i decided to get a IUD because i was having heavy bleeding that was making me anemic so now im really thinking it can never happen. Sure enough the IUD moves 3 times in the 6 months i have it in and the last time it moves i get pregnant.

I was so shock i had to take 5 pregnancy test ...lol

April 5th, 2013, 10:21 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We decided to stop trying and once that cycle was over we were going to start the adoption process since we've always wanted to adopt. So we were a little surprised when I got a BFP!

With DS1 it took us 15 months of TTC to become pregnant. With DS2 I was on the mini pill and got pregnant (total shock!).
keekopeeko likes this.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

April 5th, 2013, 10:34 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
totally planned. i had a 10 week loss last march and started a new job in june. so, i calculated exactly when we could TTC for me to qualify for FMLA. the month we could start we did the "sperm meets egg" plan. it worked!
keekopeeko likes this.
April 5th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Veteran
We were preventing with the ol' reliable withdrawal method. Hubby was going to get snipped and had already had his initial consultation for it. Surprise! I felt funny a few days before AF was due, and got a bfp. Didn't expect it to stick because I had 2 miscarriages in previous year (also surprises... you'd think we'd learn), but lo and behold, I'm still here.

It was a surprise and shock and not planned, but now I can't wait to hold my new baby boy!
offthewallfilms likes this.
April 5th, 2013, 11:01 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
Planned. I figured I wanted about a 3 year gap, last summer DH was gone from June to Aug for work training, in Aug we moved, so we officially started trying in late September I think and I got pregnant on the second cycle.

With DD, we figured we'd want a baby soon so I stopped taking the pill, 2 weeks later I ovulated and got pregnant. We were in shock it happened so fast.

I'm also surprised now that withdrawal (pulling out) as worked so well for us over the years. I went about 6 months not on BC after we got married (I wanted a hormone break), and after DD was born until this baby was conceived I wasn't on anything. I'm afraid I'll be playing with fire if we try that again and dont' want another baby!

April 5th, 2013, 11:31 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
surprised us here!

we went on our FIRST ever night away from the kids and USED condoms! ... got home from the weekend trip and DH worked for over a week before we could DTD again.. I knew id Oed while he was working so I didn't worry about pull out or condoms... 10 days later I got a strong BFP a day after my missed period! I thought for sure it had happened after our trip...but ultra sound confirmed that this baby truly was just meant to be! .... and I am thrilled! really cant wait to have another!
Leanne Marie likes this.

April 5th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Super Mommy
Totally not planned. We were planning on trying early this year, so it surprised us just a few months early. It was my birthday weekend and we were away and not totally prepared...

DH and I have only ever had unprotected sex TWICE. I ended up pregnant both times (I had an early loss last year). Needless to say, DH thinks pretty highly of himself.
April 5th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We're always shocked! We had 4 unplanned pregnancies including this one. I think God gives me these because I'd be crazy obsessive TTC. Oh and also we're really bad about remembering our BC, lol. DH will be getting the big V before this little girl arrives.

April 5th, 2013, 12:39 PM
HappilyTogether's Avatar Cautiously Expecting
We tried for 19 months, prior to that I was on BC pills. After trying for a year, we were both drained and thought we'd take a break for a while. Then I found out I was pregnant, which I was in denial about, but it didn't even make it to 5 weeks (just 2 days before our anniversary - which is coming up in a few days again; it makes me feel depressed lately though). After that my cycles were crazy. I tried everything to get it regulated but nothing worked. I was ready to give up, by the time September came, but we decided to try once more. We finally got pregnant again with the help of ovarian and fallopian massage (which I had also done on the cycle I had got pregnant on before) and evening primrose oil.
April 5th, 2013, 12:46 PM
ahruska's Avatar Super Mommy
This was a total surprise. We had tried for DD but decided to wait another year to try for #2. I was using FAM but was on steroids and I guess that screwed up my cycle and I didn't know. I ovulated 1 week late at least. DH will have to get the big V sometime this year b/c we are thrilled with this surprise but are done now!

April 5th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This pregnancy was planned for a while. With dd, we dtd one time unprotected in college and ended up with a huge surprise. So, rhis time, we expected it to happen immediately again. It ended up taking about a year and a half of actively ttc, charting, and using ovulation detectors. I never thought it would take us that long. My doctor gave us a referral to an infertility doc but we decided to wait. I allowed myself to gain 10 lbs over the summer and dh used some other merhods. The month before getting pregnant, I got a false positive, so the next month, I wasn't terribly anxious to test. When I finally did, we were both so excited!
April 5th, 2013, 01:48 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
Total surprise!!

I've tried a lot of different bc' s and hated them all so for the past couple years we've used condoms & I tracked my cycle to see when I'd ovulate, etc..never had a condom break or fall off so I definitely didn't think I was pregnant when AF was late. I waited 8 days after I missed AF thinking it was just late then I finally tested & the pregnant line popped up instantly before the control line even showed.

It was kind of hard to grasp at first because we really felt we were done at 3 kids but once it sunk in I was happy. Every day that goes by & get more & more excited to meet him & things have really fallen into place so far so I have no regrets..I can't wait to meet him!
April 5th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just about as planned as you can get.

We knew that I was technically infertile ages ago, I've had several surgeries trying to correct that (stage 4 endometriosis) but extensive damage from the endo tissue has left my tubes pretty much collapsing in on themselves.

Initially we looked into adoption, however adoption in Australia is a very rigid process as there are roughly 7 prospective couples at one time for every single child who is looking for a family. Private adoption is illegal here. We made it through the initial screening but I was deemed unsuitable following a medical. From there we looked into overseas adoption, but the waiting list is currently at 12+ years.

From there we went ART, I was initially on clomid for about 8 months, and had two ectopic pregnancies (both detected at 5 weeks, so for both I was able to have 'the abortion pill' rather than the surgery) I don't know why I was put on clomid given the state both my tubes are in, it makes no sense, but oh well, that's in the past.

From there we started IVF, there were a few hiccups along the way (one of my ovaries decided to grow a giant cyst half way through the treatment) but we ended up with 4 embryos, we had one transferred and two frozen (one died during the freezing process), and the one we had transferred took, so here I am now.

April 5th, 2013, 03:18 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
Planned. We had been trying for 3+ years and had two losses in that time. We did several iuis and this baby was a FET. DS and our second pregnancy were both one or two months or trying...we have no idea why it then took so long.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
April 5th, 2013, 03:56 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Total shocker.

Ever since DH and I got together we've used the withdrawl method/FAM also mixed in a few times condoms, but haven't used those in years. The only time we didn't use it was when TTC Megan then back to it since it worked so well for us. Then last summer DH asked if there was a time in the month I couldn't get pregnant and I knew when since I was charting etc. Well skip to October when my chart had said I had ovulated and we DTD one time after that and my body was like oh oops nope you hadn't ovulated yet you will now. 10 days later I got a BFP.

April 5th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Krisnina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This little baby was so planned. We first for pregnant two months after trying at the beginning of last year. I lost the baby at 10 wks. I actually ended up in the hospital while out of state during our wedding anniversary. I had the d&c the day of our wedding anniversary, which is coming up in 11 days. My doctor said to go ahead and try the very next month after my loss since I was 35 at the time and Im not getting any younger. We tried temping, using opks and whatever we could. My husbands mother was Ill with pancreatic cancer and ended up passing in August. We so wanted her to be around when we got pregnant. I think the added pressure didn't help. Anyway, I wasn't getting pregnant and since it was past the 6 month mark, my doctor made an infertility consultant for me at the beginning of November, but I actually found out I was pregnant like two weeks before the appointment. Yay!

April 5th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Super Mommy
He was planned. We tried for 4 cycles before getting pregnant. In fact, I bought my wedding dress almost exactly 4 weeks before getting pregnant. Who knew that all it would take was buying an overpriced, non-refundable, one-time-use article of clothing?
offthewallfilms and pearlica like this.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
April 5th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Super Mommy
Ours was planned. It's was our 2nd month of TTC, the peak fertility was during Thanksgiving weekend (which in Canada is in October). My whole family was visiting for the weekend and they were all sleeping in the next room but we didn't want to miss the window of opportunity... so we had to be super quiet. LOL...
pearlica likes this.
April 5th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
we were wanting another one but weren't actively trying to have one. I was very surprised to get BFP as I thought it was going to be something we would have to work on. It took us a while to get pregnant with our first. We were both over the moon happy to find out we were pregnant

April 5th, 2013, 06:40 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm loving all these stories.. Especially the ones about how very very planned for these special babies are... 2 out of my 5 pregnancies were surprises.. 3 (one I lost) were very very planned... And I know how hard the TTC process can be.. I also have a SIL struggling to get pregnant right now with PCOS and i just know how special it will be when she finally gets her sticky bean!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search