how did you meet Hubby/BF... post a pic of hubby

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2013, 09:53 AM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
Just wondering how everyone meet there other half. while your at it post a pic of him or both of yall together

As for me

We meet on 42nd Street in front of a movie theater. ..
I was waiting on my friend and he was waiting to for some as well and he came up to me and started talking. I thought he was cute so I talked back (normally i will just be mean and not say anythhing..lol).

He was really funny and thought he was cool so since my friend was running late and his friend didnt show up we went next door to the resturant to have a drink and continue talking... Once my friend showed up we exchange number and we been together for 12 years now and married for 9 .

Last edited by bklynfinest77; April 6th, 2013 at 10:08 AM.
April 6th, 2013, 10:05 AM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
We both worked at a grocery store here. I finally had the courage to tell him I liked him. Then he asked me out we dated for 7 months and have been married for 5 years.

April 6th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Krisnina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We met while taking a computer animation class at night. We became friends on the very first night, 8 years ago this August.

I just adore him!

April 6th, 2013, 10:27 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Double post

Last edited by keekopeeko; April 6th, 2013 at 10:36 AM.
April 6th, 2013, 10:35 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by keekopeeko View Post
I love our story.. to make it short ... I'd always thought he was super hott.. We officially met when I was 18 but the timing just wasn't really right .. About a year later we started talking again .. Hung out on college breaks.. Started dating December 31 2003... Got engaged may of 2004 and married July 2004

I LOVE this picture of him.. He is a lineman for our local electric company and I think he looks so sexy in his gear
.:fearless:. likes this.

April 6th, 2013, 10:37 AM
gotta give him credit...i'm a chicken when it comes to heights so he has bunch of props from me lol
keekopeeko and NinjaCakes like this.
April 6th, 2013, 01:38 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My husband and I met while working together in a lab. He was a friend and I was going through a rough break-up and he was always there to make me laugh and feel better. A little while later we went on a camping trip and shared a tent...the rest is history

This summer we will have been together for 7 years, married for 3.

April 6th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Super Mommy
I met my DH in 2006 when I was on an exchange program in Cuba. My friends and I had met his best friend who had fallen madly in love with one of my friends, but he was shy and needed DH as his "wing-man". lol

We got married very quickly and by 2007, he came to Canada and went from this....

... to this...

Luckily for him, he likes winter. In fact, he's developed an obsession with winter wear and is always coming home with jackets and boots he finds at the second hand store for $5-10. Now that the baby will be taking up tons of space in our apartment, the rule is that for everything he brings into the house, something's gotta go out!
April 6th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I met my husband in college. He took one of my roommates to a wedding as his date and then started hanging out in our apartment a lot. We got to know each other over a months time and next thing I knew we were dating. We dated for 10 months before we found out we were expecting our first son. We got married 3 months later. We've been together 7 years and married for 6 years. I cannot imagine walking this road with anyone else. He's my best friend and the most amazing daddy.

April 6th, 2013, 02:45 PM
jkgreen's Avatar Awaiting Our First Bundle
He was my.... ready for this???... my uncle's girlfriend's son's best friend. LOL!! You might want to read that again. LOL Long story short: My "cousin" and I talked all the time through MSN Messenger because we lived 45 minutes away from each other.. and I happened to say something on a day that my hubby was over there. And the questions began. Then he and I started talking through MSN messenger.. I thought he was funny... later on the relationship I was in fell through like they do in high school.. and I met my husband at his homecoming dance and we have been together ever since. We saw each other on the weekends through high school and college when he went out of state. We started dating in October 2004, moved in with each other in February 2007, got engaged June 2009, married June 2011.. and here we are. He is truly the best man and husband I could wish for. Our baby is one lucky baby for having him as father.

April 6th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We met online in a chat room and decided to meet up and things moved ridiculously quickly, we moved in together after 3 months (and a very difficult situation with my housemates regarding something else) and were engaged after 6 months... we did have a long engagement of 2 years though, haha.

April 6th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He was my high-school sweetheart, we started dating in 8th grade (which kinda makes him my middle-school sweetheart by our school's standards lol). Anyway, he was actually dating my best friend in 7th grade and she asked me to break up with him for her, which I did. He was hung up on her for a while. We all got put in the same classes in 8th grade, so we ended up becoming a Three Amigos like group, which is when I started having a crush on him. One day I wrote him a super-sappy letter and we started going out. Et voila, we have been together ever since (with a few break-ups in high school, because, y'know, teenagers).

Us back then (we were 14 or 15).

Us now (on our second wedding anniversary)

April 6th, 2013, 08:05 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
I have a picture in my Avi, if I remember I'll come back & post more tomorrow from my desktop.

We met our sophomore year of high school..he was in 4 of my classes so the 2nd or 3rd day of school he passed by me at lunch & I stopped him & said hi. We started sitting together in our classes & became friends. I only thought of him as a friend until Junior year he started dating some other girl & I realized I liked him as more then friends so I told him & he broke up with her & we started dating. We got married at 18 & have been married 8 years.
April 6th, 2013, 08:47 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
DH and I met on Yahoo! Personals in July 2005. He was living about 2 miles from where I was living. We talked on the phone for a week, decided to meet up at County Fair where he was doing some stuff for 4-H as an adult leader. Two nights in a row I was racing home to beat the sun because my mom had DS1 overnight. DS1 and I moved in with DH Labor Day weekend 2005, got engaged Mother's Day 2006 and got married May 12, 2007. We've been together almost 8 years and have had almost 3 beautiful children together. I couldn't ask for a better husband or father for the kids. DS1 was young enough too that he hasn't ever known anyone other than DH as his daddy... I'm so blessed that DH stepped into the Daddy role from the first time he met DS1 (which was two days after I met DH in person.)

From our wedding... I was 14 weeks pregnant with DS2.
.:fearless:. likes this.
April 7th, 2013, 12:38 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
We met my third year of college. We were moving into our apartments, and my roommates were fairly outgoing and decided they wanted to meet the guys who lived next door. DH had just transferred to the school, so he started hanging out with us since we knew a lot of people. I was sorta dating another guy (who lived in the apt just above DH) for the first few months we knew each other, then even after that fizzled out, I didn't want to be involved with anyone until after my friends and I did our spring break trip. I knew I liked DH though. After spring break we started dating (so like April 2005), I graduated in May 06, we got engaged in April 07 and married in May 08. So we've been together 8 years now, married almost 5.

April 7th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Breana_Ashlee's Avatar Veteran
We met our senior year of high school.. we went to two high schools together but somehow never saw or met each other despite having several mutual friends. We first met in our economics class he had a crush on me but was too shy to say anything for the entire 18 weeks of class we had together... One of his friends actually found me on facebook to find out if i was interested and i gave him my number to give to leon.. we had our first date and officially started dating 2/14/2010..we've had bumps and a particularly long break up from 2011-2012 but have always remained close and always found our way back to each other.. i went through one of those too young to have found the right one phases.. but now we are better than ever and sooo very happy...

this is us back in 2010...

[/CENTER]
April 7th, 2013, 09:28 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had went to school together, but we weren't in the same "groups" at all and I really only remembered his name and not "him". He CLAIMS he asked me to be his girlfriend in 6th grade and I ditched him haha...I don't recall it!
Anyhow, fast forward to 2009, we were both on a dating site. I was over it and hadn't logged in, in MONTHS. I randomly did from my phone, and had about 30 messages. I clicked on one, and recognized him. I sent him a msg back and just immediately gave him my # since I knew him. After a rockyyyy heart breaking first year, here we are. We just celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary and have our 2nd child together on the way He his my best friend and I am SO glad our stubborn selves gave in to each other. I couldn't ever imagine life without him. He is a great mate, husband, lover, friend, father and provider. This is it ya'll!

One of our wedding pics <3

Before a Jason Aldean concert this fall.
April 8th, 2013, 07:31 AM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I like reading stories like these Ours is nothing exciting, really. BF was friends with my neighbor. I became friends with them my senior year; I thought he was the most handsome man I'd ever seen. I didn't think he'd ever have any interest in me, though. It took a few weeks for either of us to overcome shyness. That was about all there was to it. We were pretty boring from the start, and still are

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
April 8th, 2013, 08:39 AM
HappilyTogether's Avatar Super Mommy
We met at church, the 6 months later we started doing volunteer work twice a week together. 1 year after we met he told me he was moving away. I felt heart broken, so I told him I had feelings for him. He said he just wanted to be friends. That didn't last long though, as about a month and a half later we started hanging out together more and more. He proposed 9 months later, and we married 12 days after that. 4 more days to our 2nd anniversary.

Us two years ago.

Last edited by HappilyTogether; April 8th, 2013 at 09:22 AM.
April 8th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
We met in high school. DH and my cousin were/are really good friends and we all ran around with the same crowd. We were really good friends for a little while then it just somehow became more than that. We started dating in may 2003, dated for 9 years and just got married in may 2012. I can't believe we've already been married almost a year! We had our first DD in April 2010. DH proposed to me on DD's first birthday at her party in front of all our family and friends. We have something really special and I'm so blessed to have him in my life!

Us just a few weeks ago!

Us on our honeymoon last summer!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search